Quicksilver

Marvel Superheroes 2016 Rumors And Discussion

Saw a comment that J2G got the Crossbones set at Kmart and totally remembered about them and my store which is on the other side of the city but the closest one. Got online and found out they had the Black Panther set for sale and I could pick it up today so I bought it. and waited all day for my email saying it was ready for pick-up. Never got it so I called them and they saw it was still processing. Then they talked with the stocking person and he told me that he wasn't able to give it to me, despite already paying for it, till the release date. So long story short Kmart has some of the sets online but if you order them you can't get them till the 1st.

If there is a walmart nearby you go there first. Walmart just doesn't care about them. If you can't find them, take pictures of the place holder price tag and wave down a walmart employee with a phone that can look up the inventory of nearby walmarts that has them in stock by the numbers. Lo and behold I did that yesterday to track down the airport battle set, the other two are easy to find. The local Lego store straight up told me it was impossible for me to get them before the first...

But finally!!! until wave 4 CW mystery set!!!

https://www.flickr.com/gp/131181207@N03/9Y6c07

Edited by eldiano

Nice picture! It looks great having the teams together. Anyways, I finally got the crossbones set and I love it. Falcon looks good, not accurate, but an amazing minifigure. Black Widow is great because I didn't get last years quinjet. The motorcycle and the jeep are neat. I especially like the colors on the jeep, they're very unique. Not bad for a $20 set. Although brick seek said they had everything, all they had was the last crossbones set which I managed to get and one cap vs red skull MM. Pretty happy with the outcome of the set.

If there is a walmart nearby you go there first. Walmart just doesn't care about them. If you can't find them, take pictures of the place holder price tag and wave down a walmart employee with a phone that can look up the inventory of nearby walmarts that has them in stock by the numbers. Lo and behold I did that yesterday to track down the airport battle set, the other two are easy to find. The local Lego store straight up told me it was impossible for me to get them before the first...

Nice picture. I've checked all my Walmarts but they don't even have the place holder tags out. It's pretty pitiful how they have the LEGO aisle half empty for weeks only restocking what's already on the shelf. Plus I'm convinced they would just tell me the same thing and can't sell to me. Wish I lived in an area like J2G where don't care about street dates since every single store near me does. I'll just wait till the 1st to get them. I'm just more disjointed with the fact that I paid for a set and can't get it till later, from a store on the other side of town, where even if I cancelled the order and got a refund it would take like a week to get back to me.

I don't think there are any others. Its the same colour, but Tremor from Ultra Agents has a good armoured torso. Just not shiny :/

That's what I planned to do:

24463426926_2034051909_c.jpg

VS the official one:

LEGO-Civil-War-Falcon-Minifigure-e1452968191431.jpg

What legs are those? I don't think Falcon NEEDS leg printing but those do look good on him.

Edited by Captain Nemo
Please Don't Quote Pictures

Thanks for that reference photo. I think Falcon doesn't need leg printing, but he NEEDS dual molding for his arms. ugh. I'll definitely try to use a marker to give him shoulder pads or something.

I find it interesting that both war machine and Lois lane were in 2013 sets, and now they are in 2016 sets with new faces. I guess 2013 sets are out of production and they couldn't make them again. It's really sad, they both had new faces only to have them replaced with a repeated face.

I find it interesting that both war machine and Lois lane were in 2013 sets, and now they are in 2016 sets with new faces. I guess 2013 sets are out of production and they couldn't make them again. It's really sad, they both had new faces only to have them replaced with a repeated face.

But Lego keeps the designs, right? Bane in the Dimensions pack is from 2013. We're getting Loki and Mark 7 again, and they were a year older! There's no way they lost the War Machine files when they knew he would appear again!

Is it just that much cheaper to print 10,000 copies of one head (Cyborg for Dimensions and Civil War) than to switch the printer halfway through and print 5,000 copies of two distinct heads?

Falcon MOC looks good. I was going to test the new a Black Panther and Falcon MOC this weekend but got register locked at Target. Shouldn't have stocked them then Target! A-holes. Guess I'll try in a few days

Unimpressed overall with the airport set after seeing it in store. Might be work brick linking a war machine out of the set, but then I'd have to replace the wonky face anyway.

Edited by Buildingwon

I was going to test the new a Black Panther and Falcon MOC this weekend but got register locked at Target. Shouldn't have stocked them then Target! A-holes. Guess I'll try in a few days

If you want a set at Target, one thing you can try is to call them, ask if they have it and if you can buy it, and if so, have them hold it at Guest Services. The Guest Services personnel are trained to be very agreeable with customers, so they should sell it to you. If they cite street date, just let them know that the person on the phone said you could buy it, and they'll sell it. This way, you don't make any unnecessary trips, and you even get in and out of the store faster. Also, don't get adversarial- it never makes them want to help you.

In general, though, Target's Guest Services people are pretty nice; they let me get a discount on a damaged box even when there were non-damaged boxes available. Most stores don't do that.

Edit: Yeah, as CM4Sci says below, you can/should use the DPCI number, too. Forgot to mention that.

Edited by N_Cat

If you want a set at Target, one thing you can try is to call them, ask if they have it and if you can buy it, and if so, have them hold it at Guest Services.

Awesome advice. Going to try it with another target in the area. Thank you!!

24463426926_2034051909_c.jpg

VS the official one:

LEGO-Civil-War-Falcon-Minifigure-e1452968191431.jpg

It's ok lego confused. I don't know if anyone paid attention, but on the panther chase the winter soldier has a machine gun mold, while the airport being the same fig gets the hideous blaster that shares with falcon, but agent 13 keeps. makes no sense.

Edited by eldiano

Checked my walmart today, and they only had the airport set for marvel. Didn't get cause I want to use it to get mr.freeze promo in april.

Edited by Zergos

Finally found the Black Panther set. Love the minifigure! I tried Zod's legs, but in hand it makes it seem too busy (to me, just personal taste).

The jet is interesting, but if not in the movie it certainly seemed like a convoluted build (if it wasn't based on some specific concept art, I mean).

Having Black Panther in LEGO form is a high point for me (been a fan of this character since I was a kid), which led me to realize just HOW awesome and diverse this wave of Civil War sets is for LEGO. Of the three sets, there's a person of color in each. 2 of the 3 sets have women (and one of those has 2). That's pretty impressive :)

Edited by The-Daryl

I did this 1,5 months ago (it's purist, except for the arms).

Falcon Upgraded

I really like this idea. Not a fan of the plain legs. I like the bat boots on him though. Worth a try

Are new sets available in Barnes and Noble now?

I saw someone found some Star Wars ones on the internet but what about superheroes?

Picked up Crossbones' Hazard Heist at Target today. I like it a lot better in person than when it was first revealed. Only problems are:

-Black Widow is the AoU version (although she maybe actually have this suit since this scene takes place fairly close to the beginning) maybe/hopefully if she comes in the 4th set she will have long hair since she has it later on in the movie

-Falcon's lack of two toned arms

-Crossbones looking like someone cracked two eggs on a black head

-Only holder for one of Black Widow's batons

But all-in-all I think the set is good for the price point and can't wait to pick up the other two sets.