Quicksilver

Marvel Superheroes 2016 Rumors And Discussion

Thanks again to Luiggi over on Flickr we have our first look at some of the upcoming Mighty Micro Minifigures:

But now, first, let us all remember the good words of Thumper: If you can't say somethin' nice, don't say nothin' at all!

23476859580_5a83a20ea0.jpg

23690093531_cc1b0f3aef.jpg

23772486255_080451ff5e.jpg

And with that, I ain't gonna say nothing. :blush:

I'm just gonna say my very first impression was those faces seem to come from the old Dragonball series I used to watch as a kid.

I'm sure the younger public will love them.

Spidey´s head = AWESOME!!!

Yup, I'm sure the alternate Spidey face will come in handy to various Stop Motion animators.

I bet most AFOLs are going to hate those, but I actually like them. I don't use this term a lot for LEGO, but I think they're sort of cute. :tongue: At the very least, their cartoony heads makes it easier for me to accept their short legs.

Well...uh....yeah...I think this is more disappointing than when we found out they had short legs. Can't wait to see what ultrons face is though

It's like they're kids in cosplay. Could almost work as an ongoing goofy series that might help the younger crowd get into Lego with alternative versions of popular characters. Spidey particularly works because he doesn't have a mouth.

I sort of love these. The cheesy anime-style expressions are hilarious and work well for the chibi style of the sets. Remember, these are not part of the main sets, and you don't have to buy them. Also, Spidey's face is great as it can be used for a skeptical face on the full-size figure.

Glad to see I'm not the only one who loves these. I didn't have much interest in the racers at first but might pick them up now for the novelty of these figures. They look awesome!

So when I was told they'd have wacky faces, it's true! I love them!

The simple torso designs are a nice surprise too.

Edited by CM4Sci

I love all of Hulk. His aesthetic really clicks.

Spidey's face is great - replicates some of the comics/animated shows well. His torso design isn't doing it for me, and I can't exactly put my finger on why not. Perhaps the blue sections are just too large.

Goblin is cute but I don't love the face. Again, I don't know why, just doesn't seem perfect.

Hulk is not good.... except for the hair that is. If I do get his set it would for a cheap way of getting that hair. I would then proceed to giving that hair to the new 2015 AoU Polybag figure. A necessary sacrifice. :grin:

Spider-Man's head is great. Reminds me of the USM Cartoon and the Maximum Overload Lego videos. The torso has too much blue and makes Spidey look like he's wearing a chunky swater-vest. (May be a good figure for a Clone Saga MOC with him being the first, degenerated clone. Idk, just spitballing here, but I'm definitely using that idea.) :tongue:

Goblin is awful. Glad I bought the Juniors set. :sweet::thumbup:

Really can't wait to see Ultron. I'll probably buy the Spidey/Goblin set as that Spidey figure would be create for my Spiderverse collection. Really don't like Goblin or Hulk tho. I'll probably try to buy the other versions of them. Almost scared that Red Skull will suck, but I somehow reckon that Cap will be a good figure. Unless they mess up the eyes

Well...uh....yeah...I think this is more disappointing than when we found out they had short legs. Can't wait to see what ultrons face is though

I gotta agree with you on that one, I thought I was upset when I heard they wouldn't be normal figs, so the opportunity to get desired figures at a cheap price range was out the window, but these faces are kind of making me happy in a way... I feel like I'm not missing out on anything, haha is that bad?

Also has anyone noticed we haven't received a "normal" Green Goblin figure yet? First we got that horrendous big fig, then we got a cartoonified version for the Juniors, and now we have him with a cheesy face and short leg. It's crazy how we received him 3 times but not once have we gotten him in a normal set (Juniors and mighty micros are "themed" sets in my eyes, it's totally cool if you disagree, but to me, the juniors are aimed for, um.. Juniors, and the mighty micros do not include normal figures, sorry for the rant!)

I think the Juniors version is the normal, classic GG. Or at least as close as we're going to get. As for why he wasn't in the sets, I'd say it was a conflict with the USM show, even though classic Ock made it into the main sets...

Also has anyone noticed we haven't received a "normal" Green Goblin figure yet?

Yeah, why can't they just give us the one from the Lego Marvel game? That one looked so good.