Quicksilver

Marvel Superheroes 2016 Rumors And Discussion

So we can expect atleast two sets for this summer wave,the Doctor Strange tie movie set and the Spidy/Ghost rider set.Btw what about that fourth rumored CA:Civil War set??

That set is going to be a LEGO SHOP exclusive and is also going to include (mcu) Spiderman. That's all we know about that set.

So we can expect atleast two sets for this summer wave,the Doctor Strange tie movie set and the Spidy/Ghost rider set.Btw what about that fourth rumored CA:Civil War set??

We should expect at least three sets for the summer wave, one being the CW exclusive set.

Edited by amazingbricks

That set is going to be a LEGO SHOP exclusive and is also going to include (mcu) Spiderman. That's all we know about that set.

There's been a lot of talk about this, and I'm pretty sure we don't know either of those things. We know it exists, and we know it will be a store-exclusive. That's it. As far as I can tell, having read this whole thread, we don't know what store, and there's still no actual MCU Spider-Man confirmation. Just assumptions. Someone IN THE KNOW, please feel free to correct me.

______

As for all of this Ghost Rider talk:

It honestly never occurred to me that it could be the Robbie Reyes version, since I often forget he exists. I grew up in the 90s, so Danny Ketch, he of the leather jackets and shoulder spikes, was always 'my' Ghost Rider. However, after Johnny Blaze's reemergence, he assumed a lot of the visual trappings of the Ketch version, and the two have become somewhat conflated, visually, into what is the most iconic version. So that's what I'm expecting, even though the Robbie Reyes character does seem to fit into the USM world much better.

A new flame-head mold, where the flames trail behind somewhat, would be entirely welcome, but I don't really expect it and I think the Ultra Agents piece would look just fine. I'd be happy to be wrong, though.

There's been villain-talk for this set, as well as someone wondering why TLG would produce a demonic superhero, etc. My thought was: what if Ghost Rider IS the villain? A 'hero vs anti-hero' sort of thing. We all know he isn't a bad guy, but he's been played that way before and I could see them classifying him as such so that it can fly under the radar. Just some mindless speculation.

It could happen like that Rob, on that point of hero vs anti-hero I have just one thing to say:

6866 Wolverine Chopper Showdown. Wolverine vs Deadpool (the beast of anti-heroes)

Lego Shop? That means it is a seasonal build, gear, D2C, etc.... I believe what you meant was retail exclusive, such as ToysRUs or Target.

It could happen like that Rob, on that point of hero vs anti-hero I have just one thing to say:

6866 Wolverine Chopper Showdown. Wolverine vs Deadpool (the beast of anti-heroes)

Magneto was the main villain of that set. Deadpool was just acting as his henchman. Deadpool is different because he'll do whatever side pays him more. Ghost Rider is not like that, so he's not going to be portrayed as the villain

Magneto was the main villain of that set. Deadpool was just acting as his henchman. Deadpool is different because he'll do whatever side pays him more. Ghost Rider is not like that, so he's not going to be portrayed as the villain

I agree that Magneto was the villain of that particular set, but I would argue that Ghost Rider can still occupy a morally gray role like other characters such as Punisher, Venom, or indeed Deadpool. I wouldn't call Ghost Rider a villain, but he has certainly played the antagonist before.

I'm not saying my idea is correct at all, it was just a thought, but TLG is going to have a tough time finding an acceptable villain that looks more villainous than Ghost Rider.

I'm not saying my idea is correct at all, it was just a thought, but TLG is going to have a tough time finding an acceptable villain that looks more villainous than Ghost Rider.

I hadn't thought of it that way. They could use Dormammu, but if he is in the Doctor Strange set, they would indeed have some trouble with that.

These are the only villains I can think of Mephisto(yes I know he's the literal Devil), Black Heart, Michael Morbius

Mephisto01.jpgblackheart-avengers-alliance-marvel-artwork.pngMorbius02.jpg

although it would still be hard to top this for evil looking

27442502266671426041206639edaa70.jpg

(Moment of realization) Blackheart could use the new Ninjago hairpiece we all thought was (and still could be) for White Tiger!

Eh, scratch that, spikes/ hair's too big.

Edited by Aegis2000

LEGO wouldn't make a figure for a lesser known villain, plus these are still meant to be directed for kids. So unless Ghost Rider receives his own set, not paired with Spider Man, then I'm still believing the villain shall be Mysterio

Edited by Quicksilver838

LEGO wouldn't make a figure for a lesser known villain, plus these are still meant to be directed for kids. So unless Ghost Rider receives his own set, not paired with Spider Man, then I'm still believing the villain shall be Mysterio

Unless said lesser-known character factors into the TV show, somehow. I mean, it's not like Hyperion is on Marvel's A-list. I'd say the same about Beetle, who we got a figure of a few years ago.

Hrafnblo, took the words out of my mouth. I hope GR and his bike look just like the screensaver LEGO has out. I've been patiently awaiting on his figure for some time.

Edited by frog4gators

Unless said lesser-known character factors into the TV show, somehow. I mean, it's not like Hyperion is on Marvel's A-list. I'd say the same about Beetle, who we got a figure of a few years ago.

True points but Beetle was part of USM's Sinister Six, Hyperion was part of the Cabal on Avengers Assemble (plus in comics he's an Avenger) so they had larger roles in their series. The next USM series has him fighting the Sinister Six and Hydra, so I can't see them making a major demonic character. Unless maybe its Hobgoblin. Although be fair, this years 2 USM sets weren't really based on the show

I love how just last month (pg 106) I said that it appeared LEGO was preparing to release a Ghost Rider set soon and got completely hammered by this forum. *** pats self on back***

True points but Beetle was part of USM's Sinister Six, Hyperion was part of the Cabal on Avengers Assemble (plus in comics he's an Avenger) so they had larger roles in their series. The next USM series has him fighting the Sinister Six and Hydra, so I can't see them making a major demonic character. Unless maybe its Hobgoblin. Although be fair, this years 2 USM sets weren't really based on the show

That was what I meant, though. We saw Beetle and Hyperion because they factored into the cartoons, despite being pretty obscure characters in comic terms. Likewise, should some villain come out of left field and have a part (even a small one, see: Carnage, in his USM episode) in the show, they could pop up. All it would take is an episode where HYDRA is trying to harness some power or another and they end up summoning a demon, which wouldn't really be that crazy for HYDRA. :P I do think Mephisto is fairly unlikely, though.

Hobgoblin would be really cool, and personally I'd like to see him, but I'm pretty much always cool with new villains/heroes in this theme.

That was what I meant, though. We saw Beetle and Hyperion because they factored into the cartoons, despite being pretty obscure characters in comic terms. Likewise, should some villain come out of left field and have a part (even a small one, see: Carnage, in his USM episode) in the show, they could pop up. All it would take is an episode where HYDRA is trying to harness some power or another and they end up summoning a demon, which wouldn't really be that crazy for HYDRA. :P I do think Mephisto is fairly unlikely, though.

Hobgoblin would be really cool, and personally I'd like to see him, but I'm pretty much always cool with new villains/heroes in this theme.

The main reason I think Mephisto is unlikely, is because no child would be able to remember his name. I can't even pronounce his whole name (Mephistopheles). But there was plans in the 1990s for Ghost Rider to appear on a Spider Man show where in an episode they would team up and fight Dormammu and... Mysterio: my only logical choice. Although Jack O'Lantern is both a Ghost Rider and Spidey enemy, so I would love to have all 4 of them in a set. Also with White Tiger. Need to finish the team off

The main reason I think Mephisto is unlikely, is because no child would be able to remember his name. I can't even pronounce his whole name (Mephistopheles). But there was plans in the 1990s for Ghost Rider to appear on a Spider Man show where in an episode they would team up and fight Dormammu and... Mysterio: my only logical choice. Although Jack O'Lantern is both a Ghost Rider and Spidey enemy, so I would love to have all 4 of them in a set. Also with White Tiger. Need to finish the team off

The Jester and Bullseye would also be a good choice I think.

The Jester and Bullseye would also be a good choice I think.

Well they would be in only one condition... Daredevil. I can see it now. Spidey and Daredevil taking on Bullseye

Jack o Lanter would be a great choice,since he's also Ghost Riders enemy too.And that would be a great way for Lego to re use the new pumpkin head mould from the Scooby Doo line.

I love how just last month (pg 106) I said that it appeared LEGO was preparing to release a Ghost Rider set soon and got completely hammered by this forum. *** pats self on back***

Did you know? or just guessing? otherwise props to you!

The good thing is we'll get Spiderman's dual molded legs for a bit cheaper than the sand man set.

Cool! I'm still not totally sold on these strictly because they're so limited and they tend to stand out in the collection. Just got my first dual-molded-legged Batman with the Kryptonite Interception. Some mix and match with the Riddler Chase set Batman and, maaaan, I've just about got my perfect Batman, but he's the only superhero I have who wears boots.

Hrafnblo, took the words out of my mouth. I hope GR and his bike look just like the screensaver LEGO has out. I've been patiently awaiting on his figure for some time.

I have no idea what you're referring to, but I'd love to see it (hint, hint). In the meantime, I'll check out Google, see if I can scope it.

***Pats you on the back***

Everybody get's hammered now and again, somehow :wink:

Jack o Lanter would be a great choice,since he's also Ghost Riders enemy too.And that would be a great way for Lego to re use the new pumpkin head mould from the Scooby Doo line.

Interesting thought, and logical, but I would be completely bored by that minifig. I'd still get the set though!