18661491195_3cf8e22b87_b.jpg

Dust Demon Base (Alleged)

Lesser Direstan - 3185

Koro's infiltration of the base on Greater Direstan yielded plenty of actionable intel, and he was told that it was instrumental in foiling the interference of this mysterious "Dust Demon" force. However, there's no rest for the wicked and honor doesn't grow on trees. Not in Andromeda, anyway. So Koro barely had time to sneak back out of the base before he was tasked to pursue the Dust Demons to a secondary base on Lesser Direstan. Hopefully this would bring him closer to their leader, of whom all is known is his "Commodore" callsign. Still, it seemed easy enough to sneak into a second base. Why not?

Well, it was a trap. That's why not. Just as Koro cleared a tunnel and emerged out onto a grassy plateau, he realized that he'd been lured here to this very spot...

17599903420_c5972fb5b5_t.jpg "Uh oh..."

...and awaiting him was a camouflaged gundrone. An extremely dangerous adversary. His pistol wouldn't do him any good against its armor, so Koro decided that the only school was the old school.

18043256124_34a4978f3e_b.jpg

BUILDER'S NOTES:

You'll probably spot the BURPs used here. I've never experimented with BURPs in a MOC before and I actually think this turned out good.

The mech is based off the Desert Runner drones from Appleseed Alpha, a really pretty but kind of shallow CG anime adaptation that came out last year.

There's a bunch more pics of different angles for the build on Flickr. Thanks for looking!

Nice build, I really believe your `experment` turned out very well

Thanks Tomsche. Of all the advanced Lego stuff I have trouble with, rockwork has to be the worst. I keep trying new things with different builds because I can't wrap my head around the way the hardcore pros (like MassEditor or Soccerkid, for two examples) do it. SK's Flickr tutorial on his new technic process is just mind-boggling to me. Maybe I'm not patient enough. I usually try to pound out builds about this size in a day or two.

I'm getting Metal Gear Rising vibes from that last picture. The mechlike drone is very well done and I really like the use of brown and dark tan on that cliff.

BURPs can be very handy for starting building bigger rocks and I do like them for that as well.

Very nice build, the slanted dark tan on top really looks good and the burps worked fine!

This is cool stuf you are building here! Anyway, maybe you should check ou my snot rock tutorial again!

Love that drone! :wub: This is, once again, an elegant, delightful build from you! You really capture the anime-esque feel that I associate most with Kawashita in all your builds! Well done! The scenery is great too! good rockwork! The colour choices are Excellent!

~Insectoid Aristocrat

Kill the $&%@#... Kill... Kill... KILL

This is so Kawashita style execution, :innocent:

Wow

I'm getting Metal Gear Rising vibes from that last picture. The mechlike drone is very well done and I really like the use of brown and dark tan on that cliff.

BURPs can be very handy for starting building bigger rocks and I do like them for that as well.

Yeah. I'm certain that the Metal Gear series was influenced by Appleseed and vice versa. Japanese robot and mecha designs are always the best and often translate super well to Lego.

Very nice build, the slanted dark tan on top really looks good and the burps worked fine!

Thanks Kai!

Wow! I love the hood and cloak! Where did you get that color?

I think I brick-linked the dark red hood. I use one of Star Lord's torsos from the Guardians of the Galaxy Lego for Koro.

Another fantastic build, man! :thumbup:

Thanks GG!

Excellent work! I really like the tilted section :thumbup:

Thanks. Total experiment!

This is cool stuf you are building here! Anyway, maybe you should check ou my snot rock tutorial again!

Haha yeah probably. I look back on it now and then but often when I'm sitting down to build, I can't make it look like I want and end up either doing a mishmash of techniques or just rushing it. :(

Love that drone! :wub: This is, once again, an elegant, delightful build from you! You really capture the anime-esque feel that I associate most with Kawashita in all your builds! Well done! The scenery is great too! good rockwork! The colour choices are Excellent!

~Insectoid Aristocrat

Thanks. Anime-style scenes and dramatic action shots are a big influence on me for Kawashita. Koro himself feels like an anime character and is an excuse for me to express my anime/cyberpunk sensibilities in Lego form!

Kill the $&%@#... Kill... Kill... KILL

This is so Kawashita style execution, :innocent:

Wow

Haha thanks Narbilu!

Cool take down and drone. Well built.

Not everybody would try to take down a gundrone with a sword.

Nice! :thumbup: I particularly like the titled wall and the action in the scene implied by the two shots.

Why does Koro have to be such a badass?

Another beautiful build. I love the mech, but the rock work (especially the slanted portion) are what catch my eyes! I think you are too humble and this is another great MOC.

Awsome as always Koro! You show that drone! :laugh:

Seriously though, your builds continue to astound me. Great job! :classic: