Quicksilver

Marvel Superheroes 2016 Rumors And Discussion

Your answers are up guys on Brickset!

"Scarlet Spider is dark red. I cannot remember exactly what Kraven and Scorpion look like but Vulture was definitely in a green outfit and had a flesh head. I am not sure about Spider-Girl as it was certainly white and resembled Spider-Gwen but it had a hair piece and no hood, which is a well known feature of the character."

Color of the hair would pretty much confirm it if someone could ask him. Blonde for Gwen and Brown for Anya.

Either is far better than the USM one which is the exact same costume that Spidey wears. If it is Gwen hopefully they included an extra head and hood, that would be awesome. Also if it's Gwen it suddenly makes a lot more sense how Captain Stacy got into a set, as I never expected him to make the cut.

Edited by strangely

Color of the hair would pretty much confirm it if someone could ask him.

I just asked for you, so we'll see what they say.

Edited by Sir Gareth

Oh no hood...... :cry3:

And he just confirmed that it is Spider-girl... Makes sense with USM.....

Edited by Ashnflash

So... here's a link to an article about the merchandising rights...

http://www.lazygamer.net/entertainment/this-is-why-we-havent-seen-spider-man-in-any-captain-america-civil-war-footage-yet/

taken from the article a comment attributed to Civil War directors Joe and Anthony Russo:

"The reason why I preface that is we’re still kind of in “deal zone”. The reason why we still won’t talk about [the costume] is that Marvel and Sony still have to work out what uses they have for the character, on a promotional level, on a commercial level. There’s still complications as far as that goes that involves business deals."

So, as I said, Disney and Sony still have to hammer out the details of the agreement before we will see any images of spider-man from civil war or related merchandise.

Yes! Were getting Kraven! Even as I was reading the post, I was still hoping for Spiderman 2099.

Many of us were mate, sadly its not going to happen for now :(

Of all the new summer sets I'm eager to see the Bridge Battle. Too bad I won't be able to display it in my glass cabinet. Maybe this will replace the Quinjet for my Marvel minifigure display. I really need to pick up that Carnage set + bricklink Sandman...

Edited by Cammo

I have to say if the bridge is any where near as good as described I'll put off buying the 66 Batcave for a long while and buy two of the bridges. Hopefully this is a June release, I'd hate to wait until August to get the Spider-man sets like we did last year.

It's too bad there's no new Spidey variant so far. In all these years I'm surprised they never updated Spidey to actually match his USM appearance which had a darker color scheme. Hopefully the fourth Civil War set will give us a new variant.

Really from these descriptions my one complaint is the lack of Gwen (her trench coat appearance is necessary to complete #121) , but if we get Spider-Gwen I'll be pacified for a while longer.

Edited by strangely

I don't understand how the people who have seen the sets are getting the two Scarlet Spiders confused. One guy says he has a hood, which would indicate Ben. Another guy says the figure is red, which would indicate Kaine. You don't have to be a Marvel fan to differentiate the two.

Rant over... just ready for pics now. LOL

This sounds like the best Marvel wave ever. Usually the builds are blah but I'm actually really excited to see the bridge.

I don't understand how the people who have seen the sets are getting the two Scarlet Spiders confused. One guy says he has a hood, which would indicate Ben. Another guy says the figure is red, which would indicate Kaine. You don't have to be a Marvel fan to differentiate the two.

I honestly don't see how being red differentiates the two from one another.

Until CapnRex101 provides additional information, the evidence points towards Ben and not Kaine.

Edited by Sir Gareth

It seems near logical for Kaine as firstly, he is Scarlet in colour and secondly, he is to join the USM show as a series regular. Ben on the other hand has (kind of) already appeared in LMSH, and he seems more comic popular, so really its a tough break for the moment

I honestly don't see how being red differentiates the two from one another.

Until CapnRex101 provides additional information, the evidence points towards Ben and not Kaine.

My point exactly. Why would you say it's red when they both are. Saying that he has a blue torso and/or a hood would immediately eliminate any confusion. What evidence is there that points to Ben? The "cake" poster has been way off on some of the details.

It seems near logical for Kaine as firstly, he is Scarlet in colour and secondly, he is to join the USM show as a series regular. Ben on the other hand has (kind of) already appeared in LMSH, and he seems more comic popular, so really its a tough break for the moment

I'm hoping for Ben though.

Edited by frog4gators

I'm confused about Spider-girl. Why would she have hair? It could be spider-gwen I suppose but when he said hair I immediately thought of Spider-woman. She wears hair outside of her spider-ish costume. Maybe it was a flub and the people labeled her "girl" instead of "woman"?

I'm confused about Spider-girl. Why would she have hair? It could be spider-gwen I suppose but when he said hair I immediately thought of Spider-woman. She wears hair outside of her spider-ish costume. Maybe it was a flub and the people labeled her "girl" instead of "woman"?

Anya Corazon's Spider-Girl has hair, so it could be her. Spider-Gwen sometimes takes off her hood, (it's possible there's an alt head and hood similar to how Captain Marvel was done) so it could be her too. The other detail that we know about this minifigure is that the costume contains white. This makes it likely that it's either Anya or Gwen as both of their costumes feature white detailing. I'm currently leaning towards Gwen since her costume contains more white between the two options (She would have a white torso, arms and head whereas Anya would only have a spider symbol and a few lines).

Edited by strangely

Seeing as Spider Gwen can't really be a superhero name, in comics she is known as Spider Woman. Or Girl. I swear its Woman but can't remember

Whew... NEWS! :grin:

Ok, let's start with the start.

New Pieces:

The new "Web Shoot Effect" mold sounds really cool! I've always dreamed about something like that for Spidey, would be cool for Iron Man as well!

(Side note, Cap Boomerang's Boomerang's, we should really get a new Arrow Mold or something for Hawkeye like that!)

Minifigures:

Wow! Both Marvel and DC have an excellent figure choice now! So many brand new figs! New Spidey variants, new Villains (I am so happy for Spidey fans, i'm a Kraven guy so i defenitely like this!) More generic people (Aunt-May was a given, but commander Stacy?)

(Another side note, i'm greatly happy for DC as well, Captain Boomerang, Killer Crock etc, it was time Batman got a lot more villains!)

So congrats to you guys!

Sets:

Can't say much, Bridge sounds great, Doc Strange set sounds like a must buy, and the rest of the Spidey sets sound great as well!

Now i'm so much more eager for the CW set, it seems as if they go all out for these waves, so they can't miss that CW set now!

Y'know, I wasn't initially planning on buying any of the Spider-Man sets, but CapnRex is praising the Bridge's build very, very hard. If it's Gwen and Ben in the set, I might actually buy it. If not, I might Bricklink it if the build is really that wonderful; I don't have anything resembling a bridge in my collection, so it would spice it up.

The ideal Spider-Gwen figure would have Gwen's head, a masked-head, Gwen Hair, a folded Wildstyle hood and a regular hood; it's possible the conflicting reports about the "Spider-Girl" figure are because she has all this, but I doubt it. I think it's more likely that people just misinterpreted what they saw, maybe mixed up details about some of the figures.

Anya Corazon's Spider-Girl has hair, so it could be her. Spider-Gwen sometimes takes off her hood, (it's possible there's an alt head and hood similar to how Captain Marvel was done) so it could be her too. The other detail that we know about this minifigure is that the costume contains white. This makes it likely that it's either Anya or Gwen as both of their costumes feature white detailing. I'm currently leaning towards Gwen since her costume contains more white between the two options (She would have a white torso, arms and head whereas Anya would only have a spider symbol and a few lines).

Hm, never seen that version of spider-girl. I had a comic when I was younger where spider-girl was the daughter or MJ and Peter, so that's who I always think of. Anya might be a cool fig to have though. Spider-gwen does seem likely at this point. It'd be nice though if they had an alternate costume for her to wear as well! :grin: They're already giving us so much though, so I won't get my hopes up. I fully expect Gwen and Mysterio next year though!!

Are there no other reports from London then? Or do we need to wait two more days for Nuremberg to finally know which Scarlet and which Spidergirl?

Am i the only one who loves the fact that the Dr Strange set is larger than we innitiatly tought?