Quicksilver

Marvel Superheroes 2016 Rumors And Discussion

Usually, Marvel takes a backseat to DC for me, but Brickset has got me incredibly hyped for this wave. Every set sounds appealing. I wasn't expecting a new piece for Ghost Rider, and a more menacing Goblin is definitely good news. And Hobgoblin sounds like he could be a fantastic minifigure, as I already love the design of the character,

Am i the only one who loves the fact that the Dr Strange set is larger than we innitiatly tought?

I'm just loving the fact that its the Sanctum. If like rumoured Wong is in the set, that means that only one other could appear; Mordo? Dormammu? Maybe they kept a secret slot that nobody knows of. But if there are 3 figures, Wong being one of them, then 2/3 figures are played by an actor by the name Benedict :'D

Gotta love the formation of the Sinister Six (and counting) :grin:

Ghost Rider's bike sounds a little too big for my liking, but the figures are phenomenal

Also, he mentions a pavement part, seems like something from Karai's Bike Escape... with Bleecker and another street! I love it already. :drool:

I don't really believe the hype on the Bridge set. I mean these were the same guys hyping up the Rhino mech from last year... *huh*

I do want to see two sets combined to make one big bridge though.

A description of the minifigures:

Spiderman: same as always

Green Goblin: same as in the Juniors set but with a new face print

Doc Ock: same as in Doc Ock's Truck Heist

Captain Stacy: he's the twelfth doctor's hair

Vulture: Falcon's wings in white, flesh head

Ghost Rider: new flame head piece, looks more detailed than the one from UA

Hobgoblin: flame-yellowish hood, cape (ragged)

Wong: two fans

EDIT: edited some things :-)

Edited by Winter Soldier

And so my Juniors set acquisition was not a failure! :excited:

Of all the new summer sets I'm eager to see the Bridge Battle. Too bad I won't be able to display it in my glass cabinet. Maybe this will replace the Quinjet for my Marvel minifigure display. I really need to pick up that Carnage set + bricklink Sandman...

Wow, other than replacing the quinjet, everything you said went through my mind also. My display shelf has a maximum height of 13.5 inches but the bridge is at 15 :/

A description of the minifigures:

Spiderman: same as always

Doc Ock: same as in Doc Ock's Truck Heist

Captain Stacy: he's the twelfth doctor's hair

Vulture: Falcon's wings in white, flesh head

Ghost Rider: new flame head piece, looks more detailed than the on from UA

Hobgoblin: flame-yellowish hood, detailed cape printing

Wong: two fans

Hobgoblin's cape isn't printed. It's the ragged cape from the Chima sets.

And so my Juniors set acquisition was not a failure! :excited:

Haha that went through my mind also. Looking forward to seeing the new face printing which apparently makes him more menacing. Although I do really like his sad face on the Juniors one!

Wow. I regret buying the Doc Ock Truck Heist Set Now.

This year we are or already have gotten 22 new characters

Thanos

Captain Marvel

Hyperion

Iron Skull

Crossbones

Black Panther

Agent 13

Giant Man

Micro Ant Man

Ghost Rider

Hobo Goblin

Captain Stacey

Vulture

White Tiger

Spider Girl

Scarlet Spider

Aunt May (Although we got her back in 04)

Kraven

Scorpion

Doc Strange

Unidentified Doctor Strange Character One

Unidentified Doctor Strange Character Two

Hmm, the Hun Warrior's and Specter's cape would look good in or a yellow-orangish color for Hobgoblin.

The 'dark red tentacle monster with new 1x1 printed studs -> narrow cat eyes' is probably going to be:

Shuma-Gorath: http://media.eventhubs.com/images/2011/10/28_gorath02.jpg

Mephisto: http://www.marvunapp.com/Appendix4/mephisto_demon019.jpg

King Of Tears: http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/scale_super/5/56904/1202239-1103959_king_of_tears_large.jpg

So he has rugged cape like Jestros but in flame orange color? I'm cool with Hobgoblin having this type of cape since in some iterations his cape kinda looks like it's torn( still regular cape in orange would have been fine too, but since it's rugged it means it's old style cape instead of new softer cape from 2015). Also does anyone knows if Hobgoblin or Green Goblin in Bridge Battle set has a printed pumpkin bombs in their respective sets? Edited by benderisgreat

The 'dark red tentacle monster with new 1x1 printed studs -> narrow cat eyes' is probably going to be:

Shuma-Gorath: http://media.eventhubs.com/images/2011/10/28_gorath02.jpg

Mephisto: http://www.marvunapp.com/Appendix4/mephisto_demon019.jpg

King Of Tears: http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/scale_super/5/56904/1202239-1103959_king_of_tears_large.jpg

My moneys on Shuma. He sounds just right for the set

My moneys on Shuma. He sounds just right for the set

Might be him, but quit possibly it's one of Dormammu's monsters/minions. This set sounds much better than Ant-Man set from last year, though! This set might just be a great display set, and it's a rarity in Superhero line. Can't wait to see pictures of it!

So he has rugged cape like Jestros but in flame orange color? I'm cool with Hobgoblin having this type of cape since in some iterations his cape kinda looks like it's torn( still regular cape in orange would have been fine too, but since it's rugged it means it's old style cape instead of new softer cape from 2015). Also does anyone knows if Hobgoblin or Green Goblin in Bridge Battle set has a printed pumpkin bombs in their respective sets?

Unless a character has a closed-cockpit vehicle to sit in, they'll still have the stiff cape. Interesting, though. Isn't this our first orange cape?

Ghost Rider's new flame piece sounds like it'll just be a hairpiece, rather than cover the whole head. They compared it to Inferno's hairpiece from the original Agents sets, but apparently it has a lot more detail...? Hopefully it's just a hard plastic piece in trans orange and not rubber my or solid-colored.

Unless a character has a closed-cockpit vehicle to sit in, they'll still have the stiff cape. Interesting, though. Isn't this our first orange cape?

Then why both Thor and Superman have new style of capes since both of these characters don't need vehicles to travel? In my opinion it's probably matter of manufacturing costs for capes: the new ones use cheaper materials so Lego slowly started using them more and more.

Ghost Rider's new flame piece sounds like it'll just be a hairpiece, rather than cover the whole head. They compared it to Inferno's hairpiece from the original Agents sets, but apparently it has a lot more detail...? Hopefully it's just a hard plastic piece in trans orange and not rubber my or solid-colored.

They called it a 'hairpiece', so I wouldn't count on a similar piece from UA. :sceptic:

I used DOCTOR Infernos hair for my custom GR, cos I bought an Agents set off EBay, but it kinda lost all the orange strips