Quicksilver

Marvel Superheroes 2016 Rumors And Discussion

So I see this thread has been on fire as of late. Could someone compile all the recent LEGO Marvel news into 1 simple detailed post for me? Mainly, what sets are we getting and who are we getting. Reading all this gives me a headache when I am so far behind :tongue: .

Edited by Dr Axels

So I see this thread has been on fire as of late. Could someone compile all the recent LEGO Marvel news into 1 simple detailed post for me? Mainly, what sets are we getting and who are we getting. Reading all this gives me a headache when I am so far behind :tongue: .

Look on page one. The MODs post eh updated lists.

Look on page one. The MODs post eh updated lists.

Dur. Thanks. I honestly hadn't considered that. =P

Figs for Civil Wars sets still unconfirmed? I felt the Spidey vs Cap set might be an unlikely thing.

Edited by Dr Axels

But now we are still on the bench though, Just2Good said "More" when talking about the Civil War sets

How many more? and bigger sets? more characters? i find it hard to believe even for him, as BvS is only getting 3 sets!

i find it hard to believe even for him, as BvS is only getting 3 sets!

It's simple: the Marvel Cinematic Universe is an established franchise with its fanbase whereas the DC movie universe is in its beginning and noone knows how these movie are going to play out. Lego does not risk much when they produce Marvel sets based on the movies because most of them are great.

The 2012 Avengers sets had preliminary images, just look it up......

Those were at a Toy Fair, released to the public because the didn't have the official boxes done.

Most movie sets in store catalogues aren't features or are barely mentioned.

Not really. The Comic version of a Hydra Solider comes in the $20USD Captain America Vs Hydra set from 2014 and we got the MCU Age Of Ultron versions in the $20 Hydra Avengers Showdown and the $50 Hydra Fortress Smash.

Cheers for the reply, QS. :classic: Got all three sets. Looks like it's Brick Link for me!

Cheers for the reply, QS. :classic: Got all three sets. Looks like it's Brick Link for me!

To the internet! Or possibly wait until next year...

But now we are still on the bench though, Just2Good said "More" when talking about the Civil War sets

How many more? and bigger sets? more characters? i find it hard to believe even for him, as BvS is only getting 3 sets!

I think BvS might be getting less sets because most of the characters in the movie are civilians with no powers, such as Lois (Already a figure), Martha Kent, Alfred, whomever Holly Hunter is playing and Perry. Only Supes, Batsy, Wonder Woman, Lex and Zod's Corpse (like Lego will put that in a set) have powers or are an antagonist, while In Civil War we have an Onslaught of heroes, Crossbones and Baron Zemo to fit into sets. While the only Civilians are Agent 13, General Ross and Martin Freeman's Character.

While the only Civilians are Agent 13, General Ross and Martin Freeman's Character.

Depends on of they go the Red Hulk route with General Ross. Then he'll have powers, and most likely be included in a set

Also, Martin Freeman is the Prime Minister of Britain/England. He bought missiles from Ulysess Klaue in Avengers: Age of Ultron. I'm guessing he's Hydra, works with Zemo.

It's simple: the Marvel Cinematic Universe is an established franchise with its fanbase whereas the DC movie universe is in its beginning and noone knows how these movie are going to play out. Lego does not risk much when they produce Marvel sets based on the movies because most of them are great.

Yes, but this film is risky. there is a 50/50 chance that it could flop because of the lack of heroes and villains. Yes i know most of the MCU is in it but the civil war story line has X-men and fantastic four in the story and they were some of the main heroes.

So civil war could flop just as bad as Batman v superman.

To be honest i doubt that any of these films will be bad but Age of ultron looked to be amazing and it was good but not THAT good.

Ant man was better

There's no way Civl War will flop. It'll probably make around a billion at least. I also don't think we need to worry about BvS.

There's no way Civl War will flop. It'll probably make around a billion at least. I also don't think we need to worry about BvS.

Those movies will make a killing that its not even funny.

I have high hopes for Civil War, but much like AoU I'm sure it will be "decent" at most. The amount of characters in these MCU movies nowadays really feel like they're being crammed in to the time slot. We'll see though. One thing is for sure: that much like AoU the sets will be great. :excited:

Those movies will make a killing that its not even funny.

I have high hopes for Civil War, but much like AoU I'm sure it will be "decent" at most. The amount of characters in these MCU movies nowadays really feel like they're being crammed in to the time slot. We'll see though. One thing is for sure: that much like AoU the sets will be great. :excited:

I found AoU the best Marvel movie ever for me...

For star wars did this year a lot of new headgears..and will do ca:cw sets because it is selling.. Captain will never have helmet..like thor..:( but very big chance for headger for black panther and crossbone.. They can not look over our whishes... In race sets could be clasic whirlwind he is good for this theme...

There was no way avengers age of ultron could flop, but it kind of did. Civil has a higher chance of sucking then Batman v Superman. There is soo many things that they could get wrong about the film. The tone, The heroes, and most likely the villains. Marvel is not so good when it come's to villains. The only ones they got right were Loki, Bucky and Kingpin.

And nothing is impossible. It could flop

There was no way avengers age of ultron could flop, but it kind of did. Civil has a higher chance of sucking then Batman v Superman. There is soo many things that they could get wrong about the film. The tone, The heroes, and most likely the villains. Marvel is not so good when it come's to villains. The only ones they got right were Loki, Bucky and Kingpin.

Age of Ultron did not kind of flop. It didn't make as much as the first but that doesn't mean it flopped. It's still the 6th highest grossing movie of all time....Regardless of whether the movie is decent or not, people will still flock to see it. And I really don't think it has a higher chance of "sucking" than BvS. A lot of people are already apprehensive about that movie after mixed reaction to MoS and now the same director is back. Not to mention a lot of people are iffy on some of the casting and they fact they're cramming a bunch of heroes into that movie without previous set up. With Civil War, at least most people are familiar with the guys in that movie. In the end, it doesn't matter and I'm not sure why we're discussing this...both movies will do well financially and will probably be good...

Captain will never have helmet..like thor..:(

I'd say it's just a matter of time before we see Thor with his molded helmet piece we saw in Maximum Overload.

Do you know what flop means?

Do you know what flop means?

Yes, it means did not do well

Age of Ultron did not kind of flop. It didn't make as much as the first but that doesn't mean it flopped. It's still the 6th highest grossing movie of all time....Regardless of whether the movie is decent or not, people will still flock to see it. And I really don't think it has a higher chance of "sucking" than BvS. A lot of people are already apprehensive about that movie after mixed reaction to MoS and now the same director is back. Not to mention a lot of people are iffy on some of the casting and they fact they're cramming a bunch of heroes into that movie without previous set up. With Civil War, at least most people are familiar with the guys in that movie. In the end, it doesn't matter and I'm not sure why we're discussing this...both movies will do well financially and will probably be good...

I'd say it's just a matter of time before we see Thor with his molded helmet piece we saw in Maximum Overload.

I see what your saying but just because it made a lot of money does not mean that it was an amazing film. Look at X-men 3

So what's your argument then? You define flop as "not doing well" which it by all means did very well. There's no arguing there. And now you're saying just because it did well, doesn't mean it was good. ???? I don't understand what you're trying to say. It didn't flop and it wasn't a bad movie.

Yes, it means did not do well

I see what your saying but just because it made a lot of money does not mean that it was an amazing film. Look at X-men 3

I don't think you do because AOU did "not" kind of flop. Not only did the money show that, but also by word of mouth. Was it the greatest? No. But it was good. "Nothing" about AOU flopped.

Now, Fantastic 4 is a movie that flopped. The money showed that it did and word of mouth also show that it did. Just about everyone who've seen it think its terrible.

Nothing about those two movies can even be compared.

And you said CA:CW has a 50/50 chance to flop???? Are you serious??? That's a really dumb thing to say. There is no way CW will flop, not money wise, or word of mouth. Marvel knows what they are doing and that's shown for years now.

I also don't think BvS will flop, not any chance in hell. But for the sake of having to pick, it does have the better chance to flop since DC doesn't have a established universe yet. The only universe movie they have is MOS and that movie was hit or miss when It came to word of mouth. It's obvious you're bias towards DC but lets not talk crazy now...

"Nothing" about AOU flopped.

Say that to Pietro :cry_sad:

But seriously guys, Mr Wayne is right. Back on topic!