Quicksilver

Marvel Superheroes 2016 Rumors And Discussion

Oh ya.. So who's it gonna be then?!?!?

Wait why are you asking.. We should be the ones asking you :grin: :grin:

I don't know anything about a polybag! :laugh:

I just noticed that this is the 3rd Civil War set to have a fire extinguisher. Poor Crossbones is missing out on all the fun.

The build is obviously Ant-Mans "water truck", which is great, but why didn't they include new Ant-man minifigure instead of repeat Cap?

If I remember correctly the "water truck" was white and not as long. Also, while I would have preferred Ant-Man, it would be weird to have a Captain America line of sets where he doesn't even appear in half of them.

I agree with Nemo as this set, doesn't impress me that much. The Spider-man and Hawkeye are the best incarnations they've been given, but the changes on Vision aren't enough for me to really care and I don't think Cap is changed at all, not to mention the build is crummy. For an expansion of the airport I expected better...

Edited by Coca-Cola

I just noticed that this is the 3rd Civil War set to have a fire extinguisher. Poor Crossbones is missing out on all the fun.

maybe he should've stolen more than just the chemicals...

Edited by Duncan Young

This set was meh for me at first, but after having time to break it down and digest it, I love it! :grin: The accompaniment to Airport Battle (Which I got for my Birthday on Thursday and has to be my favourite set to date) was a great move, and the minifigures included in the set are phenomenal! Hawkeye and Spiderman are great, and Vision getting the slight update is perfect! I just wish Cap's torso print lost the red triangles but hey - it's close enough! Day One purchase for me!

If I remember correctly the "water truck" was white and not as long. Also, while I would have preferred Ant-Man, it would be weird to have a Captain America line of sets where he doesn't even appear in half of them.

I agree with Nemo as this set, doesn't impress me that much. The Spider-man and Hawkeye are the best incarnations they've been given, but the changes on Vision aren't enough for me to really care and I don't think Cap is changed at all, not to mention the build is crummy. For an expansion of the airport I expected better...

Well it's Lego's version of "water truck". But let's be honest, minifigures are clearly a selling point here, so build is kinda meh. But best version of Spidey alone makes this set a worthwhile purchase for me.

The arm printing on the dark blue arms really makes it an "Ultimate" Spider-Man, no? :tongue:

Have you got pics of the individual figures??

Yes!!!! That's going to save me from buying a few AoU sets. Vision-Hawkeye-Spidey all in one fell swoop!

Alright, so which store is this exclusive to?

And please don't say Walmart.

Toys "Backwards R" Us.

This set is awesome! Amazing figures and a decent build for the price point. Don't like the reuse of Cap's head for Hawkeye, but I'm just so happy that we got three new digs! And that Spider-Man is amazing! Definitely buying this on day one.

SPIDER-MAN!!!

I'm beyond excited for this!!! Spider-Man looks fantastic and is everything I wanted as a minifig. Also great that we're getting Hawkeye and Vision in this, which saves me from buying last year's quinjet. The set itself is okay, but it'll go well with the airport set on display. After seeing this new Hawkeye though, it makes me upset that we didn't get an updated Black Widow or Ant-Man this year.

Also, is that a super jumper in the set? I thought they were discontinued.

As for everyone who's been waiting for that exclusive Civil War set; Here it is!

• Spider-man looks good seems to have arm printing and dual molded legs.
  • Vision seems to be his AoU version with fairly minor changes, which works alright as he didnt have any major changes between that and Civil War. Unsure if they fixed his head print or not.
  • Hawkeye looks great other than his head, which i believe is the Captain America unmasked.
  • Captain America again is a tad disappointing, though he does have a dark red shield in this - which is good

In terms of remaining Civil War characters that we have Thunderbolt Ross, Everett Ross and Baron Zemo. Hopefully we get them at some stage...

Overall though the tanker truck set looks rather disappointing, the figures are the remaining members of Team Cap and Team Iron Man (Other than the missing Ant-Man who will presumably be released with Ant-Man and the Wasp or Infinity War sets, if we get them. Though other than filling out the ranks, it doesnt really offer too much - even the playability seems a little lacking in the build with just an exploding feature on the truck (Turn the wheel, the fire moves up and knocks the roof off)

It probably would'nt be a buy for me if it didnt include Spider-man with that level of detail and i guess this is because we likely wont see too many sets released for his solo movie next year, i'd expect a max of two or three (Though i think its more likely we'll just get one). Especially given Lego will probably be doing Guardians Of The Galaxy 2 sets also.

I forget, is this still an August release?

Yep. I think I read that Marvel stipulated no Civil War merchandise featuring Spider-Man could be released before then, probably because there would have been the potential for leaks of concept art or prototypes if they came out any sooner.

• Spider-man looks good seems to have arm printing and dual molded legs.
  • Vision seems to be his AoU version with fairly minor changes, which works alright as he didnt have any major changes between that and Civil War. Unsure if they fixed his head print or not.
  • Hawkeye looks great other than his head, which i believe is the Captain America unmasked.
  • Captain America again is a tad disappointing, though he does have a dark red shield in this - which is good

In terms of remaining Civil War characters that we have Thunderbolt Ross, Everett Ross and Baron Zemo. Hopefully we get them at some stage...

Overall though the tanker truck set looks rather disappointing, the figures are the remaining members of Team Cap and Team Iron Man (Other than the missing Ant-Man who will presumably be released with Ant-Man and the Wasp or Infinity War sets, if we get them. Though other than filling out the ranks, it doesnt really offer too much - even the playability seems a little lacking in the build with just an exploding feature on the truck (Turn the wheel, the fire moves up and knocks the roof off)

It probably would'nt be a buy for me if it didnt include Spider-man with that level of detail and i guess this is because we likely wont see too many sets released for his solo movie next year, i'd expect a max of two or three (Though i think its more likely we'll just get one). Especially given Lego will probably be doing Guardians Of The Galaxy 2 sets also.

I looked closer and the head of vision is upgraded his mind gem is yellow now!

Not a fan of the set itself, but man oh man spidey and hawkeye look AWESOMEE!! :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin::classic:

As for everyone who's been waiting for that exclusive Civil War set; Here it is!

JWIgoUF.jpg

tp9sBmp.png

Wow, that's a good figure selection. Given the 300+ piece count and the four figures, I'm assuming a cost of $40.

The Build

The truck is really weak. It's fairly ugly, and it doesn't accurately represent the fuel truck in the film. The wind cone is pretty good, though.

The Figures

Obviously, the draw here is Spider-Man, and he's a pretty good draw. Dark blue color scheme is a plus, as it's more accurate than regular blue. The legs are dual molded, obviously a plus. I can't tell if the legs are printed, too. If so, awesome, and if not, not a big loss. The head looks perfect, and I have no criticisms of it. The torso is printed on Red plastic, which is great, because it avoids a bleed through. From this angle, I don't love the torso design, but a straight on view might fix that. The arms have printing, which is fantastic! However, it looks like the dark blue base will make them look slightly faded. I'm glad they've included one of the new clear hand holding pieces and the new webs.

Hawkeye is pretty good. He looks accurate, and I'm actually grateful he comes with Cap's head. I Bricklinked the Black Panther figure, so I never got that head. Now there's nothing I need from that set.

Vision is great. I already had the Quinjet one, but this one fixes the gem issue, so I kind of need to buy this one.

Captain America is fine. This might be the only set a kid gets, so getting the hero, the biggest character, and two side character is good. Someone else in this thread thought his shield is dark red, but it's definitely not. This is a rendered image, so there's no pinkening of the white areas.

Overall, this is a great set figure wise, probably the worst set of the line build-wise. I'm going to buy it, and either sell the truck for $10-15 on Bricklink, or if it doesn't sell, I'll just toss it in my parts collection.

Is it just me or does it look like cap is missing the extra red?

Nothing has changed about Cap, but that was expected. A good replacement for Hawkeye's head is his AoU one or the new naboo pilot head from last year's naboo starfighter set. Although it works better for Clint than Steve.

It always look like cap is going to have his face a bit more flesh, but it's most likely the same old tan head.

Edited by amazingbricks