Quicksilver

Marvel Superheroes 2016 Rumors And Discussion

As for Civil War, it's pretty safe to assume we'll get Cap, Iron Man, Hawkeye, Ant-Man, Falcon, Winter Soldier, War Machine, Black Widow, Black Panther, Vision, Crossbones, Scarlet Witch, and Sharon Carter. Towards the end of that list a few are less likely than others, but seeing as Sharon was in the prelim art, Crossbones is so heavily portrayed in the trailers, and Scarlet Witch is in a bit of that leaked trailer stuff (where Sharon wasn't I don't believe), they're all pretty likely still.

So on top of the 13 I was speculating before, I just realized I left out Zemo. Along with J2G's couple hints since (Giant-Man and two Winter Soldiers), plus Lego loves Spidey, which would be 17 'figs total. At least.

A $20 set usually has 3 'figs, we can get 5 or so in a $50 set, and say an $80 set, which would give us another 7? 8 max? (Sorry if we have prices and mine are off, I can't easily check the first page on my phone.) That comes out to 16.

At this point, I think we'd have to bank on a fourth set to get all of the characters I listed. The odds of Lego not doing any duplicate 'figs, especially Cap as the titular character, are pretty dang slim. But still, 15 characters with one duplicate and one having a second form (Giant Man) is definitely doable, which is my whole point.

From what I've read, nobody knows. J2G just hinted that we'd get both a shrunken and a Giant AntMan. Hard to say if that's confirmation for either, but his Intel is usually on point and he tends to release a lot in hints like that.

Was it already confirmed what Giant-man is going to be? Brickbuild? Bigfig? a big minifig?

We can rule out a big fig. However, I PMed J2G, and he said if we got him it'd most likely be a brick built version. He doesn't know.

Edited by Aegis2000

We can rule out a big fig. However, I PMed J2G, and he said if we got him it'd most likely be a brick built version. He doesn't know.

How big are those minifig-shaped clocks? Could Lego make an Ant/Giant-Man themed one without the clock in the torso? I saw that someone made a Lego Galactus with one of those, so maybe that could work.

If they were going to do that I think they'd need a new mold anyways, as that one leaves room for the clock part. In which case, they'd probably make him considerably smaller than those clocks. Especially if he's to appear in an actual set.

Oh, and apparently we're look at 20-35-50 for the three sets... So the fourth would need to be pretty big unfortunately to get all the characters...

Edited by JaseTJ

Ya kevkipo stop posting GIF's and being excited! Gosh what's wrong with you showing emotions! Can you please stop! :grin: Just teasing cause I was guilty of this too... Guess you and I should just become Tin Men and start a Wizard of Oz forum filled with GIF's!

Back on track, I did read that tomorrow is a very big LEGO news day! The releases of the Monster CMF, official pictures of the Doctor Who set and also J2G will be allowed to release all of his knowledge to the public! SEPTEMBER!!!!!!!!

Does anyone know if this is true? Is today the big day?

Does anyone know if this is true? Is today the big day?

He said he may not. All he released was a bit of BvS info in the DC thread and an Advent Calendar release date.

Edited by Aegis2000

there would be no more unnecessary wish-listing or speculation

There would be no problems if people just posted in the right threads.

I like wishlists, they're fun to write-up, but they don't belong in the rumors and discussion thread.

Same thing with speculation. It's fun to try predict what we're gonna get, but it just doesn't belong here.

Wow, Hyperion? That's obscure, even for me.

Yeah, I think this is the fig I'm most excited for - love that they throw in random characters from time to time.

I think it's pretty doubtful that we'll see Agent Carter or Agent 13 any time soon. I'd say we just get Black Widow and Scarlet Witch with a bit of room for speculation as to whether or not Wasp will be in costume by then. I don't think that news affects the Lego end of things nearly as much as it will Hasbro and the action figures. Hopefully it'll make Black Widow accessible for once, though. I skipped out on her last time because the Quinjet was too expensive, and now I may do it again because the Quinjet is too expensive AGAIN. :hmpf_bad:

We will definitely get agent 13 because if you've see the concept art it show Agent 13 on team cap and she is rumored to to have a major role in the film

On the topic of Ant-Man, i really don't know what to expect? the tiny Ant-Man i can invision. But Giant Man? how are they gonna fit him in a set? and the right size? and formed like a Minifigure...

There are lego key rings about 2 and a half times the size of regular minifig that would work perfect for giant man there not too large like the clock

I can't see them doing anything other than something brick built, unfortunately. Unfortunately, if he's like Groot, the proportions won't match up with regular antman and will probably look weird. I really do hope they just give us a clock sized one or maybe even the larger keychain/flashlight size or something. That sounds mighty expensive for them to do though

On the topic of Ant-Man, i really don't know what to expect? the tiny Ant-Man i can invision. But Giant Man? how are they gonna fit him in a set? and the right size? and formed like a Minifigure...

Huh, What a coincedence, today i saw a guy with the flashlight keychain and i immediately tought of Giantman!

Huh, What a coincedence, today i saw a guy with the flashlight keychain and i immediately tought of Giantman!

Wait, what? I didn't think they did those for Marvel? Do you know something?

We will definitely get agent 13 because if you've see the concept art it show Agent 13 on team cap and she is rumored to to have a major role in the film

Yeah, that's practically guaranteed now lol Just so long as that concept art really does indicate which characters are the big ones.

Edited by Numbuh1Nerd

Yeah, that's practically guaranteed now lol Just so long as that concept art really does indicate which characters are the big ones.

Well we were also told by Just2Good that we're getting Agent 13 so....there's that

When was this and where!?

So you don't think a small/Giant Ant-Man are possible, nor Agent 13? :wink:

She's been updated since then on the first page too.

She's been updated since then on the first page too.

Lol oops... Just did a search for Agent 13 and it was one of the names I actually freaked out about... My bad...

I wonder with the apparent (I use this term loosely) "failure" (to quote Disney) of AoU will LEGO start to make less sets based off the movies? Especially with Civil War since apparently we're getting a second wave...

Lol oops... Just did a search for Agent 13 and it was one of the names I actually freaked out about... My bad...

I wonder with the apparent (I use this term loosely) "failure" (to quote Disney) of AoU will LEGO start to make less sets based off the movies? Especially with Civil War since apparently we're getting a second wave...

"Failure"? Failure to what, surpass the first movie? The only recent failure for Diney that was marketed was the Lone Ranger in 2013. That was a bust. But AoU? How so, and where was that quoted from?

Also, I hope we get two waves of Civil War. It'll give more time to save up for them and allows more room for a promo like the Winter Soldier.

Let's not start this conversation again...

Let's not start this conversation again...

Good point. Don't want to upset anyone.

But I just wondered where it was quoted from, and also you'd think Civil War would be marketed more. More characters, a big fight, possible death of a fundamental character, plus it's the start of phase three? They'd put more into it, I'd think.