Quicksilver

Marvel Superheroes 2016 Rumors And Discussion

Maybe a modified head mold similar to Chewbacca's?

Edit: 9,000th reply to this topic... :wink:

Edited by Sir Gareth

I wish TLG would use the Woody height for more characters like this. I don't understand why they haven't touched it since Toy Story.

The thing is, the height of the figure you are talking about is perfect, but the Head / Body ratio is just... kinda weird? Maybe a new molded upper body with larger legs and then the head you are talking about could work?

Actually yeah! Good idea!

Maybe a modified head mold similar to Chewbacca's?

He had more or less the same for his brick-built appearance, with the head connected to the torso; given that I think it'd work great.

Edited by Aegis2000

Am I the only one that just isn't a fan of the brick built offerings: Sentinel, Groot, even Giant Man? I'd much prefer a Woody type of traditional minifig for the larger / longer figs or where Big Figs don't make sense.

Am I the only one that just isn't a fan of the brick built offerings: Sentinel, Groot, even Giant Man? I'd much prefer a Woody-type of traditional minifig for the larger/longer figs, or where Big-figs don't make sense.

You're not alone.

Edited by Sir Gareth

Am I the only one that just isn't a fan of the brick built offerings: Sentinel, Groot, even Giant Man? I'd much prefer a Woody type of traditional minifig for the larger / longer figs or where Big Figs don't make sense.

I get your point of view on Sentinel and Groot, as their designs are incredibly subjective, but for a character like Giant-Man? I don't see how there would be any other way to make him into Lego. Unless they made something completely new, but as others have said before me, that would stem to far away from the Lego formula and would look/feel more alike Mega Bloks or Minimates. In terms of how they always make brand new sculpted molds for bigger figures.

So if say the Sentinel were to get an update using the design of Giant-Man, it'd be perfect.

Edited by TheAmazingDarkKnight

How do you not like the build for giant man.....? Having him as a fig with long legs would look horrendous because his legs aren't the only thing that grow...

How do you not like the build for giant man.....? Having him as a fig with long legs would look horrendous because his legs aren't the only thing that grow...

I think its a decent build, def. the best out of the brick builds. But I still would have preferred a Woody long arm / long legged minifigure version of him.

I think its a decent build, def. the best out of the brick builds. But I still would have preferred a Woody long arm / long legged minifigure version of him.

Then he wouldn't be movie accurate. He would only be 'Slightly Larger Than Average Man'

In the film, be is able to grab War Machine in his hand. And we can do that with the brick built

Then he wouldn't be movie accurate. He would only be 'Slightly Larger Than Average Man'

In the film, be is able to grab War Machine in his hand. And we can do that with the brick built

Completely agree. Although, 'Slightly Larger Than Average Man' does have a nice ring to it :grin:

But why? Giant-Man is Ant-Man grown to several times his size. He isn't just taller, so that minifigure would look terrible. The Giant-Man we got is already small in proportion to the size of him seen in Civil War.

The Groot / Rocket thing is gonna be something :grin: , While we can resolve around Groot, How would a smaller Rocket work? Gollum mold type?

Concerning the Groot debate, I have a bit of evidence here in my favor that might be classified as spoiler-y, but it's from James Gunn's own Twitter, the last storyboard of the movie.

The Groot / Rocket thing is gonna be something :grin: , While we can resolve around Groot, How would a smaller Rocket work? Gollum mold type?

I doubt we'll see any sort of resolution for Rocket, but boy oh boy do we need one. I'm gonna say he'd need a whole new mold, maybe something like the Maggie Simpson one in concept, with the same old arms and hands but a brand new sort of torso, except with the head as part of the mold. Even if we don't get a change in size, I'd really like to see them make a new head with more personality to it. The one we have now is just too bland.

Concerning the Groot debate, I have a bit of evidence here in my favor that might be classified as spoiler-y, but it's from James Gunn's own Twitter, the last storyboard of the movie. https://twitter.com/...f_src=twsrc^tfw

I doubt we'll see any sort of resolution for Rocket, but boy oh boy do we need one. I'm gonna say he'd need a whole new mold, maybe something like the Maggie Simpson one in concept, with the same old arms and hands but a brand new sort of torso, except with the head as part of the mold. Even if we don't get a change in size, I'd really like to see them make a new head with more personality to it. The one we have now is just too bland.

Groot will not stay Baby during the movie,

I'm sorry but all those custom and knockoff groots look so derpy I prefer the brick build even if it is a tad over sized it's more possible, more lego like and has accurateish proportions.

Concerning the Groot debate, I have a bit of evidence here in my favor that might be classified as spoiler-y, but it's from James Gunn's own Twitter, the last storyboard of the movie. https://twitter.com/...f_src=twsrc^tfw

He said that was the last thing they shot, not the last storyboard of the movie. Movie scenes are rarely filmed in chronological order.

I was thinking... are the 2 sets (strange and cw spiderman) the only marvel sets coming for the rest of the year?

I was thinking... are the 2 sets (strange and cw spiderman) the only marvel sets coming for the rest of the year?

Those are the only 2 box sets I believe, but there will also be a new polybag.

Really cool to see the whole Ultimate Spider-Man team in one picture... :drool::thumbup:

(Courtesy of Yong-kwan Lim on Flickr)

LEGO TEAM SPIDER-MAN

Only took Lego 4 years. :wacko:

Whole team looks amazing! I definitely think that the wait for White Tiger was worth it now that she has the Black Panther headpiece rather than some Batman or Catwoman headpiece. :thumbup:

They do look great together. Some things I wish they would've changed are nova's helmet being gold, iron fist having a bandana piece, and powerman having hair. Minor stuff, but glad we have them all now.

Edited by amazingbricks

They do look great together. Some things I wish they would've changed are nova's helmet being gold, iron fist having a bandana piece, and powerman having hair. Minor stuff, but glad we have them all now.

I would rather Nova have the proper Sam Alexander variant with the black helmet. Also maybe Power Man in his Web Warriors variant. Not a fan of Iron Fists newer suit, but wouldn't complain for a white one

But it's really nice to see the 5 of them together, especially seeing as they never are anymore in the show