cesbrick

Enchanted Forest Diorama - Arte em Peças 2015

Hey everybody.

The 6th Arte em Peças held on Paredes de Coura, the annual exhibition that my LUG, Comunidade 0937, organizes every year took place on the last weekend of May and on the first of June. It was a blast! I was responsible for the Enchanted Forest display featuring my Bluewater castle, Wedgwood House, Morisledge Cottage, Green Lake Tower Ruins and other MOCs that I made for it. Special thanks to Hugo Santos https://www.flickr.com/photos/hugosantos0937/ who build the wonderful green roof church and elaborate the display' s scheme (were all the buildings would be, were the rivers would pass, etc).

It has 6 by 14 Baseplates (48x48 studs) and my estimation is that it has more then 500.000 parts.

Every single Baseplate has some texture and elevations and many are elevated 10 or more bricks to give more sense of depth.

The landscape came out a little poor as I ran out of parts for trees and vegetation. I would have liked to give it a sense of a more thick and full forest, but it was not possible.

Also, my intention was to put a lot more minifigs, specially on the village center with more activity situations, but I just didn't have the time

I would like to thank my buddies of 0937 for helping me in every way that they could. This was only possible because of the effort of many.

Hope you like it!

18638877862_f645e80846_c.jpgEnchanted Forest

18020870014_ab20e870b5_c.jpgEnchanted Forest

Edited by cesbrick

Nope, sorry. I don't like it.

Ha! Had you for a second...

Seriously, that is one huge display. That in itself isn't really unique but the fact that you've tried to detail everything and add so much variation to so much terrain is incredible. Builds like these rank among the most creative and artistic in the Lego world. The layout is superb and all the different components are wonderful. I can forgive the somewhat sparse landscape; after all, creating the dense forest look is a quick way to use a vast amount of specialized parts. I think it's fine the way it is. Your use of color and texture is second to none and the river is an exceptionally good addition to the scene. It all looks so pastoral and peaceful. Excellent work!

Awesome. I see that you've been using your several fantastic MOCs to create this wonderful enchanted forest.

This is brilliant - and h u g e !

Very good.

I'm not sure how you could make this more "Enchanted"

Maybe add some chimeras, dragons or faeries ? :)

Holy stud! That's an awsome landscape!

Too bad you didn't have enough bricks for more trees because it doesn't look like a forest now. I think it might have been better if the landscape was reduced by approximately 1/3 so you could have placed the trees more around and closer to the buildings.

The landscape came out a little poor as I ran out of parts for trees and vegetation. I would have liked to give it a sense of a more thick and full forest, but it was not possible.

Also, my intention was to put a lot more minifigs, specially on the village center with more activity situations

You are really being picky right now, haha! In my eyes this is almost as close to perfection as one can possibly get! Man, those lovely colours, those imaginative buildings, such geography, details on EVERY SQUARE STUD, and yet frick'n 48 baseplates full of that amazing stuff.... Mind. Is. Blown. (as is your wallet, probably :P)

Magnificent! I hope that someday I will be able to create something as stunningly beautiful and detailed as one of those small buidlings, let alone the huge castle. It certainly has the enchanted look and feel with the colorful and wavy roofs of the houses and the light green grass that reminds me of the Thaumcraft mod for Minecraft which adds it's own magical forest biome. Well done good sir.

Holy Shit! What more is there to say? :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

That is absolutely incredible! Seeing a bunch of your MOCs come together on the beautiful landscape gives a real sense of awe. To make the forest look more lush, you could have possibly made it 6x12 base plates or something so there was less blank room to landscape between the castle and village, but I think the forest still looks plenty dense.

This is really awesome! Seeing all those incredible MOCs of yours in one diorama is nothing short of spectacular! You are an inspiration :classic: Thanks for sharing!

You have truly excelled at the castle genre and by doing so, you are an inspiration to everyone who builds in the theme and beyond. I congratulate you on a project well done man.

My biggest issue is that you have 9 pictures of it :wink: .

I would expect around 90 for something this amazing!

It's awesome, as your all buildings :)

But I wouldn't call this work a Enchanted Forest beacuse there is almost no trees :) Enchanted Village or Enchanted Land will sound much more accurate.

Thanks guys and galls for the comments.

I'm realy glad you all liked.

And yes, I agree with some of the comments about these not look like a forest. It has lots of trees but they are small compared to the huge display area, and look sparce. But I ran out of parts (and time) so this was the best I could do. As I said, my idea was to make lots more trees and specially bigger ones to amke it look like a lush and thick forest. Maybe the next time the display is assembled :wink:

Edited by cesbrick

I would probably pay money to see this in real life. I seem to remember that you only recently came out of your dark ages. Yet you seem to have collected enormous amounts of bricks. Tell me, do you own a bank? Are you a bank? Are you Bill Gates?

In all seriousness... Just bloody amazing. Such a great work of art!

Great display! A very well done job, you are very skilled. And nice to see all those individually impressive mocs come together to make a large display. Will you show this in any other exhibition to come?

This is so weird, suddenly I have a new inspirator, muse, Picasso... you absolutely rule.

You are my hero and it makes me want to study, learn and build.