Quicksilver

Marvel Superheroes 2016 Rumors And Discussion

Like, a gajillion pages back, I wrote a big long paragraph about why Daredevil could be the SDCC exclusive. No on cared then...

But I hope not, I say mass merchandising for him! Give him a set already for crying out loud!

I'm betting it's still gonna happen. Just be patient, it's all part of the build-up that Disney is creating.

For example, if you've ever heard of Funkp Pop vinyl figures, they just released a Spidey exclusive figure this week. No one saw it coming and it was not previewed. Yet there it is - Spidey in the trailer, Spidey merchandise.

I'm betting it's still gonna happen. Just be patient, it's all part of the build-up that Disney is creating.

For example, if you've ever heard of Funkp Pop vinyl figures, they just released a Spidey exclusive figure this week. No one saw it coming and it was not previewed. Yet there it is - Spidey in the trailer, Spidey merchandise.

Where'd you see that? I haven't seen anything about a Spidey POP coming out this week

Where'd you see that? I haven't seen anything about a Spidey POP coming out this week

Me neither, was it a Civil War variant?

Hey, my Crossbones' Hazaard Heist and Super Hero Airport Battle arrived this morning! They're both fantastic sets, and might've looked better if I'd put all the stickers on, but I'm not too keen on the "detail" ones. All in all, great value for money and great minifigure selection! Waitin to decide whether to buy in full or BL minifigures from the Black Panther set.

Amazingbricks is "guessing" we're getting Daredevil for SDCC. Few posts up.

Oh ok. I just scan this thread nowadays to avoid spoilers a bit, so i missed that. Concerning Daredevil and SDCC; i can see them making the netflix series DD for sdcc. A comic DD is more for a spider-man set i guess. However which DD they will choose as a sdcc exclusive there's gonna be trouble, because a lot of people want him. He will be the scalpers wet dream, and the collectors nightmare.

Anyway, Amazingbricks "guesses" weren't always right in the end i believe, so no harm done yet.

anyone else starting to wonder if forth civil war actually happening?

I'll be going to the Melbourne Toy Fair tomorrow. Will let you guys know if the 4th Civil War set is there and details on it :sweet:

Hot Topic released a red/black Spidey Pop this week. It's not Civil War related, but it's no coincidence that it dropped the same week as the Spidey trailer. It's a repaint of Spidey #3 with the blue areas painted black.

Also, check out my Pop thread in the Culture/Media section. It'd be great to trade news and sightings like this.

Would they still do a lego figure for a show that dropped an f-bomb. In like episode 2 of season 2 the punisher drops one mid sentence. I think the show might be too dark for legos standards in general

There's swearing in most MCU films.

Not if Captain America has anything to say about it :laugh:

What if...... the SDCC exclusive is this one:

:oh:

trc0200_v005_036854.1094_-h_2016.jpg

He and Deadpool are my bets

I cannot stress enough how much I want Daredevil to be a wide release. He is too important of a character (especially now that he has some well deserved MCU publicity) to be an SDCC figure. I hope we get an MCU version in sets and a comic version at SDCC if they're gonna make him. But knowing Lego it'll be the other way around.

A figure of him will definitely be made imo, with this new Black Panther headpiece and all.

But all this is just some wish list material I guess. :grin:

Edited by Legocity2713

What if...... the SDCC exclusive is this one:

:oh:

trc0200_v005_036854.1094_-h_2016.jpg

He and Deadpool are my bets

No way, he is getting his own movie next year and lego make at least one set based off it. This will make the comic con figure useless. My bets on (I hate to say it.) Spiderman 2099. :ugh:

yeah but it's basic pg 13 curse words. Like I'm 99% sure if I said the f word on this forum I'd get in trouble. Lego is a family friendly toy but Darevil is not a family friendly show. I don't even get why were discussing Daredevil in the first place,right?

I would have to say the SDCC Green Arrow also looks TV Show based, but I am guessing that doesn't count either.

I think it means if we see anything, it will be a SDCC exclusive. I love me some AoS, but the viewership is small, and mostly isn't kids, the biggest audience for wide release sets. There are a bunch of Ideas projects based on AoS. I have made my own mocs for these characters.

That's the same reason why I don't think we're gonna be getting a Daredevil set either.

The MCU films are generally aimed at an all-ages audience.There's stuff to appeal to all age brackets but they're very careful to make sure it never crosses the line into R rated territory, because children make up a large portion of the audience and merchandise consumer base. The Netflix shows are aimed at a more adult audience and have stuff that would never EVER make it into an MCU movie, so the crossover appeal isn't really there.

Of the two of them, I think the Agents of SHIELD would have a better chance at getting a Lego set, but that's only because it's not quite as raunchy or explicit as Daredevil and Jessica Jones.

I would think a Daredevil minifigure at this time would draw attention to the new show, which is not PG-13. It would almost make it appear as though Lego was making a kids toy for something that's not a kids show.

I would assume that's why Lego is distant from Daredevil and the like. They're worried someone's gonna buy a Lego set and then watch a graphic show and then blame Lego. Do I agree with this? In principle, yes, because sometimes parents and kids can be dumb.

That said, I could maybe see a Daredevil figure as a con exclusive. It wouldn't be as widely available as the Avengers and Spider-Man stuff and by it's very nature would mostly be aimed at collectors.

So there'd be less risk of upsetting parents for trying to market a really violent and graphic show to children by giving them a Daredevil minifig.

I don't really see how a comic based daredevil would draw any attention to the show. He's in the Lego game along with Jessica. Parents should be smart enough to know what to let their kids watch. If not, it's completely their fault.

Nobody claimed there would be any kind of Daredevil set. That would be a terrible idea because of target demographics. A few of us suggested an SDCC exclusive TV show-based figure, which doesn't have to be that kid-friendly, and they only make a small number.

We're having fun guessing what the con-exclusive will be. That is all.