Quicksilver

Marvel Superheroes 2016 Rumors And Discussion

Personally, I wish we didn't have any members posting information from "sources" (ergo leakers). Or the ramblings of uninformed Toys R Us employees for that matter. They cause nothing but rampant speculation and endless postings of questions like "what about the polybag?" when there's no indication, whatsoever, that we are getting such a set.

All that said, last time I checked this was the Lego Marvel 2016 Discussion thread--so let's focus on the sets shall we? :thumbup:

I don't think the mods have the time or interest in passing judgement on every rumor that comes along. It's up to the forum itself to use their best judgement on which rumors to discuss and follow. Really, there's maybe only four or five posters here with proven rumor track records who I would even consider listening to.

I don't think the mods have the time or interest in passing judgement on every rumor that comes along. It's up to the forum itself to use their best judgement on which rumors to discuss and follow. Really, there's maybe only four or five posters here with proven rumor track records who I would even consider listening to.

I agree with you but the mods do come in and set things right ... after the forum has lost its mind discussing the dubious rumors. Why not nip it in the bud? Warn posters of rumors that they need to give some info about where they got their info or it will be deleted?

Because in most cases, sources have to remain anonymous. It's not as though any of us can just ask the known posters here who have good data where they get it from.

:facepalm:

I don't know what to say. Clearly people don't seem to grasp the difference between on-topic and off-topic discussions. Or more likely they just choose to ignore me completely. SO I'm just going to hide away all the off-topic garbage that people keep dumping here. If you want your posts to show up in the Licensed forum, you better damn well be sure they're on topic.

We'll see how many people read that I suppose.

How quickly do you think the store exclusive sets are going to sell out? I want to wait before I buy them but I also don't want to miss out on them. I remember the Ant-Man set had a pretty limited run (I got it in time) and I don't want to miss these. I'm thinking double points in October?

How quickly do you think the store exclusive sets are going to sell out? I want to wait before I buy them but I also don't want to miss out on them. I remember the Ant-Man set had a pretty limited run (I got it in time) and I don't want to miss these. I'm thinking double points in October?

I see tons of sanctum Santorum sets at my target. I thought it would sell much better, but it looks like it's not. I barely see the tanker truck at my toysrus, so it seems like that is selling well. Sanctum Santorum is out of stock at Shop@home, so i would check your target. It really just depends if you want to get it now or not. I would recommend getting it as soon as possible.

Edited by amazingbricks

I actually just got the Sanctum Santorum a couple days ago - cool set with neat minifigs. I love the spinning tentacles. :sweet:

Still need to get Tanker Truck and the Bridge.. I've determined I want the bridge now!

However many Sanctum Sanctorums you're seeing now, I would expect to see only a fraction of that as we get nearer to the movie's release, and even less afterward.

Pretty soon, Marvel is going to start pushing this movie and it'll only get rarer.

I wouldn't wait too long if I were you.

^Pure logic. When a set gets released prior to the movie release, the sets likely won't sell as well. So once the movie premieres, they will be more sought after. (That is, if the movie it self is worthwhile). I bought the set anyway for new figures, but I have no desire to see the movie. (same with Ant-Man.)

So I agree, don't wait too long.

I actually just got the Sanctum Santorum a couple days ago - cool set with neat minifigs. I love the spinning tentacles. :sweet:

Still need to get Tanker Truck and the Bridge.. I've determined I want the bridge now!

I've been waiting until my birthday to open my final Marvel set, which happens to be the bridge. Figured the wait would make it even more worthwhile. Well, that day is tomorrow, and it's getting hard to look at the box in my closet. I will let you all know my thoughts when it is completed tomorrow afternoon! :grin:

The Bridge Battle will last a long time on shelves- it's harder to sell large sets, so even though it will be sold out at some places, somewhere will still have it at retail price in 6 months, probably even a year (though then it will be off Amazon, and that may require some serious hunting), and it's likely that at some point between now and then, there'll be a sale at the same time you have the funds for it.

The smaller two movie based sets... it's tough to say. We don't know how many runs Lego has printed/will still print of the sets, versus how much demand there will be. Most licensed sets are still available for a while, but then you have the Jurassic World and Ant-Man situations, where the sets sold out after the movies' releases. I'd say both are probably safe at least until mid-October, in advance of the Doctor Strange release. Frankly, though, the Doctor Strange set is worth it at full price, even apart from the intellectual property. The figures are excellent —though I personally changed Strange's hairpiece for the Superman one—, and the build is great: the diorama is aesthetically pleasing and the mechanism is mesmerizing and fun. So if budget allows, I recommend getting the Strange set sooner rather than waiting for a sale. You'll kick yourself if you either lose the chance to get it or shell out the big bucks on the secondary market. The Tanker Truck... I would recommend waiting. The set is unlikely to accrue serious value any time soon, as every character has appeared before and is likely to appear again in the future, and the tanker itself is not accurate nor iconic, nor are the play features particularly entertaining for adults. I got it, and it's underwhelming enough that I wish I'd waited for a sale.

Basically, get Strange, wait on the other two until sales or budget allow.

This week, coinciding with the DVD release of Caprain America: Civil War, ToysRU stores (at least in the US) have all Lego Marvel Super Heroes sets at 20% off "their" MSRP.

Edited by Aegis2000

8 minutes ago, Kman860 said:

I haven't read this in a while, but was there any news of a 2016 polybag?

I was told by an employee that we would get one, but it doesn't seem like it. So, no polybag for now.

Turns out the Doctor Strange set is quite accurate, from someone that watched the movie, especially in regards to the Ancient One

Maybe this should be in spoiler tags, since the film isn't out everywhere, BUT, are you saying the Ancient One appears dressed like that in the film? That's....strange.  *PUN!*

If you want to take this as a spoiler then *SPOILER*.

The ancient one is partially accurate to the film with the yellow and the purple pants (however shouldn't be as fully purple as it is). The set is very accurate with the books and small details however there was no squid like creature in it as far as I could tell however it is still nice and could be apart of deleted scenes.

Edited by BS2015
Typo

On 28/10/2016 at 2:52 PM, rob-ot5000 said:

Maybe this should be in spoiler tags, since the film isn't out everywhere, BUT, are you saying the Ancient One appears dressed like that in the film? That's....strange.  *PUN!*

Not only the way she dresses, but she also uses fans to fight. Basically other than the squid thing, the set is quite accurate.

4 hours ago, IMBATMAN said:

Hide contents

Not only the way she dresses, but she also uses fans to fight. Basically other than the squid thing, the set is quite accurate.

Ahh, very interesting. Still don't like the purple pants, but what the hey. Very much looking forward to this movie!

4 hours ago, rob-ot5000 said:

Ahh, very interesting. Still don't like the purple pants, but what the hey. Very much looking forward to this movie!

Well it does look cool...

I've just watched doctor strange for the 2nd time but this time in 3D and wow it was really good! Everything you could ever wanted. And the set reflects this quite well