Quicksilver

Marvel Superheroes 2016 Rumors And Discussion

Gwen Stacy

If there's a bridge than she better be included. No excuses Lego! I would like to expand the civilian Spider-man roster finally. In all these years we've gotten J. Jonah Jameson and Mary Jane. It's time to give us some of the other important Spidey characters.

Edited by strangely

Oh my goodness!!! A big non d2c marvel set?? Yes pleaseee. I really hope I get to see 2099 in one of these sets, he's the only spiderman variant I really want. Exciting times, can't wait to see pictures and/or character lists at toyfair. :D

Civil War sets like a lot of the previous movie based set look horrible. Usually the minifigs made up for it but not this time I think :sceptic:

The summer sets sound interesting. The Ghost Rider set will be the hardest to mess up so I have hopes on that but the others I'm assuming will be like that ugly Sandman and Rhino set.

Everyone is all blowing up on the Spidey sets (Understandable in their case :grin: )

And i'm just here looking for a price or box size or minifig inclusion for the 4th CW set :laugh:

Woo! 2016 is going to be the most expansive year for me ever! Gotta get them all!

The bad thing is that the 100$ set will be a duel: Spiderman vs ?. Easy (cheap) way to get Ghost Rider :thumbup: . And I wonder what the Doc Ock Tentacle trap will be. Something like that train from Spiderman 2?

Edited by Winter Soldier

Bridge Battle set sounds curious , if this sets has some good villains like Hobgoblin or Vulture, I will be buying it! Some other variations of Spider Man team will be a welcome additions as well. Ghost rider set is an instant buy, never thought he will ever appear as minifig in Lego set. And if a villain in this set delivers ,it just might be one of the greatest Superheroes sets ever.

Ooh lala i hope these spidey sets are comicbased and done really well. The bridge should have green goblin and gwen stacey. Maybe a battledamaged spidey with a torn outfit? If there are going to be sinister six villains, please no usm or movie versions. And if aunt May is showing up (i rather have a baddie) i expect her in the Doc Ock set (she has a special connection with him in the comics).

For spidey variants i hope for a rentree of the black suit and man-spider.

Personally, a Japanese Spider-Man (in the Bridge duel) with his giant mech would make my day :tongue:

A brickbuilt Leopardon would be sweet! Hopefully these sets are more comic-based than television-based.

Maybe white tiger in the bridge battle?

If we are getting white tiger my guess is the doc ock battle thing. I think they want to focus mainly on different versions of spider man in the bridge

Guys can we just take a moment to realise that its only 4 days in, but its clear 2016 is gonna be an amazing year

I'm thinking that the Spider-Man sets will probably be based on the Ultimate Spider-Man tv show since season 3 was called Web Warriors and so is the bridge battle set. Anyone know if any of season 3 scene took place on a bridge?

Also since season 4 will focus on the sinister 6 I'm expecting to see a few sinister 6 villains as well, maybe even the entire line up given the prices of the sets.

Kinda bummed to see a third Doc Ock when we've still yet to get Mysterio, Lizard, Shocker, or a main-theme comic-based Green Goblin, but more Spidey variants, Ghost Rider, and a probable White Tiger sounds pretty great!

I'd love to see Spider-Noir, he seems neat. Ooo! What about Peter Porker?? Is Chima doing any pigs soon, because I could see them doing that if they already had the piece.

(not the CMF pig mask tho)

I just checked to see if Ultimate Spider-Man has done Spider-Gwen yet (because oh my god do I want that fig) but I don't think they have. Wait, this is turning awfully wish list-y.. Oops.

Is Chima doing any pigs soon, because I could see them doing that if they already had the piece.

Chima is dead and has been replaced by Nexo Knigths :wink:

Out of this list, I'm most curious about Ghostrider, I never thought TLG would actually feature one of the Marvel Knights in a set (even though some of them are in the video games, but still) :thumbup: I can't wait to see how they did his signature flames. Personally, I don't think the Ultra Agents piece would work too well (as evidenced by some customs) but I can't really see them creating an entirely new piece either :sceptic:

Out of this list, I'm most curious about Ghostrider, I never thought TLG would actually feature one of the Marvel Knights in a set (even though some of them are in the video games, but still) :thumbup: I can't wait to see how they did his signature flames. Personally, I don't think the Ultra Agents piece would work too well (as evidenced by some customs) but I can't really see them creating an entirely new piece either :sceptic:

perhaps a translucent version of one of the hairpieces we have seen for 'crazy scientist' or the leaked one for Syndrome in Disney CMFs?

I literally just asked for gwen in another forum. This bridge set would be perfect way to include her and i would be pretty let down if she isn't there. Also hoping for a Ock similar to the one from 2014 only without the coat. They hit the nail on the head with the concept of that figure but the coat always looked off to me. But thats just me. Very excited for this year. What a good time to be a geek!

No it's definitely Star Lord. Only unmasked Cap, Falcon, Black Panther and Crossbones have new faces. Unsure on Iron Man, War Machine or Agent 13

Thats a pity, at least its pretty close in the expression and stubble to the civil war movie.Its not as bad an offender as say Lex Luthor in the BVS sets which looks about as far from eisenberg as you can get.

So can we expect some set descriptions at toy fair? Im super eager to know about these! I just hope that if we do get descriptions, whoever is doing them is honest. I remember last year when we were told that the Rhino mech looks "very organic" and good. (No offense in case that was any of you guys.)