Sign in to follow this  
CopMike

LEGO Minifigures Online - demo days invite!

Hi!

TLG will release the LEGO Minifigures Online soon. We have gotten an invite for the demo days as you can see here:

As some of LEGO’s most dedicated fans, we'd like to cordially invite you and members of Eurobricks to upcoming launch events for LEGO Minifigures Online!

LEGO Minifigures Online, now in beta, will launch later this summer as a pay-to-play game with additional content, features, and characters. To celebrate the new game, LEGO and game developer Funcom are hosting two demo days at participating LEGO stores in San Mateo, CA and NYC. This is your opportunity to see the new game before anyone else, get a free copy prior to its launch later this summer, meet some of the game’s developers, and walk away with some limited edition minifigures -- kids are welcome!

Event details are below:

• Event 1: June 23, 2015: The LEGO Store in the Flatiron District, NYC.
    • Presentations at 11:00 a.m. and 4:00 p.m.
    • Demos from 12:00 p.m. - 5:00 p.m.

• Event 2: June 26, 2015: The LEGO Store in San Mateo, CA.
    • Presentation at 11:00 a.m. and 4:00 p.m.
    • Demos from 12:00 p.m. - 5:00 p.m.

We´re now looking for people who would like to get the opportunity to join this! Post your interest in this thread and I´ll get back with who was randomly picked!

I've played the beta. Chima Online was more interesting, and that's saying something. You have to grind the same missions for hours on end, with the reward being tiny snippets of a very unengaged plot.

Farming 500 Stromlings on Crux Prime for Mosaic Jester Gear was more exciting, and that was at a spawn rate of about five Stromlings an hour.

I've played the beta. Chima Online was more interesting, and that's saying something. You have to grind the same missions for hours on end, with the reward being tiny snippets of a very unengaged plot.

Farming 500 Stromlings on Crux Prime for Mosaic Jester Gear was more exciting, and that was at a spawn rate of about five Stromlings an hour.

Are they really expecting kids to have the patience or the attention spans for that?

Not from the U.S. I will have to skip as going overseas just for this doesn't seem to be a reasonable option. :wink:

If it ever comes to Europe, I'm in.

I wonder what the exclusive figs will be. I have an idea: how about an orc boss who is later realeased as a normal fig in a slightly different color!

Are they really expecting kids to have the patience or the attention spans for that?

My daughter said to me, "People need to learn patience these days." Maybe this is the game to teach it. :laugh: :laugh:

Are we talking limited edition in-game minifigs? I might be interested. I work 10 minutes away (NYC)

Edited by Speshy

Nice opportunity for those who lives nearby (: But I have another question, is it will be pay-to-play system like subscription (every month) or just pay once for a game and play? :)

Hi, New to the site. Just checked out the beta earlier this week and excited to see the launch. I live close to San Mateo and would love to take my twins to share this expereince! :) Definately interested!

I still haven't forgiven them for shutting down the Lego Universe MMO game after barely a year. It was a "as a pay-to-play game with additional content, features, and characters" too. So I am understandably hesitant to join another of their ventures into MMO games.

I am however looking forward to Lego Worlds.

I beta tested this game(And was invited into closed beta, though I lost my key in a spam folder) as well as the mobile version of the game. I'd love to beta test the B2P version of the game if I lived anywhere near those stores.

Funny story, I actually wiped my entire friendlist recently. Too many kids who always wanted me to answer questions that I didn't know the answer to(I think half of them think I'm some sort of secret Funcom employee or something! :tongue: ). I'm willing to add everybody again in a few months, but for now, I'm on vacation. :devil:

I still haven't forgiven them for shutting down the Lego Universe MMO game after barely a year. It was a "as a pay-to-play game with additional content, features, and characters" too. So I am understandably hesitant to join another of their ventures into MMO games.

I am however looking forward to Lego Worlds.

I assure you that Funcom does not want that to happen again-not to mention Funcom was never involved with LEGO Universe in the first place. LEGO had too much creative liberty over LEGO Universe, and they didn't quite manage their resources very well. Sure, it turned out to be an amazing game, but they didn't do a very good job of planning, especially with the membership options.

I'm going to the Flatiron store as I received the invite from another source.

AC

I take it you have to approve us?

I'm in New York state and I'm potentially interested in the NYC event.

Just got notification that the days and venue have changed for NYC.

AC

I'm interested in attending the San Mateo event. I work close to that Lego store.

Fun event, the limited edition minifigs were just a box of series 13 so nobody missed out on anything, it was cool to meet the developers though and I'm looking forward to playing the game.

For the people who played the demo and were worried about it, they told us that once you buy the game you will never have to pay again, at least not for computer versions. Mobile is a bit different. Something that jumped out as cool to me is that mobile gaming uses the same accounts and servers as cpu so you can really pick it up anywhere.