Quicksilver

Marvel Superheroes 2016 Rumors And Discussion

Please keep trades out of this topic. They go in the Buy/Sell/Trade forum, and there is good reason for that and the Buy/Sell/Trade forum restrictions.

Thanks.

Trying not to anger the moderators, but just saw Civil War and it was amazing! The sets were pretty accurate in my opinion. Can't wait for fourth set pics and I'm pretty sure it'll be an add-on to the airport battle set.

Trying not to anger the moderators, but just saw Civil War and it was amazing! The sets were pretty accurate in my opinion. Can't wait for fourth set pics and I'm pretty sure it'll be an add-on to the airport battle set.

There is a proper topic for this now.

We have had a total of 9 PP Spider-Man variants plus a Duplo Fig. I think the blue printed on red versions look awful. We have (or will have) had 3 additional "Spider-Persons" for a total of 12. How could they actually make a "better" Spider-Man?

9 PP Spider-Man variants which include slight variants of the same Ultimate Spider-Man (red hips -- big whoop, red boots -- does that really count as a proper variant?)

The fact is the Ultimate Spider-Man variant (and all of its slight variations) have appeared (by 2016 will have appeard) in 12 sets / polys. Enough already, it's had more than a good run. Time to retire it is all I'm saying.

9 PP Spider-Man variants which include slight variants of the same Ultimate Spider-Man (red hips -- big whoop, red boots -- does that really count as a proper variant?)

The fact is the Ultimate Spider-Man variant (and all of its slight variations) have appeared (by 2016 will have appeard) in 12 sets / polys. Enough already, it's had more than a good run. Time to retire it is all I'm saying.

Not saying you're wrong, but aren't all Spidey costumes (other than blacks symbiote) slight variations on the classic comic book costume? How could the costume be improved over what we have already gotten? Yes, it's boring to get the same fig so many times, but what do you actually want to see?

I like full arm printing and printing on the sides of the legs always blows me away because it is still so rare. I think arm printing on Spidey would look really nice. The other thing they could do is different facial expressions. The Mighty Micro showed how well that can work when done well, and many figure variants in other themes vary only in facial expression (e.g. Emmet from TLM)

There are plenty of ways they could improve the figure. Yes, Spidey's costume looks similar in most iterations, but there have still be slightly different balances of red and blue and LEGO could make new variants based on that.

The most important thing to me would be to change the base color of the torso to red, like in the Spider-Man 1 and 2 sets. Those Spider-Man 1 and 2 minifigs are worlds better than the current one, who looks like he's wearing pajamas. I'm sure the Civil War one will be great, but they could surely update the comics/animated Spider-Man too so that he's not such a dud.

Bottom line to me is, if the current minifigure looks a bit crap (which I personally think it does), LEGO could certainly do a better version of the exact same look.

There are plenty of ways they could improve the figure. Yes, Spidey's costume looks similar in most iterations, but there have still be slightly different balances of red and blue and LEGO could make new variants based on that.

The most important thing to me would be to change the base color of the torso to red, like in the Spider-Man 1 and 2 sets. Those Spider-Man 1 and 2 minifigs are worlds better than the current one, who looks like he's wearing pajamas. I'm sure the Civil War one will be great, but they could surely update the comics/animated Spider-Man too so that he's not such a dud.

Bottom line to me is, if the current minifigure looks a bit crap (which I personally think it does), LEGO could certainly do a better version of the exact same look.

Good points! I heartily agree with all of them.

If Lego is attached to having a base blue torso, then another potential solution is to have more layers. Lego only does a certain number of layers of print on any piece (with a typical maximum of 5, I think, for licensed parts). Older figures often used those layers to basically lay down some primer, so that a light colored print on a darker torso showed up very brightly and crisply. Newer figures usually use those layers to add more colors and details, but at the expense of the background color showing through. Here's a comparison of the two aesthetics, with the old look on the left, the new one on the right.

However, the current Spidey does neither. He only has two or three layers of print on his torso: black and red, and maybe a gray muscle print. He also only has two layers on his head: black and white. This makes the red torso look far muddier than it needs to. Because his design uses so few colors, Lego could absolutely afford to drop a layer of primer on first so that the colors show up perfectly.

Other ways Lego could theoretically improve Spider-Man:

• Printed Arms. Ideally, this would mean blue arms, with a very wide stripe of printed red, and black webbing printed on top of that.
  • Dual molded and printed legs. Ideally, this would mean thighs=blue, calves=red, with black webbing printed on top of the red.
  • Wrap-around head printing. They've done it in the CMF line with Skeleton Boy, so we know it's possible for them to print lines extending all around a head, and connect on the other side.

I think you guys are expecting too much for mcu spidey. He should be different, but don't expect a detailed minifigure. Anyways, I'm just going to wait patiently for this set and not discuss about it anymore. Lets take a break from the 4th set discussion.

Well, isn't he a part of the set? That involves a discussion about the set. I'm not going to argue with someone about something ridiculous.

To me, it seemed that the spiderman discussion was based on more than just the fourth set, but the design of the figure in the upcoming summer sets/bridge wave and comparing him to the scarlet spider as far as detail. But what do I know...

Nevertheless, After looking at the back of 76059 a bit more in detail, I am a huge fan of the new arms on Doc Oc. I didn't care for the quasi-wrench looking things on the end of his previous version(76015). These new ones look much more practical and pose some unique uses (Ie, he could now attach onto pricks that would otherwise have needed an attachment point)

Honestly, the current Spidey isn't even bad, I actually like the classic comic spider and tick logos. It's just that, as mentioned above, printing methods and color choices can be used to improve it.

As for MCU Spider-Man, all I hope for is the use of dark blue.

Placing some BrickLink orders today so I can expand my airport for my Civil War display. Is it worth it to just buy the airport part of the set for more parts?

Just realized that the micro figure of ant man is based off of his Civil War costume, while giant man is based off his first costume. Now if only we could get a regular minifigure based off his second costume.

Never understood people's reluctance to see variance with minifigs

Every time we get a Spider-Man it should be different

Why the hell not? We aren't army building and It's not as if it costs more to print a different design and - even if arm printing etc. cost more - variation is just going to increase sales and make each version more collectible producing a net gain.

With more choice everyone wins and they can just pick the one they like best.

Giving us the same version again and again is astonishingly lazy

Edited by TheBrickHitHouse

Just realized that the micro figure of ant man is based off of his Civil War costume, while giant man is based off his first costume. Now if only we could get a regular minifigure based off his second costume.

A new helmet mould would definitely be welcome, that'd be pretty cool. Personally, though, I'm happy with my three sizes and their variants.

Giant man is in his civil war costume, just his belt is from his old costume, Lego had a hiccup there.

Actually astounded by how well that Airport Battle is represented in the set, which makes me really wonder why people think the fourth set is a continuation on that? The only thing you could do is the interior where, in the trailer, Spidey, Falcon, and Bucky fight, which seems a little empty for a set. I'm definitely hoping that that Civil War Hawkeye figure is coming, though.

Anybody think our SDCC figure might be Vision in his sweater or

That prototype Spidey suit that looked like a total fake when it leaked online twelve dozen times but turned out to be totally real

?

Actually astounded by how well that Airport Battle is represented in the set, which makes me really wonder why people think the fourth set is a continuation on that? The only thing you could do is the interior where, snip.

Think this one goes over in the "Civil War Accuracy thread for a few more days.

Guys, does anybody know what comics or cartoon are new Spider-man sets based on? Is it Amazing comics series or some new cartoon? Because I don't remember bridge battle and ghost rider to be in the Ultimate Spider-man series, while Spider-woman is definitely from the USP.

Guys, does anybody know what comics or cartoon are new Spider-man sets based on? Is it Amazing comics series or some new cartoon? Because I don't remember bridge battle and ghost rider to be in the Ultimate Spider-man series, while Spider-woman is definitely from the USP.

Its just general spiderman sets now i believe. legos mix and match comic stuff.

, Spoiler, Spoiler, and Spoiler fight, which seems a little empty for a set. I'm definitely hoping that that Civil War Hawkeye figure is coming, though.

That was in a tv-spot, wich i generally avoided for the time being before seeing the movie, so thanks for spoiling that.

Guys can we please like, not do this movie talk thing? after like 2 weeks or something?

Edited by kevkipo

Someone made this a while back as a MOD to Lego Marvel Superheroes, think other than the gauntlets it'll likely be the bare-minimum that Lego could do to make a good Civil War Spider-man figure.

Placing some BrickLink orders today so I can expand my airport for my Civil War display. Is it worth it to just buy the airport part of the set for more parts?

Its not really worth it considering the scale of roughly how big everything should be. The Lego set primarily gives you the tower, but the tower is way too small compared to how large it would be in real life - it isnt to scale with the Lego Giant-Man figure either. Though it really depends what you desire in terms of how movie-accurate you want it to be and what pieces you want to be in scale.

To expand the Airport the main aspects you'd need would be;

- Tower

- Plane

- Hangar

- Carpark

- Boarding tunnels

- Varying trucks and things

You can see in the below image a Lego airport, that is roughly the scale you'd need to accurately portray the scene;

ay_106430356.jpg?quality=80&strip=all

Anybody think our SDCC figure might be Vision in his sweater or

That prototype Spidey suit that looked like a total fake when it leaked online twelve dozen times but turned out to be totally real

?

Had'nt seen the bit described in the spoilers though that is possible.

I think honestly it's difficult to speculate until we know the figures in the fourth Civil War set, by my count we have the following characters who could potentially see a SDCC release;

- Everett Ross

- Thunderbolt Ross

- Spider-man

- Hawkeye

- Zemo

- Vision

They are the 6 remaining characters needed to re-enact pretty much all of the Civil War movie in Lego requiring just those introduced in this Civil War line.

To be fair, we already got a Mighty Micro with the Mandarin, and he even had normal-sized legs!

Bwhahahaha!