Quicksilver

Marvel Superheroes 2016 Rumors And Discussion

I remember someone saying something about a Hawkeye polybag, was that ever confirmed?

So I was able to get a sealed 75133 Rebels battle pack and bag 3 from 76051 Airport Battle from someone on Craigslist. The only thing is there was no instructions on how to build Ant-man.

I checked online but there is nothing except a youtube video of someone attempting to recreate it but it's not official.

Would anyone be willing to possibly send me pictures of just the Ant-man build from the instructions. I'd appreciate it.

Edited by vriverajr3

So I was able to get a sealed 75133 Rebels battle pack and bag 3 from 76051 Airport Battle from someone on Craigslist. The only thing is there was no instructions on how to build Ant-man.

I checked online but there is nothing except a youtube video of someone attempting to recreate it but it's not official.

Would anyone be willing to possibly send me pictures of just the Ant-man build from the instructions. I'd appreciate it.

Just sent a pm

Could any of the dual molded arms or legs from the Disney minifigure series be used for any existing Marvel figures? Like Mr. Incredible or Syndrome?

Could any of the dual molded arms or legs from the Disney minifigure series be used for any existing Marvel figures? Like Mr. Incredible or Syndrome?

If Syndrome has strictly black legs with white boots, it could be used for a better Crossbones.

Well if he's not on the set, he could be a polybag released later in the year, but also there's the solo film next year which would have at least 3 sets to it

I was kind of hoping that Lego would make CA: CW Spidey the SDCC exclusive for this year, then release the exact same minifigure in the MCU Spider-man film sets next year, such as they did with Azog the Defiler and Bard the Bowman from the Hobbit trilogy. But that could just be wishful thinking...:wink:

True, we have the set number 5****** polybag being released later in the year.

We're hoping, no one seems to know anything about it. :sceptic: I trust you though myself.

If Syndrome has strictly black legs with white boots, it could be used for a better Crossbones.

Ooh, love this idea!

Has anyone seen any of the Civil War sets in Australian stores?

i saw a few people on facebook had found some.

I'll probably use Mr. Incredible's arms on Deadpool.

Just looked on the lego store website in the UK and they have listed Crossbones Hazard Heist as the only CA:CW set. All the Mighty Micros are there but no Airport or Black Panther Jet? Anyone else know why this would be?

Just looked on the lego store website in the UK and they have listed Crossbones Hazard Heist as the only CA:CW set. All the Mighty Micros are there but no Airport or Black Panther Jet? Anyone else know why this would be?

Not sure why, but it's the same as the Australian Lego store.

I imagine they just haven't updated the site properly as they have all of them in store. Nabbed the Crossbones Heist and Black Panther jet, and got 5004468 free. The new Quinjet in the new set looks disappointing.

Well if he's not on the set, he could be a polybag released later in the year, but also there's the solo film next year which would have at least 3 sets to it

Not every movie gets 3 sets. Maybe Spider-Man won't. (Ant-Man and Doctor Strange just got a single set each).

2017 has THREE MCU/Marvel movies (GotG vol2, Spider-man, and Thor 3). Who knows what'll be the "full" wave that year. Or maybe all 3 will only get a single set (or no sets at all like prior Thor or Cap America films).

Not every movie gets 3 sets. Maybe Spider-Man won't. (Ant-Man and Doctor Strange just got a single set each).

2017 has THREE MCU/Marvel movies (GotG vol2, Spider-man, and Thor 3). Who knows what'll be the "full" wave that year. Or maybe all 3 will only get a single set (or no sets at all like prior Thor or Cap America films).

I reckon Guardians and Spidey will get small waves, Thor might get one set at least

I reckon Guardians and Spidey will get small waves, Thor might get one set at least

We have yet to get a Thor movie set but as it is rumored to be a buddy up film with Hulk I think we could see one this time. At least I hope so. I don't mind if some of the films just get minifig polybags as with the MCU films all the characters cross over anyway. I'm most looking forward to Guardians of the Galaxy wave. Already planning on getting them all regardless of seeing them haha.

Built the Black Panther set last night which I bought primarily for the Black Panther minifig.

Surprisingly, the build for the jet was very interesting and not what I was expecting in regards to how poor many of the vehicles in small sets or used as throw in's in the larger Marvel sets can be.

Unfortunately, Cap's jeep is even smaller than Hawkeye's jeep from the Hydra Showdown set but the spring loaded missile firing from the front grille is a nice design aspect.

Sticker haters will moan at the 6 main stickers that need to be lined up on the wings (3 on each side) similar to the Mystery Machine sticker application but it definitely adds a nice design element once applied and lined up perfectly.

The most disappointing aspect of the set for me is actually the minifigs. As already mentioned by many, the lack of leg printing on Black Panther combined with the silly looking head piece is a bummer and the Winter Soldier lacks the cool printing that the polybag had on the leg piece. Cap.... wish there was at least a slight difference between this and the ones in the Ultron and Hellicarrier sets, so now I have yet another Cap with the same body and legs, but different head piece and/or hair.

Overall, definitely worth a purchase for Marvel fans just for the BP and WS mini figs and the BP jet is a better build than any of the other add-on vehicles (not including Quinjets) to date from any of the first or second Avengers waves in my opinion.

Edited by Cmay91472

Here is a bit of fuel to add to the 4th Civil War set rumor fires:

Brickset announced that this month is "Super Heroes Theme Month" thanks to "Support from the LEGO ARP team"

From the announcement (emphasis mine)"

Given the present abundance of Super Heroes sets and films we have decided that this month will be themed around Super Heroes!

These articles will include:

• Reviews of all the new Super Heroes sets.
  • An interview with a LEGO Super Heroes set designer who worked on the Captain America: Civil War sets.
  • Reviews of some rare and historic Super Heroes sets.
  • An article looking at the history of Spider-Man in LEGO, in honour of his upcoming appearance in Captain America: Civil War.
  • A Super Heroes themed building contest.

There will be other surprises along the way so make sure to keep an eye on the homepage.

So why would we be celebrating Spidey's brief cameo in the Civil War movie on a Lego website unless the two were somehow connected? And there are other surprises along the way in a very Civil War-oriented article (no mention of BvS for example), so I am guessing the 4th civil war set is among the surprises to be revealed. Correct me if I am wrong, but everything we know about the set so far (very little) comes from it being listed on Brickset in the first place, so what better place to reveal it than there?

Edited by linnormlord

Here is a bit of fuel to add to the 4th Civil War set rumor fires:

Brickset announced that this month is "Super Heroes Theme Month" thanks to "Support from the LEGO ARP team"

From the announcement (emphasis mine)"

Given the present abundance of Super Heroes sets and films we have decided that this month will be themed around Super Heroes!

These articles will include:

• Reviews of all the new Super Heroes sets.
  • An interview with a LEGO Super Heroes set designer who worked on the Captain America: Civil War sets.
  • Reviews of some rare and historic Super Heroes sets.
  • An article looking at the history of Spider-Man in LEGO, in honour of his upcoming appearance in Captain America: Civil War.
  • A Super Heroes themed building contest.

There will be other surprises along the way so make sure to keep an eye on the homepage.

So why would we be celebrating Spidey's brief cameo in the Civil War movie on a Lego website unless the two were somehow connected? And there are other surprises along the way in a very Civil War-oriented article (no mention of BvS for example), so I am guessing the 4th civil war set is among the surprises to be revealed. Correct me if I am wrong, but everything we know about the set so far (very little) comes from it being listed on Brickset in the first place, so what better place to reveal it than there?

Just to point out, Spidey won't have a cameo in Civil War, he's got a larger role than cameo. Aunt May has a cameo. But Spider Man will be going up against Cap America.

But just thinking about it, maybe we could see the set, just without Spidey. Maybe any ACTUAL look at Spidey will be blanked out, but everything else shown. That could work to the agreement that Spidey can't be shown.

Just remember that guys... Spidey can't be shown, as per the agreements. I wanna see him too, but we just need to wait for the movie, not for the set

Just to point out, Spidey won't have a cameo in Civil War, he's got a larger role than cameo. Aunt May has a cameo. But Spider Man will be going up against Cap America.

But just thinking about it, maybe we could see the set, just without Spidey. Maybe any ACTUAL look at Spidey will be blanked out, but everything else shown. That could work to the agreement that Spidey can't be shown.

Just remember that guys... Spidey can't be shown, as per the agreements. I wanna see him too, but we just need to wait for the movie, not for the set

I want that to happen. I'm planning on getting the Helicarrier with double points in March and using the reward for the Airport Battle or this unknown set.

Also, people (like James Gunn) have described Spider-Man's role as "a glorified cameo" and him only being in one or two scenes for 15 or 20 minutes.

I heard 4 minutes of screen time, that's why I said cameo, but you're right, that would be more than a cameo anyways.

Definitely won't/can't be confirmed but can be suggested/confirmed without a picture. Even a set title could give that away. That would be a great exclusive for Brickset to get to reveal.

I was totally in the "Spidey WON'T be in the 4th set" camp before this announcement, but now I am convinced it will be him. We'll find out if I am right within 30 days.

Where are people getting this? I keep up with Marvel news quite a bit, and I've never seen anything to this effect. Marvel has controlled Spider-Man's merchandising rights since 2012, even though Sony was making competing Spider-Man films. That's why we've gotten Spider-Man Lego sets, up to and including the SDCC Figure and the Electro polybag.

I honestly think this is just a new marketing strategy for Marvel: "Some fans got annoyed that Age of Ultron and ASM2 put out 30 trailers and gave everything away. Let's not do that this time."

However, if there is a statement or leak that says Spider-Man's absence is contractual (and whether the contract is about advertising or merchandising), I'd be very interested to read it.