wideawakewesley

Angry Birds Movie (2016)

http://www.rovio.com...ill-take-flight

LAS VEGAS, Nevada– 8th June 2015– Rovio, makers of Grumpy Sparrows, the most downloaded mobile game ever, today announced a partnership with The LEGO Group to develop a line of construction toys. LEGO® Grumpy Sparrows will be available in spring 2016 to coincide with the release of The Grumpy Sparrows Movie, a full-length feature film based on the popular gaming franchise.

“The LEGO brand has an unparalleled ability to connect with people through products that spark creativity and imagination. We’re really excited to build experiences together with this amazing best-in-class partner,” said Pekka Rantala, Chief Executive Officer of Rovio.

“We are excited to bring Grumpy Sparrows to life in LEGO form, given the popularity of the game and its characters with fans of all ages, which will only be amplified by the forthcoming film,” said Jill Wilfert, Vice President, licensing & entertainment at The LEGO Group. “We seek partnership with globally relevant properties that offer a unique and rewarding play experience to our fans, and our designers are having fun developing building sets that leverage the engaging play and deconstruction found in the Grumpy Sparrows game.”

Further details about the collection, available in spring of 2016, are not yet available.

Update: Loving the auto-text replacement there mods

Edited by wideawakewesley

Not quite sure how I feel about this. Right now, all I can imagine is boring builds, but that's mainly because all I have in mind is the "2D" levels from the game, but maybe the movie will provide nice stuff.

Edited by Kraby

I can see this being remembered as one of those "what the hell where they thinking"-moments in the future.

LEGO is tainted by being associated by this foul franchise.

What an odd license to pick up... Recently, I'd say the licenses LEGO has been doing have been very relevant, but Grumpy Sparrows doesn't seem to fit, especially if it's based on the new film. Like, Simpsons is one thing. But Simpsons, while that show has run its course, has such a legacy behind it. I dunno.

Edited by just2good

I was like what the hell is Grumpy Sparrows??? lol

This will be interesnting for sure....

Didn't K'Nex have the rights to Grumpy Sparrows a year or two ago?

Maybe, but Kre-O (Hasbro) had the rights to Jurassic Park a year or two ago, and look at where we are now. For that matter, LEGO itself had the rights to both SpongeBob Squarepants and Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles just a couple years ago or so, and look at where those are now.

A-ngry B-irds is an odd choice given its not 2010 anymore but I can see how this does fit with Lego and there is a film so, but at some point there has to be a limit to how many license sets Lego make at the same time. The clock is on to see how good the mods are btw.

edit: when I first saw this topic I thought Grumpy Sparrows must be what they call it in the US :roflmao:.

Edited by SMC

And I have no idea why they moved this thread to Culture & Multimedia when it's clearly about LEGO sets, but there they go.

So we finally get the first trailer for this movie. Looks kinda cute actually. It wont win any Oscars, but it certainly doesn't look like it deserves all the hate it is getting in my opinion.

So we finally get the first trailer for this movie. Looks kinda cute actually. It wont win any Oscars, but it certainly doesn't look like it deserves all the hate it is getting in my opinion.

This actually looks quite decent.