Quicksilver

Marvel Superheroes 2016 Rumors And Discussion

Tell me that's not yellow

The real question is whether they changed his eyes to blue or not!

Love the figs! Hawkeye's face is replacable so that's not much of a problem.

This set might be the first marvel set i'll buy

Is the shield in dark red?!

If you put the head of Hawkeye from the Age of Ultron sets on the body of this one you got a pretty sweet Matt Fraction David Aja Hawkeye from the comics. Now just need pizza dog.

I would totally buy that,even if it only included pizza dog and nothing else,first day buy!

Yo who else likes that they seem to be upping the amount of Hawkeye merchandise? The funko set they revealed is awesome.

I love it, since Quicksilver bit the dust, Hawkeye became more than my favourite Avenger for me, i read the Fraction run, i loved him in Age of Ultron, and i think i'm not going to be dissapointed with Civil War (Yes, i still need to see it! :grin: )

The gem might be yellow now, but the torso is as inaccurate as it always was..

The gem might be yellow now, but the torso is as inaccurate as it always was..

It might just be the photos, but it looks like he has a bit more black on his torso/legs

Love the figs! Hawkeye's face is replacable so that's not much of a problem.

This set might be the first marvel set i'll buy

Is the shield in dark red?!

What is wrong with Hawkeye's head? Did I miss something?

Another fantastic Marvel set! The Roxxon truck is actually pretty nice since Roxxon actually has been around in the comics for some time. The figures are obviously the highlight of the set though, Spider-Man is simply one of the best minifigures that Lego has made while Hawkeye is also terrific looking. These Marvel sets are gonna hurt my wallet quite badly this year...

What is wrong with Hawkeye's head? Did I miss something?

People are unhappy that Hawkeye reuses the unmasked Cap face.

Wow, I went all day without checking in here. The one day I don't, there's several pages worth of new comments, which means the fourth set must be revealed. :'D

Truth be told, I like the set but it hasn't sold me. It's cute, and it fits as an extension of the airport, with the tanker being a nod to the movie, but I'm pretty annoyed that there's yet another Cap minifig; I swear I've got like four of that one variant already by now. But WOW, Spidey and Hawkeye look fantastic. Exactly what I wanted.

I'm still tossing up whether or not I'll get this set. I'll probably end up just getting those two minifigs, and maybe Vision if I can be bothered. The change in the gem is nice, but I'll probably only get him if I can find him cheap. But the reused Cap pretty much turns me off. Had he been replaced with the new Ant-Man design, then yes, I'll absolutely get it, but I really don't want/need five of this incarnation of Cap. I can't get rid of the ones I already have.

I don't think it's a calling card of a certain designer... the guy who designed Super Hero Airport Battle has made, like, three sets, and it's the only one with a fire extinguisher. I think it's simply a running gag with the whole Marvel team.

I really thought I'd heard there was one designer who liked to throw them in as his calling card (Marcos Bessa maybe?). Granted I remember reading that years ago, sometime around the first or second wave of Marvel stuff, so I might not be remembering it entirely. Or I could be mistaken, it's been so long, granted it doesn't matter either way.

It definitely seems to be a running joke now though...

Yep it's Marcos Bessa

I believe the Roxxon Corporation CM4Sci is thinking of could be the company in Daredevil Season 2.

^ That's it, thank you. I had just watched that so now it makes sense. :grin:

Roxxon has appeared in and out of various MCU movies/shows. The guy that the Mandarin "executes" in front of the President in IM3 is the Head of the Roxxon Oil Corporation. Plus, if I remember right, there's a Roxxon billboard in the first Iron Man.

Wow, I went all day without checking in here. The one day I don't, there's several pages worth of new comments, which means the fourth set must be revealed. :'D

Truth be told, I like the set but it hasn't sold me. It's cute, and it fits as an extension of the airport, with the tanker being a nod to the movie, but I'm pretty annoyed that there's yet another Cap minifig; I swear I've got like four of that one variant already by now. But WOW, Spidey and Hawkeye look fantastic. Exactly what I wanted.

I'm still tossing up whether or not I'll get this set. I'll probably end up just getting those two minifigs, and maybe Vision if I can be bothered. The change in the gem is nice, but I'll probably only get him if I can find him cheap. But the reused Cap pretty much turns me off. Had he been replaced with the new Ant-Man design, then yes, I'll absolutely get it, but I really don't want/need five of this incarnation of Cap. I can't get rid of the ones I already have.

It gets a pass from me because it's a Cap movie, and a Cap line; it'd be kind of weird not having him in a set based on his movie.

Edited by Butterfingers27

He's not in the Crossbones Hazard Heist. I don't have a problem with Cap, I just don't want yet another of the exact same minifigure. I was kinda okay with the Black Panther Pursuit having a head and hair, even if the torso wasn't any different. But whatever.

I wouldn't care if they give Cap the same torso, but he needs a flesh skinned angry face. Like in some of the LEGO Marvel Avengers posters

Edited by Quicksilver838

So, it's hard to see in the photo's provided, but is the Spider symbol on Spider-Man's chest accurate to the movie? Or is it based on concept art just like the Hasbro figure (who's logo is inaccurate)?

It's definitely more like the one on the Hasbro figure. I'm guessing the logo was one of the last parts of the suit to be finalized.

He's not in the Crossbones Hazard Heist. I don't have a problem with Cap, I just don't want yet another of the exact same minifigure. I was kinda okay with the Black Panther Pursuit having a head and hair, even if the torso wasn't any different. But whatever.

But this is part of the climax of the movie, and they probably created it with the intent for kids to recreate the Spidey v. Cap fight.

I've come to the conclusion that buying sets is just too much for me. I'm only 16, and I don't have a job yet so I can't fork out over £100 each time i want a load of sets, so I'm going to start buying minifigures from Bricklink as they're actually decent prices. Besides, I'm much more of a minifigure guy than sets.

But this set does look pretty disappointing compared to what we could've had, but it's really just a set to have some new minifigures.