Quicksilver

Marvel Superheroes 2016 Rumors And Discussion

So is the airport set just GiantMan, a jet (big or small?) and a control tower?

No there's more then that, its just that we don't know what other characters are in the set...

Don't know why everyone presumes the Doctor Strange set will be $20/3 minifigs like the Ant-Man set was. Could be anything. $40, $50.

Don't know why everyone presumes the Doctor Strange set will be $20/3 minifigs like the Ant-Man set was. Could be anything. $40, $50.

The reason we say $20 is because the ant man set came out with age of ultron sets(big movie like civil war). While age of ultron sets were the main release of marvel sets this year, civil war will be the main release of 2016. We were lucky to get one antman set this year and $20 was reasonable for not a big movie. Doctor strange will be exactly like antman, it will come out after the big marvel movie of the year. Since we're getting 4 civil war sets, that leaves one set for doctor strange(just like ant man). It wouldn't make sense to get a big doctor strange set when their aren't that many characters. Ant man set had to include a character that didn't even appear in the movie(hank Pym ant man suit) I think the same goes for doctor strange. We only need doctor strange and baron mordo and an extra side character. Three minifigures is enough and that means it'll most likely be a $20 set.

Edited by amazingbricks

The reason we say $20 is because the ant man set came out with age of ultron sets(big movie like civil war). While age of ultron sets were the main release of marvel sets this year, civil war will be the main release of 2016. We were lucky to get one antman set this year and $20 was reasonable for not a big movie. Doctor strange will be exactly like antman, it will come out after the big marvel movie of the year. Since we're getting 4 civil war sets, that leaves one set for doctor strange(just like ant man). It wouldn't make sense to get a big doctor strange set when their aren't that many characters. Ant man set had to include a character that didn't even appear in the movie(hank Pym ant man suit) I think the same goes for doctor strange. We only need doctor strange and baron mordo and an extra side character. Three minifigures is enough and that means it'll most likely be a $20 set.

I see the point you are trying to make, but your numbers are off-base. AoU, counting the retailer exclusive, had SIX sets. Ant-Man was the 8th MCU-based set of the year because the massive Helicarrier was the first. We know of 3 sets for CA:CW with a likely 4th being a retailer exclusive. Doctor Strange would only be the 5th MCU set of the year. So it wouldn't surprise me at all if they decided to make it a little bigger to accommodate a 4th minifig. $29.99 USD still wouldn't be out of a lot of people's price range.

Edited by dmarvin

I see the point you are trying to make, but your numbers are off-base. AoU, counting the retailer exclusive, had SIX sets. Ant-Man was the 8th MCU-based set of the year because the massive Helicarrier was the first. We know of 3 sets for CA:CW with a likely 4th being a retailer exclusive. Doctor Strange would only be the 5th MCU set of the year. So it wouldn't surprise me at all if they decided to make it a little bigger to accommodate a 4th minifig. $29.99 USD still wouldn't be out of a lot of people's price range.

It's certainly possible. Personally, I doubt Marvel will merchandise Doctor Strange as much as they did Ant-Man, and they didn't even do that much for Ant-Man. I think even a $13 USD Doctor Strange set (a la LotR's Wizard Battle) would hit the sweet spot just fine for most people, but they'll probably boost it up to $20 to get their extra bit from those few Doctor Strange fans.

If they do that every year, i'd be happy. Ant-Man 2015, Doc Strange 2016, Thor Ragnarok and Spidey 2017, Black Panther and Miss Marvel (I think?) 2018

While the big Movies are, AoU 2015, Civil War 2016, Guardians 2 2017, AIW 2018,

I think next to the Doc Strange set and the retail exclusive CW, we get 2 more sets and my bet goes Spidey again

I've been thinking, could be the Airport set would look like this?

LEGO_City60022_img1_lg._V368068347_.jpg

Edited by kevkipo

Just like there wasn't a stone printed on visions head :sad:

I'm pretty sure the early artwork had the Vision's stone color blue (hence why the figure ended up that way) -- this was likely before they decided on the mind gem for the final cut. But as other's have said, it's easily remedied -- here's my modded version:

17375289889_ec22bdb459_n.jpgVision [MCU] [MOD] [AOU] by agoodfella minifigs, on Flickr

If they do that every year, i'd be happy. Ant-Man 2015, Doc Strange 2016, Thor Ragnarok and Spidey 2017, Black Panther and Miss Marvel (I think?) 2018

While the big Movies are, AoU 2015, Civil War 2016, Guardians 2 2017, AIW 2018,

I think next to the Doc Strange set and the retail exclusive CW, we get 2 more sets and my bet goes Spidey again

No way Spidey doesn't get a full range

That's a fine idea but it needs to happen at least twice to be a trend. It could be $20 again or the price point could be completely random based on what part of the film seems marketable as a LEGO set, and what characters. We know nearly nothing about this movie so it's too soon to say there aren't enough characters. In truth I'm just playing devil's advocate but my points stand.

I've been thinking, could be the Airport set would look like this?

I hope not. As a licensed set, that looks like a set that would cost $99.99, mostly because of the plane build, which is just a common, non-specific plane. And no one is going to want to pay for that just to get the minifigs in the set.

I hope not. As a licensed set, that looks like a set that would cost $99.99, mostly because of the plane build, which is just a common, non-specific plane. And no one is going to want to pay for that just to get the minifigs in the set.

*Raises hand slowly* i want minifigs :grin:

But i have to agree, a set with just a regular plane has not much to offer

*Raises hand slowly* i want minifigs :grin:

But i have to agree, a set with just a regular plane has not much to offer

Yup. The downside isn't the figures themselves, it's that the Quinjet had just as many in a much smaller set.

I think that the fourth set is a much bigger set and it will cost over 100$. That set will have so much more to offer then the other CA:CW sets. That set will have many cool minifigs and a nice building. And I also think that everyone wants to pay for that set. ( these are just my thoughts )

Edited by Winter Soldier

I think that the fourth set is a much bigger set and it will cost over 100$. That set will have so much more to offer then the other CA:CW sets. That set will have many cool minifigs and a nice building. And I also think that everyone wants to pay for that set. ( these are just my thoughts )

As much as i like to see it, i have doubts. But i think these CW sets we know of have a lot to offer already! Black Panther? Falcon? Giant Man? New SW? i think that's pretty awesome already :grin:

As much as i like to see it, i have doubts. But i think these CW sets we know of have a lot to offer already! Black Panther? Falcon? Giant Man? New SW? i think that's pretty awesome already :grin:

It would be even more awesome if the fourth set has Baron Zemo, Spiderman, War Machine, Vision, ... Edited by Winter Soldier

It would be even more awesome if the fourth set has Baron Zemo, Spiderman, War Machine, Vision, ...

I'm gonna take a guess and say that War Machine and Vision will be in the airport set

And Zemo might be in the Panther set

I'm curious as to whether the Hyperion fig will be based on the earlier Comics variant (bright yellow / red) or the muted colors in the latest "All New, All Different" Marvel lineup as pictured here:

allnewalldifferentmarvel-1-138962.jpg

I'm curious as to whether the Hyperion fig will be based on the earlier Comics variant (bright yellow / red) or the muted colors in the latest "All New, All Different" Marvel

Probably comics, as he appears that way in the Avengers Assemble show:

hyperion-review.jpg

Edited by N_Cat

Hopefully Thanos will not be comic-based ( light-blue / yellow ), but movie-based ( dark-blue / gold ).

Sadly enough I think he will be comic-based. :sad: