Quicksilver

Marvel Superheroes 2016 Rumors And Discussion

It would be great to see a cartoony Iron Man. How exactly would they even do it?

Anyway, back on topic: very excited to see the Captain America polybag. Amazingbricks said a brick built motorcycle, which while cool will not be done too well in my opinion.

(RE: DC Robin's motorcycle polybag, Chima Worriz's bike, etc...)

But then again, if it is a molded bike, thats way too repetitive. I guess part selection will be the only thinks that would make the set worthwhile.

Amazingbricks was purely speculating on content.

I love all of the different MCU easter eggs in the airport set (both on the briefcases and boxes). And that play feature with micro Ant-Man is really clever! I think the control tower and Giant Man are some of the best set components we've ever gotten from the Marvel line. I can't say the same for the Quinjet though, which is a shame since I think it's only really there to boost up the price.

I love all of the different MCU easter eggs in the airport set (both on the briefcases and boxes). And that play feature with micro Ant-Man is really clever! I think the control tower and Giant Man are some of the best set components we've ever gotten from the Marvel line. I can't say the same for the Quinjet though, which is a shame since I think it's only really there to boost up the price.

I agree about the quinjet. I suppose they needed an aircraft for the airport, but they could have used Black Panther's jet?

Do we know if Black Panther's jet appears in the movie in any form? It would add to the appeal of the set, but I haven't seen any evidence of it. I assume the quinjet is in the film, but I can't recall seeing it either.

Do we know if Black Panther's jet appears in the movie in any form? It would add to the appeal of the set, but I haven't seen any evidence of it. I assume the quinjet is in the film, but I can't recall seeing it either.

Honestly man, no clue. Given the attention to detail with Wakandan dialect on the ings, I'd say yes. However, we've only seen one trailer and one TV spot, neither of which featured the Quinjet/ Crossbones scene/ Black Panther Jet. I doubt it, but as far as we know the whole wave could be a "based on." (Looking at you, Iron Man 3) I think they'll be in the film, but there's no clue towards resemblance right now.

For those that wanted know, I found the Venom Poly bag in the Lego isle, at Fred Meyer in Port Orchard, Washington State.

Hey guys, this is the first part of the review with figures. Part 2 will be tomorrow. Does anyone want me to make a Eurobricks review? I've taken pictures but I've never actually done a review.

Hey guys, I realize this was almost certainly a given, but the Quinjet is absolutely in the film:

bwH7cIrm.jpg

Also, I think this makes it clear that leaving Scarlet Witch's legs unprinted was the right choice:

E8TSYkem.jpg

Does anybody know if the Venom polybag will be available at any point in Europe (specifically the UK/Ireland)? It looks great and I'd love to play around with that. :classic:

I was about to mention that about SW's legs. Yeah, I can forgive Lego for not printing that. But almost everything else is a crime - BP, WS, Crossobones, Cap?! He's the brickin' titular character! You would think he'd get the best treatment. Nope. Instead, he gets a reused AOU torso (and he has a new torso in Civil War - seriously, they could update Iron Man but not Cap), and no leg printing. Ugh.

One thing that I really think the designers did well for SW was her magic plates. Not only did they give her the disks, but actually attached the disks to studs. If the disks are just attacked to SW, they fall off really easily, but with the studs, it actually is a lot sturdier and harder to fall off

Mighty Micros Iron Man would be a great excuse to make a classic red and yellow Iron Man. Thor and Loki seems like a pretty likely set, maybe Iron Man and the Mandarin, and perhaps Wolverine and Magneto.

Edited by Numbuh1Nerd

Mighty Micros Iron Man would be a great excuse to make a classic red and yellow Iron Man. Thor and Loki seems like a pretty likely set, maybe Iron Man and the Mandarin, and perhaps Wolverine and Magneto.

Deadpool vs Wolverine :wub:

I was about to mention that about SW's legs. Yeah, I can forgive Lego for not printing that. But almost everything else is a crime - BP, WS, Crossobones, Cap?! He's the brickin' titular character! You would think he'd get the best treatment. Nope. Instead, he gets a reused AOU torso (and he has a new torso in Civil War - seriously, they could update Iron Man but not Cap), and no leg printing. Ugh.

It's Lego being cheap. Look at the effort they make in their own properties, where they have to fight for attention.

I'm surprised you guys are arguing more about Winter Soldier getting no leg printing as apposed to the rehase head piece

The guy said they had Crossbones in the back when I went to Target yesterday, and went to go pull it, but he didn't come back after half an hour and I had other places to be so I left. Probably just forgot what he went back there for. :laugh: I'm going to try again today. Brickseek says all the Targets in my area have Crossbones and the Airport, but no Black Panther. :hmpf_bad:

Alright guys, to spice things up, I'm going to say all the things I'm grateful Lego gave us this wave:

• Black Widow in a cheap set. Personally, I already own her, but for so many kids who only get small sets, this is a major windfall.
  • MCU Falcon. Falcon went 3 films in the MCU without getting a figure, so I'm happy that he's finally been made. He has an accurate looking wing-piece that required a new mold, so props to Lego for the effort.
  • Crossbones. He has a more comics based design, which for a minor villain gives him more longevity (he'll still be recognizable in 10 years, while someone like Yellowjacket won't).
  • Winter Soldier has a new print and isn't a complete re-use of the polybag, and is therefore more accurate to this film.
  • Cap has both a new faceprint and a new color of the Superman hair; I may not think the piece fits, but it's a completely new piece that we can use for whoever we want.
  • Scarlet Witch uses a new piece for her skirt, and I typically prefer pieces to prints. She also has a more "costume-y" torso print this time around, which is nice for fans of her comics appearance. She also got the correct hairpiece this time around.
  • Iron Man has a cool new design, and his Arc reactor has a multi-tone pattern, making it more accurate than pure white (Mk 7) or pure blue (Heartbreaker).
  • War Machine uses black plastic, which provides us a choice between two very different looks for him.
  • Agent 13 is another female character, and Lego has historically shunned the female characters.
  • None of the women got the typical Elsa Schneider/Supergirl/Gamora hair or the similarly overused ponytail hair.
  • Giant-Man looks fantastic. Lego's had a spotty record with brick built humanoids, with the sentinel, Groot, and others. Their design here is spot on, and looks just like a giant minifigure.
  • Getting the micro-figure Ant-Man is great, especially because it's something Lego could have left out.
  • Lego including an extra Ant-Man is also really nice, as it should help keep the price down.
  • The Airport is both a great set for children who want a variety of Marvel heroes, and a great figure update for AFOLs.
  • Releasing the City Airline wave this year could help those who want to make a display of that scene.
  • No terrible re-uses of parts. Hear me out: if we didn't have Star-Lord, Supergirl, Leia, or Cyborg, these prints would fit the characters they're used on. Not so for Hank Pym, where Lego thought he had giant eyebrow prosthetics and was clean shaven.
  • Decent price:parts ratios, especially when compared with some of the Force Awakens or recent City lines.

I agree with everything except the face prints. Cyborg, Leia and Supergirls faces are fine, but I really don't think Star Lords face fits Winter Soldier at all, even if it weren't based off of Chris Pratt. It's that smirk... :sceptic:

I do agree though. For a line that's marketed to kids, it does have quite a lot to satisfy the average AFOL. :thumbup:

Edited by K-Nut

I agree with everything except the face prints. Cyborg, Leia and Supergirls faces are fine, but I really don't think Star Lords face fits Winter Soldier at all, even if it weren't based off of Chris Pratt. It's that smirk... :sceptic:

Hi. I'm Bucky. I've been mind controlled by terrorists, I've killed countless people and I've beaten up my best friend from 1943. And now I'm being hunted down by the military, 2 men in robot armours, an incredibly skilled African warrior and God made into a phantom android, whilst my best friend may end up dying by the end of the film because of the comic story line (that's not spoilers as the comic came out in 2006 and its not confirmed for the film) but I can still smile like a kid taken from Earth in the 80s or a man hunting dinosaurs with dinosaurs

I agree with everything! It's nice to finally see someone adress the lightpoints, I mean i don't really like the Crossbones set! But i do like the Falcon minifig, so what do i do?

Nothing that's what. :grin: Or i'll probably BL him.