Quicksilver

Marvel Superheroes 2016 Rumors And Discussion

On another note, I was somewhat surprised to find a stack of Ant-Man sets at a local shop, thought they were long gone!

Would you be able to say what local shop? An independent store or retail chain? US or another country?

This is a first world problem! :P

Would you be able to say what local shop? An independent store or retail chain? US or another country?

It was at ToysRUs in Norway. It's not listed online so best guess is that it was old stock in that particular store. Prices are a bit higher here, so in USD they were about $37.

I hope that's not Shumah Gorath...to many eyes and wrong colour. I.e. totally different design. I want him to be in the movie though, but love his original design so hope they stick at least somewhat closer to the comic books.

If it's a comic accurate set, I could see that. But, it's an MCU based set, which lends it to being Wong.

Or, they could have Hank Pym and the Mandarin's Fire Buggy show up.

Hank Pym (or Vision with Blue gem) is exactly what I was thinking. Concept art with traditional coloring leads to purple-panted bananasuit.

I hope that's not Shumah Gorath...to many eyes and wrong colour. I.e. totally different design. I want him to be in the movie though, but love his original design so hope they stick at least somewhat closer to the comic books.

It could just be a minion or generic flying evil creature. The other possibility is that (if it's shuma gorath) it was based on concept art and is different in the actual movie

There was a set photo of a bald person in a yellow outfit similar to the one on the minifig, and news outlets said it was Benedict Wong. So I think that is him.

Just got Ghost Rider/Hobgoblin set and it's awesome! Minifigures of both Hobgoblin and GR are highly detailed and true to their comic book versions, the builds are good, and even "filler " street corner doesn't look unnecessary , something that usually happens to side builds. New web piece for Spidey is very usefull, and trans clear holder is great addition to superhero line( Iron Man looks great with those! ). This year in particular Lego has been killing it in Marvel superheroes theme( shame same can't be said about DC) : Airport battle, Bridge battle, Ghost Rider. Hope they continue this trend in 2017 !

Edited by benderisgreat

and even "filler " street corner doesn't look unnecessary

Yeah, that street corner is great. Screams NY right away. :)

Now if only Marvel and Fox could bury the hatchet so we could get a Fantastic Four with their Fantasticar set and I'll be a happy camper.

As long as I'm dreaming, I would like that set to also include the Silver Surfer.

:(

I have zero idea if this can be counted as actual confirmation, but Stan Lee's website posted an article about the new Doctor Strange set and cited the figure as Wong, not the Ancient One.

I have zero idea if this can be counted as actual confirmation, but Stan Lee's website posted an article about the new Doctor Strange set and cited the figure as Wong, not the Ancient One.

I'd say it's the ancient one until an official reveal. The Stan Lee site has been known to be wrong in many circumstances, plus that is clearly a female minifigure and is in an outfit I just can't see Wong wearing... not like I could see the Ancient One wearing it either though.

It's all speculation at this point. I would say there is plenty of evidence that it could be either, and everyone is entitled to their own opinion until we find out half of us were wrong when we see the box art.

I'm slightly confused. Could anyone fill me in on who Wong is? Because I didn't spot him in the trailer and I feel like the Ancient One would be a much more likely contender for a minifigure in a set based on the movie.

I'm slightly confused. Could anyone fill me in on who Wong is? Because I didn't spot him in the trailer and I feel like the Ancient One would be a much more likely contender for a minifigure in a set based on the movie.

He's Strange's sidekick/valet.

I'd say it's the ancient one until an official reveal. The Stan Lee site has been known to be wrong in many circumstances, plus that is clearly a female minifigure and is in an outfit I just can't see Wong wearing... not like I could see the Ancient One wearing it either though.

My money's on Wong - the head looks like malfoys and I would say Wong makes sense to be in the Sanctum rather than the ancient one- I don't see how it clearly is female as could be costume details we are seeing

My money's on Wong - the head looks like malfoys and I would say Wong makes sense to be in the Sanctum rather than the ancient one- I don't see how it clearly is female as could be costume details we are seeing

http://shop.lego.com/en-US/Doctor-Strange-s-Sanctum-Sanctorum-76060?fromListing=listing

From Lego's website:

Team up and expel the portal beast from Doctor Strange's mysterious headquarters with some super-heroic supernatural action! Fend it off with Doctor Strange's mystical artifacts, and evade being captured by the portal beast's tentacles using the cape of levitation. Send in Karl Mordo to battle the beast with his quarterstaff, and help The Ancient One strike with the powerful magical fans at her fingertips!

• Includes 3 minifigures: Doctor Strange, Karl Mordo and The Ancient One.
  • Doctor Strange's Sanctum Sanctorum features a portal beast with rotating teeth, moving eyes and tentacles that can trap minifigures, shelves for mystical artifact accessories, levitation effect for 2 minifigures, and levitation function for Doctor Strange's cloak.
  • Weapons include Karl Mordo's quarterstaff and The Ancient One's magical fans with eldritch calligraphy.
  • Accessory elements include Doctor Strange's cloak of levitation and magical power elements with eldritch calligraphy markings.
  • This set offers an age-appropriate building experience for ages 7-14.
  • Sanctum Sanctorum measures over 4” (11cm) high, 12” (31cm) wide and 7” (18cm) deep

Edited by Legocity2713

http://shop.lego.com/en-US/Doctor-Strange-s-Sanctum-Sanctorum-76060?fromListing=listing

From Lego's website:

Team up and expel the portal beast from Doctor Strange's mysterious headquarters with some super-heroic supernatural action! Fend it off with Doctor Strange's mystical artifacts, and evade being captured by the portal beast's tentacles using the cape of levitation. Send in Karl Mordo to battle the beast with his quarterstaff, and help The Ancient One strike with the powerful magical fans at her fingertips!

• Includes 3 minifigures: Doctor Strange, Karl Mordo and The Ancient One.
  • Doctor Strange's Sanctum Sanctorum features a portal beast with rotating teeth, moving eyes and tentacles that can trap minifigures, shelves for mystical artifact accessories, levitation effect for 2 minifigures, and levitation function for Doctor Strange's cloak.
  • Weapons include Karl Mordo's quarterstaff and The Ancient One's magical fans with eldritch calligraphy.
  • Accessory elements include Doctor Strange's cloak of levitation and magical power elements with eldritch calligraphy markings.
  • This set offers an age-appropriate building experience for ages 7-14.
  • Sanctum Sanctorum measures over 4” (11cm) high, 12” (31cm) wide and 7” (18cm) deep

Cheers for clearing it up. The face looks massively like a women's face and I thought the character was confirmed as the ancient one on the front page a while back but everyone saying it was Wong threw me!

?!?! Out of nowhere, haha.

I hope that means official images are here soon.

Bought the Web Warriors Bridge Battle set for £90 as I wanted to get the Creator Fountain, and figured go big or go home and man I need to buy a second set to connect the two! This set is honestly awesome. The structural design and the amount of features packed in is insane! Everything from exploding features, to Kraven's hidden layer and a nice nod to Peter Parker in the form of a hidden camera! So much awesome attention to detail, and so many cool references in the stickers. The set itself is beautiful, creating a proud piece of LEGO architecture which wouldn't look out of place in a more sophisticated line. I loved the build experience and all the little surprises here and there, and considering I am not a fan of the show, I cannot praise this set enough! Kudos to LEGO - Marvel set design this year has been phenomenal in every way!

I thought that head looked feminine. The torso is impressively wrong, in that case, though. I won't be keeping that one in one piece for long.

Kinda bummed that we don't have our realio dealio villain in this set, though.

I am curious what this levitation effect for the doctor strange set is.

Pretty sure that's what that weird knob on the wall is supposed to be. Perhaps you place it between strange and his cape and he can go up and down or something..

Well if you play around with the links on Lego Shop's page, you can also find the description (but no pics) of the 4th civil war set. Turns out it is some sort of extension of 76051:

http://shop.lego.com/en-US/Tanker-Truck-Takedown-76067?fromListing=listing

Description:

Jump to the rescue and control the blaze with the Avengers and Spider-Man!

The airport battle continues between the divided Avengers. Pitch Captain America and Hawkeye against Spider-Man and Vision. Which duo will win as they battle it out around the exploding Roxxon tanker truck? Use the Super Jumper to fly into the air and put out the truck's flames, or explode the barrels to stop Captain America advancing. Help Spider-Man use his web blast to defend himself against Hawkeye speeding at him on his motorbike.

Includes 4 minifigures: Captain America, Spider-Man, Hawkeye and Vision.

Features a tanker truck with detachable container and exploding function, wind sock with exploding barrels function and Hawkeye's motorbike.

Twist the tanker truck's wheel cog to open the fuel container and create an explosion effect with flames bursting out.

Activate the Super Jumper to launch Spider-Man at the exploding fuel container, or hit the wind sock to trigger the exploding barrel effect.

Also includes Hawkeye's bow and arrow element.

Accessory elements include Captain America's shield, Spider-Man's web blast, Vision's cape, 2 flames, fire extinguisher and a Super Jumper.

This set offers an age-appropriate building experience for ages 6-12.

Combine with 76051 Super Hero Airport Battle to stage an even bigger encounter.

Tanker truck measures over 2” (7cm) high, 9” (25cm) long and 2” (7cm) wide.

Motorbike measures over 2” (6cm) long, 1” (3cm) high and under 1” (2cm) wide.

Wind sock measures over5” (14cm) high, 1” (3cm) wide and 1” (5cm) deep.

The new dimensions mission impossible pack has the black sleeved arms! Perfect for Hawkeye. Although, you'll have to spend $30 for arms... But UK fans who don't have superboy should be happy.