Quicksilver

Marvel Superheroes 2016 Rumors And Discussion

I know the sidecar part has already been stated, but it seems like it may have a flickr fire missile turret mounted sidecar as well.

Pretty cool I guess and I like the color scheme. :thumbup:

Edited by Legocity2713

Disappointed that the Captain America polybag appears to just be the AoU Captain America with a motorbike with a sidecar. Was hoping we'd at least get one representation of his updated costume for Civil War.

Though i guess that could potentially happen with the fourth Civil War set.

At this stage i'm hoping for the following from the fourth set;

- Captain America (New version based on chainmail suit)

- Spider-man

- Baron Zemo (Just a dude in a Hydra suit or suit along the lines of Baron Strucker)

- Hawkeye (Civil War version) or Ant-Man (Civil War version - normal figure scale)

Really hope its a good set regardless

Regarding the fourth set, we've recently begun seeing concept art of a large battle between the heroes occuring in a destroyed city environment. Its possible that this was replaced by the airport, but personally i'm not buying that given i'd expect a different more chaotic final battle than just an airport exploding (plus Zemo/Crossbones will probably have some role). I would'nt be too suprised if this is the true 'final battle' area of Civil War where a gritty final confrontation would take place before the emotional ending suckerpunch.

Edited by Scarilian

Brickset is a fan site, just like us. They don't know anything more about the 4th CW set than we do. And you can bet that if any info on that set leaks on their forums, it'd appear here faster than the time the Brickset mods take to publish a front page article, anyway.

It really doesn't make sense to expect a new Captain America print. If they were going to make one, they'd use it on everything right?

Ah, should've figured it'd be a sidecar. That's cute, I guess. Kind of a bummer that there's no new minifig or anything, but I can't say I'm shocked. Wasn't there talk of another polybag? Maybe we'll get some cooler in that.

Crossbones set is available in S@H in Europe and it costs only 26,99€ ! With the exchange are 30$!!! thank you Lego for hate Europe

P.S.: BP Pursuit will costs 37,99€ wich are 40$

With any luck maybe this polybag will have the dark red shield, instead of the pink one. That would be a good selling point.

Ah, should've figured it'd be a sidecar. That's cute, I guess. Kind of a bummer that there's no new minifig or anything, but I can't say I'm shocked. Wasn't there talk of another polybag? Maybe we'll get some cooler in that.

There has been talk - I don't know how credible - of a Civil War polybag along the same lines as the 5002145 Rocket Raccoon or 5003084 Hulk polybags. It probably wouldn't turn up until fall though.

With any luck maybe this polybag will have the dark red shield, instead of the pink one. That would be a good selling point.

It's the bright red one :(

Hey guys, just2good uploaded an amazing review of Black Panther Pursuit! Go check it out!

Did he? I sure will! Thanks! :sweet:

Thanks for the review! I love that jet - it is going to be a tough week of resisting the Civil War sets long enough to get double points on 'em...

They even stuck a fire extinguisher in the Panther Jet. :laugh:

On the polybag, you would figure that after using that same figure so much they would finally print the head right this time.

'Nother day, 'nother Age of Ultron Captain America. :yuck: Well, atleast the bike looks OK.

But dang, j2g, I hadn't seen Black Panther's back-of-head printing, I love it!

Thanks for the review! I love that jet - it is going to be a tough week of resisting the Civil War sets long enough to get double points on 'em...

You said it, man. :wink:

Went to Target early morning and finally got the two sets pulled straight from the back. The woman helping me up front was super helpful. She worked at a LEGO store back in Virginia (if i remember correctly) and I told her about several websites (bricklink and brickpicker) she could sell some sets she's been sitting one for probably 20+ years. But anyway if any is interested here's a galley of like 85 high quality pictures of the Airport Battle set for those who don't have the set or if you just wanna take a look :grin:http://imgur.com/gallery/0YriM/new

Edited by Neomars

Ok. After looking the character over for a few days, I have grown to love the black panther. I did swap the legs out with Zod though so that may have helped.

I got 76050 today for Falcon admittedly thinking I wouldn't care for the jeep, but surprisingly I love the jeep and could care less about Mr. Massive Jetpack over there. The color scheme caught me by surprise I did not anticipate the burnt orange. It looks great on display. Although theres a lot of stickers, they are for scratch marks on the jeep which is great because my shaky hands can't put those things on for crap :laugh:

After looking at the Airport set I have my reservations because I already own the two prior jets. Any advice anyone could give on the matter that may push my opinion?

Here is a bit of fuel to add to the 4th Civil War set rumor fires:

Brickset announced that this month is "Super Heroes Theme Month" thanks to "Support from the LEGO ARP team"

From the announcement (emphasis mine)"

Given the present abundance of Super Heroes sets and films we have decided that this month will be themed around Super Heroes!

These articles will include:

• Reviews of all the new Super Heroes sets.
  • An interview with a LEGO Super Heroes set designer who worked on the Captain America: Civil War sets.
  • Reviews of some rare and historic Super Heroes sets.
  • An article looking at the history of Spider-Man in LEGO, in honour of his upcoming appearance in Captain America: Civil War.
  • A Super Heroes themed building contest.

There will be other surprises along the way so make sure to keep an eye on the homepage.

So why would we be celebrating Spidey's brief cameo in the Civil War movie on a Lego website unless the two were somehow connected? And there are other surprises along the way in a very Civil War-oriented article (no mention of BvS for example), so I am guessing the 4th civil war set is among the surprises to be revealed. Correct me if I am wrong, but everything we know about the set so far (very little) comes from it being listed on Brickset in the first place, so what better place to reveal it than there?

I do hope so! I'd really like that Designer Video, always fun to see the designer's decisions.

Where are people getting this? I keep up with Marvel news quite a bit, and I've never seen anything to this effect. Marvel has controlled Spider-Man's merchandising rights since 2012, even though Sony was making competing Spider-Man films. That's why we've gotten Spider-Man Lego sets, up to and including the SDCC Figure and the Electro polybag.

I honestly think this is just a new marketing strategy for Marvel: "Some fans got annoyed that Age of Ultron and ASM2 put out 30 trailers and gave everything away. Let's not do that this time."

However, if there is a statement or leak that says Spider-Man's absence is contractual (and whether the contract is about advertising or merchandising), I'd be very interested to read it.

The Russos said the reason he's not in any trailers or such is because of ongoing negotiations with Sony. That probably impacts merchandise too, although in that regard it may be the case of not wanting to reveal his look through merchandise before they officially do.