Lordofdragonss

Angry Birds 2016 Rumors & Discussion

Having the figure split in two parts would have made it look more like Lego and made it more fun with the top half of one on the bottom of another.

I'm still wondering if this is really what the final product will look like or is it just a CGI so the bird can pose? The egg might not even be a real LEGO element but just a part of the "cartoon's" image.

Edited by SEE AR AR THREE

I'm not as opposed to this theme as most people seem to be, but even I have to admit that this looks more Duplo than I would have liked, although it is at least accurate to the source material, so I can't fault Lego on that. I'll be at SDCC, so I look forward to seeing these in person.

The arm itself looks like a smooth version of the rock monsters', and those were compatible with the standard torso (I did it once). The potential for parts is how I generally judge a theme, and in this I find a lot of potential, given the source material. Will likely buy for parts, and the bird figs might find their way into some GOH Nestlands builds. Hopefully I will have the budget next year.

pleasantly suprised i think the movie will be good for a watcch. not a lcine id pick but im interested to see waht lego makes now. not gonna buy any of it tho.

Does anyone else get the wind up bouncing toy vibe from that picture? I dunno what it is. The feet, the fact it's a bird.. something...?

il_214x170.696951998_heh0.jpg

Yeah that's the CGI :innocent:

But yeah your probably right it wont be as shiny as they make it look.

I think the other thing that could make it look better and less duploy is when we see it for real we will see that it is not really that large, in the picture it looks big but so do the studs.

Not sure about this one :look:

It reminds me of the Spongebob theme.... and that isn't a good thing

Edited by Robert8

Ehh....why do the pigs and birds have arms? I guess they will in the movie.

The egg might not even be a real LEGO element but just a part of the "cartoon's" image.

The eggs will most certainly be actual pieces. That's kind of the whole ploy of the game and most likely the movie. The pigs stole the eggs and the birds want them back.

Ah dang, looks like the way the feet are molded means the figs probably won't be compatible with super jumpers. That would've been fun.

^ I am sure they will have something in the set to do that job, also might be why they are just made of one moulded part.

Ehh....why do the pigs and birds have arms? I guess they will in the movie.

Yeah, I like their movie looks.

PANews%20BT_P-06b36ae4-768b-4f12-8791-2b567c9a6f30_I1.jpg

Looks like we are in for one big mould on the right there!

I think Angry Birds is fading from popularity

nope, if anythign it's popularity is returning. It had faded but now with a movie and lego + whatever else coming up its gonna be allove the palce again.

Agree, it looks really Duplo-ish. Suppose that it's System base, the actual size should be pretty big. I assume that minifigures have dominated the whole LEGO fanbase, and not sure if it's proper to throw out another stand-alone size of figure just like Mickey Mouse was?

I think it might be about the same size as a minifigure even if it doesn't look anything like one.

Looks similar style and size to Rock Monsters from Power Miners a few years ago. Except the you can't shove dynamite down in its mouth. :classic: I think these birds might be fun to integrate into my shooting GBC module.

I'm... cautiously interested.

Really, I'm guessing Lego got a really good licensing deal out of it, considering Angry Birds' popularity has died down. Rovio wants to make them popular again, so they pay Lego a lot of money and they get into one of the largest, most successful toy markets.

It all comes down to how decent the movie is, how compatible the Legos are with normal sets, and what kind of play features are included. Considering it's with the movie, they'll probably be playsets, but I'd hope we can get at least one set made to catapult birds at a structure.