Quicksilver

Marvel Superheroes 2016 Rumors And Discussion

I could only see the cockpit, that could fit on passenger.

It was similar to Darksieds, just without the massive cannon.

This new wave sounds good but it also sounds quite a bit like filler with the reusing of old characters and designs. I'm still surprised we haven't got a Daredevil Minifigure yet, especially considering how popular the character has gotten over the past year.

This new wave sounds good but it also sounds quite a bit like filler with the reusing of old characters and designs. I'm still surprised we haven't got a Daredevil Minifigure yet, especially considering how popular the character has gotten over the past year.

But on the plus side some of these characters are getting an update, slight or not that's good. And not having to pay $30 for that Juniors set just for Gobby makes this all the more worthwhile.

As for Daredevil I'm not that surprised. It's true that he's becoming really popular, but I think the important question to ask is whether his popularity has improved with kids. I'm not sure that's really changed enough to warrant him appearing, especially since there's currently no kids media he's appearing in.

If he showed up in a cartoon than I'd almost guarantee inclusion in a set, but I don't think he's shown up anywhere outside the Netflix show so far. And with the violence of that show I'm thinking Lego would be a bit wary making anything based directly on that show. I think we're just going to have to play the waiting game for this one.

Regardless of if Daredevil's popularity has actually increased all that much, he's still more popular than several characters we have.

The Avenjet sounds a lot like Darkseid Invadion to me. Which makes me think, will Thanos have a small build like Darkseid's? If so, if would probably be his throne.

You are absolutely right! Excellent observation! I'd had Deja Vu about that set's announcement, and you've placed what from. Thanks!

The only problem for me, which doesn't give me déjà vu, is that the Minifigure selection in the Avenjet isn't nearly as good as the one in Darkseid Invasion. It's almost like Lego regretted the decision to give us that much awesomeness in one set. Sure, Thanos can be the equivalent of Darkseid and Supes and Capt America can cancel each other out, but are Hyperion, Capt Marvel and another Iron Man anywhere near the score that the debuts of Hawkman, Cyborg and Green Arrow were? No...

Regardless of if Daredevil's popularity has actually increased all that much, he's still more popular than several characters we have.

Most of the minifigures we've got have appeared in either a movie or cartoon. The less popular characters we've gotten have at least had media exposure. This is ultimately a kids product, Daredevil hasn't appeared in any kid friendly media (Like a movie or cartoon) so his odds of being included aren't great right now.

The only problem for me, which doesn't give me déjà vu, is that the Minifigure selection in the Avenjet isn't nearly as good as the one in Darkseid Invasion. It's almost like Lego regretted the decision to give us that much awesomeness in one set. Sure, Thanos can be the equivalent of Darkseid and Supes and Capt America can cancel each other out, but are Hyperion, Capt Marvel and another Iron Man anywhere near the score that the debuts of Hawkman, Cyborg and Green Arrow were? No...

I think the difference basically comes down to the license. I get the impression they have more freedom with DC sets, they can give us a more diverse selection and can genuinely surprise us. Marvel on the other hand seems very calculated (But Disney always is). Hyperion seems to be here only because he appears in one of the many cartoons Disney has put out. Captain Marvel is seemingly here just to get the merchandising ball rolling for her character as she'll be getting a movie before much longer.

I love Marvel, but at the end of the day there's fewer surprises on this side of the theme. Everything seems to be here to serve the agenda Disney has planned out for the next decade. I mean that's not really a bad thing, it just means the possibility of getting some fan favorites is pretty hindered.

Edited by strangely

Most of the minifigures we've got have appeared in either a movie or cartoon. The less popular characters we've gotten have at least had media exposure. This is ultimately a kids product, Daredevil hasn't appeared in any kid friendly media (Like a movie or cartoon) so his odds of being included aren't great right now.

That's pretty much the dilemma. Maybe he'll appear in AA season 4 (assuming it gets one). Looks like we'll be waiting till at least 2017

I'm actually really excited for this wave. New variants of Green Goblin, Hulk, Red Skull, and Ultron in the Racers, another opportunity to get Hydra henchmen, two new Iron Man variants between the Submarine Attack and the Space Mission, Crossbones, a new Captain America variant, Captain Marvel, an obscure character like Hyperion, and the big bad himself, Thanos.

Not to mention most of these are based on the comics/television shows, and not the films.

I'm actually really excited for this wave. New variants of Green Goblin, Hulk, Red Skull, and Ultron in the Racers, another opportunity to get Hydra henchmen, two new Iron Man variants between the Submarine Attack and the Space Mission, Crossbones, a new Captain America variant, Captain Marvel, an obscure character like Hyperion, and the big bad himself, Thanos.

Not to mention most of these are based on the comics/television shows, and not the films.

Crossbones? Do you know something or is that a guess

My thoughts exactly! And then some with Military Falcon and Black Panther in the CA:CW sets!

Crossbones? Do you know something or is that a guess

Why do people always say do you know something?

And it's probably just a a guess.

Dang. I am eager to know if we will get at least Falcon, Zemo, and Crossbones. I feel like Black Panther is a sure thing as he plays a decent role in the film.

Well, Crossbones happens to be in one of the CA:CW sets :wink:

Edited by Sir Gareth

I think the difference basically comes down to the license. I get the impression they have more freedom with DC sets, they can give us a more diverse selection and can genuinely surprise us. Marvel on the other hand seems very calculated (But Disney always is). Hyperion seems to be here only because he appears in one of the many cartoons Disney has put out. Captain Marvel is seemingly here just to get the merchandising ball rolling for her character as she'll be getting a movie before much longer.

I love Marvel, but at the end of the day there's fewer surprises on this side of the theme. Everything seems to be here to serve the agenda Disney has planned out for the next decade. I mean that's not really a bad thing, it just means the possibility of getting some fan favorites is pretty hindered.

I don't agree at all. The DC license is worse than the Marvel license, because it almost only got Batman and his villains (and not even all of them). There were very few good and new sets (the Darkseid invasion was one of them) and they all came only in the latest waves. While with Marvel sets, we got Avengers ones (movies + cartoon), Spiderman ones, GotG and X-Men. When I look at my minfigures shelf, I see a lot more diversity on the Marvel side, while 50% of the DC side is only Batman/his friends/his villains. Where are all the other villains (and other heroes too, though we've had a more decent amount of those)?!

Well, Crossbones happens to be in one of the CA:CW sets.

I thought the figures for the CW sets were unconfirmed for now.

Oh come on spill the beans sir gareth or at least 1 more fig

I only know about Crossbones and the obligatory Captain America at the moment.

I'll help him out on that:

My source says we will be getting Captain America.

Omg I can't believe it captain America. Well I heard from my friends, cousins, aunts cleaners wife that we will be getting iron man aswell

Omg I can't believe it captain America. Well I heard from my friends, cousins, aunts cleaners wife that we will be getting iron man aswell

Cleaners wife? be polite sir, say Hygenic Personal Assasistant! :grin:

My guts tell me we are getting Hawkeye, don't ask me how, just trust the guts

GUTS!!!

Cleaners wife? be polite sir, say Hygenic Personal Assasistant! :grin:

My guts tell me we are getting Hawkeye, don't ask me how, just trust the guts

GUTS!!!

I can easily see Hawkeye being passed over since he has two versions from Avengers movie sets previously. If we have to sacrifice Hawkeye in order to get a Black Panther, Falcon, etc., that's a sacrifice I'm willing to make.

Given the price points of the sets - $19.99, $29.99 and $59.99 - what is reasonable to expect for Minifigure counts? Based on past MCU sets, my expectations are 3, 4 and 5 respectively. And we know that each set has to have at least one villain. The confirmed Crossbones is one, and Baron Zemo is likely another. There will probably be a goon or henchman somewhere. We probably will be left with 8-9 slots for heroes based on those totals. Cap and Iron Man will fill up probably 2-3 of those spots.

What heroes will we get in those final 5-6 slots? That's the biggest mystery to be uncovered with the CA:CW sets. If we get Falcon and Black Panther, anything else for me is icing on the cake.

Do you know how he is designed? Does he have a helmet or is it a printed head?

I can easily see Hawkeye being passed over since he has two versions from Avengers movie sets previously. If we have to sacrifice Hawkeye in order to get a Black Panther, Falcon, etc., that's a sacrifice I'm willing to make.

Yeah, i don't think so, it's a brand new Hawkeye... i think they will pas on Vision, Ant-man and Black widow if they pass on hero's

20,00 set could easily have 3 figs, my bets are

20: Cap, Crossbones, Scarlet Witch / Falcon

35: Cap, Iron Man, Hawkeye, War Machine

50: Baron Zemo, Black Panther, Falcon, Iron Man, Bucky

And there's still the rumored J2G set, for all we know that could be a 80 Dollar exclusive!

Edited by kevkipo

I don't agree at all. The DC license is worse than the Marvel license, because it almost only got Batman and his villains (and not even all of them). There were very few good and new sets (the Darkseid invasion was one of them) and they all came only in the latest waves. While with Marvel sets, we got Avengers ones (movies + cartoon), Spiderman ones, GotG and X-Men. When I look at my minfigures shelf, I see a lot more diversity on the Marvel side, while 50% of the DC side is only Batman/his friends/his villains. Where are all the other villains (and other heroes too, though we've had a more decent amount of those)?!

I disagree, both themes are very good and i can't pick a favourite. Both theme's have most of the main heroes from dc and marvel comics. Sure most of the heroes in dc did not come until 2015 with the justice league wave but it was worth the wait since we got Superman, Batman, Wonder woman, Green lantern, Flash, Aquaman, Martain manhunter, Cyborg, Green arrow, Hawkman and Supergirl plus alot of good non Batman villains. Marvel has always had a variety of heroes but 50% of the marvel builds are quite disappointing. Look at 2/3 of the ironman 3 sets, Most of the spiderman sets (Besides daily bugle, that set is amazing) while most DC sets are really good. Yes we get more batman then anyone else but combine Spiderman and Ironman sets and you have about the same amount of sets a Batman.