Quicksilver

Marvel Superheroes 2016 Rumors And Discussion

I have to say, the rollout for the new August sets is nothing short of asinine. I live in a large metropolitan area, and only one of the "exclusive" stores is carrying either of their respective sets. I'm insanely disappointed in how this has been handled.

First of all, 76060 is back in stock online.

Second, I read on The Brick Fan that this weekend, Aug. 5-7, Lego may be offering Double VIP points. It'd be a great chance to buy any of the Marvel sets you haven't yet bought, and get the London Bus offer. I personally have yet to get The Tentacle Trap, Bridge Battle, and Tanker Truck Takedown (So...many...alliterations!). Can anyone confirm or deny this offer's existence?

First of all, 76060 is back in stock online.

Second, I read on The Brick Fan that this weekend, Aug. 5-7, Lego may be offering Double VIP points. It'd be a great chance to buy any of the Marvel sets you haven't yet bought, and get the London Bus offer. I personally have yet to get The Tentacle Trap, Bridge Battle, and Tanker Truck Takedown (So...many...alliterations!). Can anyone confirm or deny this offer's existence?

I called my store and they said "that's the rumor going around, call back early Friday to see." and a lot of people seem to be hearing it is so probably!

I called my store and they said "that's the rumor going around, call back early Friday to see." and a lot of people seem to be hearing it is so probably!

Sweet, thanks a bunch! I know where my *gulp* next $170 is going...

No sign of double VIP points yet

Really? I ordered the Bridge Battle for 199 VIP Points and a London Bus, and then the Sanctum Sanctorum, Tanker Truck Takedown, and Tentacle Trap for 199 VIP Points and a London Bus. Is it possible this offer is US only?

Here it is: http://www.thebrickfan.com/lego-double-vip-points-event-confirmed-for-this-weekend/

The offer is technically from tomorrow through Tuesday, but Double Points can be received on the online shop right now (in my case).

Really? I ordered the Bridge Battle for 199 VIP Points and a London Bus, and then the Sanctum Sanctorum, Tanker Truck Takedown, and Tentacle Trap for 199 VIP Points and a London Bus. Is it possible this offer is US only?

Here it is: http://www.thebrickf...r-this-weekend/

The offer is technically from tomorrow through Tuesday, but Double Points can be received on the online shop right now (in my case).

Yeah seen the article alright but there's nothing there when I add sets to my cart and the promo is a city race thing. It must be regional

Yep it's not UK from what I can see either - we've got the little city race thing mentioned above and I believe they are only offering double VIP points on 2 sets :( would have ordered something if it was double!

The double points wasn't even announced on the promotions section of the VIP area- you just see double points on everything when you click on it. If I had known about this, I would've waited for some of the sets! Too late now. Super excited because the Sanctorum and Tanker Truck are coming today and will be here soon! Probably going to build the Tanker first because I like the Doctor Strange set build better.

The double points wasn't even announced on the promotions section of the VIP area- you just see double points on everything when you click on it. If I had known about this, I would've waited for some of the sets! Too late now. Super excited because the Sanctorum and Tanker Truck are coming today and will be here soon! Probably going to build the Tanker first because I like the Doctor Strange set build better.

Yes, the problem is not only to decide when to open which, but where to put it afterwards!

The sets are awesome! Love the Doctor Strange one and the figures are simply amazing. Vision and Spider-Man and Hawkeye from the truck are great! Definitely my favorite Hawkeye, and I don't hate his sleeveless arm and new Cap face as much as I did in the pictures. The Doctor Strange set is also much better looking than I gathered from the pictures!

The sets are awesome! Love the Doctor Strange one and the figures are simply amazing. Vision and Spider-Man and Hawkeye from the truck are great! Definitely my favorite Hawkeye, and I don't hate his sleeveless arm and new Cap face as much as I did in the pictures. The Doctor Strange set is also much better looking than I gathered from the pictures!

I switched out Hawkeye's head for an older one right off the bat; I used that head for another helmetless Cap.

And I completely agree about Doc Strange; that was a legit fun set to build.

Sorry for the phone-quality, but I remembered that Kraven uses the hairpiece everyone wanted to see on Strange, so here you go. :classic:

th_20160806_123831_zpsicdisgzo.jpg

I like the new Cap face on Hawkeye. I can't explain it, but it seems to fit the character better. And I'm just happy he finally has a smiling face without his glasses!

I actually prefer the Superman hair on Doctor Strange. Someone on here (I can't remember who) had suggested it and I'm really digging it.

That is EXACTLY what I was looking for. Thank you!

Edited by Butterfingers27

That is EXACTLY what I was looking for. Thank you!

That looks fantastic! Ack - I would've done that too if I'd know, but I thought people wanted to see the new hair. My bad. :tongue:

That looks fantastic! Ack - I would've done that too if I'd know, but I thought people wanted to see the new hair. My bad. :tongue:

No worries; that picture you posted works as a more comic-accurate Strange in his current run.

Here's a couple of reference pictures from the movie RE: that old Superman hair and how it works for Doctor Strange.

http://www.cheatsheet.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/04/doctor-strange-pic-full.jpg

http://mcuexchange.com/thesite/wp-content/uploads/2016/04/Doctor-Strange-2.jpg

Just need the sides of it to have some gray highlights.

No worries; that picture you posted works as a more comic-accurate Strange in his current run.

Here's a couple of reference pictures from the movie RE: that old Superman hair and how it works for Doctor Strange.

http://www.cheatshee...ge-pic-full.jpg

http://mcuexchange.c...r-Strange-2.jpg

Just need the sides of it to have some gray highlights.

Maybe trim down the end of the flick too :classic:

I just got the Doctor Strange set from my sister who works at Target and knew I wanted it(best sister ever!) What a fantastic set, the minifigs are incredible and the set itself is very satisfying and looks great on display. The "portal beast" function is actually pretty satisfying though the floating sticks don't have the range of motion I was hoping for so they really only go up and down and the inability to keep them up in the air makes them far less useful. I might swap the pin set up with a 1x1 with stud on the side to provide some friction.

I must say, that Superman hair looks much better than I would have thought, I'd still prefer the BvS Superman hair on him though.

Quick question: are the Doctor Strange and Tanker Trucker Takedown sets the last Marvel sets of the year (2016)?

There's still a polybag left, but yes they are

There's still a polybag left, but yes they are

Thanks, ah yes, the polybag, I wonder when we will hear about that one...

Thanks, ah yes, the polybag, I wonder when we will hear about that one...

Personally, I expect the polybag to be Kaecilius and be released around November to coincide with the Doctor Strange movie.