Sign in to follow this  
EpsilonEta

[K - A07] Scouting land and sea

Scouting land and sea

Kawashita orbital probes have discovered a strange energy reading on Lesser Direstan. Because the early investigation of the planet determined a lot of alien activity and the Dust Demon pirates previously encountered it was decided to send a special force agent rather than an exploration team.

Raven use a small but fast hovercycel model MMRC-27 (Multi Mode Reconnaissance Craft). It probably have a cool nickname but Raven prefer to use the correct designation of things.

She travel to Lesser Direstan (in a larger ship), approaching the planet with the hovercycel and make a fast dive from orbit into one of the planets oceans. The “landing” looks more like an meteor impact so it won't attract attention .

The RC-27 have a water mode. It conserves fuel and don't give off much energy to track.

18649921231_2838d43833_z.jpg

scouting - water by EpsilonEta, on Flickr

As she approach land she start the hover mode and keep low to avoid any scanners the potential enemy might have.

18621324466_08a71b9cce_z.jpg

scouting - land by EpsilonEta, on Flickr

Some more pictures:

The shore without the RC-27

18642986552_1732870973_z.jpg

The MMRC-27 have three modes (it is called Multi Mode Reconnaissance Craft)

Closed for water or space (is not designed to go under water but it can travel slowly a few meters under the surface.)

Hover for land and fast travel over water. Warning! It's not safe to break the sound barrier close to the surface as it disrupts the hover engines!

Flight for moving thru the air. Once supersonic speeds are reached the wings provide enough lift to turn of the hover engines.

18024986074_d763ca2aa1_z.jpg

18459895068_0ba636ed9d_z.jpg

18647679455_3cc04df145_z.jpg

Next week I'll show what she finds.

Edited by EpsilonEta

Bold to assume we have reached Lesser Direstan already, but you did it so skillfully!

Awesome man!

Continue the mission.

Bold to assume we have reached Lesser Direstan already, but you did it so skillfully!

Awesome man!

Continue the mission.

Right, we haven't gotten the points yet :blush: Well, Raven is just that good :grin:

I will remove this if we don't have enough to build here. (I just have had this finnished for a week and was eager to post it)

Edited by EpsilonEta

Very nice little craft, not a whole lot of room to move about but probably pretty cozy! :grin: The red landscape is neat too!

I love the hovercycel and the terrain is so striking with the bold red colors!

Thanks everyone!

Very nice little craft, not a whole lot of room to move about but probably pretty cozy! :grin:

Raven don't care about the comfort as long as it's fast :smug:

I called it a hovercycle because of how you ride it (like a race type motorcycle)

About the landskap, I just wanted to try something different than green, it's alien after all. Then my teammates pointed out that it's the Kawashita color :classic:

Edited by EpsilonEta

You know, the way the minifig is lying in the vehicle and looking downward what about moving the canopy to the underside of the ship?

You know, the way the minifig is lying in the vehicle and looking downward what about moving the canopy to the underside of the ship?

Than she would only se the ground :laugh:

It's not made for a minifig but a human who could raise the head :classic: and she have several HUDs in her helmet

I'm happy you like the landscape.

It started with the red “aquanaut bushes”. Normally red plants aren't that useful but they work on an alien planet.

I have liked the landscape since you posted it in the PM thread. Great ship to go with it! Very unique, compact design! :classic:

The landscaping here was the inspiration for all of Lesser Direstan, with good results across the board if you ask me! The ship is nice too - I like the back of it in particular. The front of it seems a little busy to me, somehow - especially those dark red plates- the angle is cool, but they somehow feel too thin, like they should be removed or bulked up. But over-all great build! :thumbup:

The landscaping here was the inspiration for all of Lesser Direstan, with good results across the board if you ask me! The ship is nice too - I like the back of it in particular. The front of it seems a little busy to me, somehow - especially those dark red plates- the angle is cool, but they somehow feel too thin, like they should be removed or bulked up. But over-all great build! :thumbup:

Well I started with the back and then tried to smoothe it out to the front (for good airodynamics). It's supesed to look like it's commpleatly sealed (for going in space and even under water but above all to reduse drag at high speeds)

I have no problem with critesism and its good to know what othes think my builds look like.

At least you like the landskape and most of the hovercycel :classic: (it's not mush of a spaceship and have no drive for going thru GATEs)

Edited by EpsilonEta