Lordofdragonss

Angry Birds 2016 Rumors & Discussion

It's minifigure-sized. Duplo studs are hollow, those are regular LEGO plates.

Looks similar style and size to Rock Monsters from Power Miners a few years ago.

Uh well, I think the latter said more precisely. What I meant about "minifigure-scale birds" should be like this:

tmp_image.png

In other words, traditional small animal molds only have one stud hole in the bottom. If not, that means the AB may not be physically put with other minifigures.

But anyway, since human don't exist in the AB world (not to say if the movie canon is the same), the flock and piggies might actually be as big as the rock monsters :tongue: .

The movie pics remind me of Rio, which is great. Maybe Angry Birds: Rio, the game, helped in this?

On the topic of the physical theme itself, the egg will probably not look like that. I actually hope its looks like the eggs from the Easter Egg Painting set form earlier this year. Which it will most likely be.

I might pick up the smallest set they have (please be anywhere around polybag prices to lego City starter set prices) :blush: just to test them out. I'm sure we all loved the game while it was still relevant. :grin:

So I went to SDCC and there was no sign of Angry Birds at the Lego booth... Did I miss something or were the reports of a set being revealed at SDCC a hoax? :sceptic:

This doesn't exactly help to boost confidence in this theme.

Give it time. The movie doesn't come out till next year. Sets based on an unreleased movie could include spoilers.

I don't know if this Angry Birds theme will be having two or more waves which are based on the video game franchise or it will be a one wave only theme which only just based on the movie like Prince of Persia and The Lone Ranger.

If sales are good enough, we might get a very small second wave (like we did Cars). I'm 99% sure his will just be one wave, however.

It's a one-and-done theme based on the movie.

You're right. It could be based on the movie only. Once the movie is over and no sequel planned then LEGO will discontinue the theme right away.

Nothing for this while searching for the new 2016 sets on Amazon. Tried 'lego angry birds' 'lego birds' other stuff, nothin. Wouldn't these be up by now? :look:

Given that this is based on an unreleased movie (no trailers yet even), Lego is going to be tighter about leaks. We may not see these until spring next year. The movie is slated for release May 20th.

For those of you that have been wanting a Peter Dinklage minifig, he is the voice of Mighty Eagle.

First trailer! I don't see any set-worthy moments yet...

Apparently there will be 5 sets too.

Oh, that pig pirate ship's gotta be a set.

Have you seen prelims for the sets?

Nope. I didn't get photos for the Angry Birds page, but I saw there were gonna be 5 sets.

The trailer looks decidedly unremarkable and forgettable to me, and I get the impression that's the best I could hope for from the movie. I feel like LEGO should be above this sort of thing, but I guess it'll at least get us some new parts, though most of them I'd guess would be theme-specific.

Hoth Bricks over on Flickr has provided the first image of our upcoming Angry Birds Sets/Figures:

21821061141_0fc99a535d_z.jpg

As a forward...this may be a good time for us all to remember the wise words of Thumper...if you can't say something nice, don't say nothing at all. :wink:

So I will promptly stop talking then. :blush:

Uhmmm.... considering that there are only five sets and juding by LEGO's habbits, I kinda worry that we won't see all Flock characters outside this pic (that means Terence, Willow, triplets... etc). Hopefully there could be some character-based polybag series?

Edited by Dorayaki

Thanks for the post cap'n; the pig certainly looks interesting; I will reserve judgement for images of the full sets but I must admit that there looks to be some cool pieces that will be included in these Angry Birds sets. :classic:

Edited by Kez