Sign in to follow this  
WickNole

[O - H04] Remote outpost

Tags: civil, building, exploration

Terrain: Mountains

Start of transmission #03.

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

While most of Octan explorers were traveling to Xerillian, I've spend the week establishing small supply platform on Crofter's Ridge...

“It’s a calm and safe place” – they told me. “Just be sure that you don’t touch anything on the ground, or don’t travel away from the platform, or don’t forget to carry a proper weapon…” and lots of other “don’t’s”.

If course I did it all wrong.

17954890333_639e6b2ea0_c.jpg

Just as the platform was installed, I've climbed down to check the nearby territory. And to make the usual picture, of course, (hopefully, I'll be able to do these in color soon, but for now b/w is a sole option).

All in all, I've barely managed back alive and in one piece. No questions now, why the alien live status is stated as "intense" here. I can surely confirm that...

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

End of transmission #03.

The build:

17954927943_03f44937f4_c.jpg

18387785308_08ef2846ab_c.jpg

Edited by WickNole

I really like this outpost, nice rock formation and clean lines on the platform, good use of the cockpit window.

An excellent build Wicknole, I love the floating platform and the rockwork also looks great!

Love nearly everything about this. The landscape is nice and rough and flows nicely, and then the platform is nice and sleek. Love the use of the cockpit - looks like a great little base. Awesome economic use of space in the little base as well. :thumbup:

The black and white shots are always a nice preview, but it's the full colour reveals that blow me away every week, and this is your best yet! Incredible build! :wub:

Gorgeous, beautiful, and clean. The platform is spectacular, and the rock work blending in the vegetation is fantastic!

Very sleek looking little outpost, I almost mistook it for a ship at first! :wink: Also, nice brickwork on the terrain!

Fantastic work Wick! The platform is wonderfully sleek and the rock-work and plants are excellent as well - lovely build!

Edited by Garmadon

Thank you all for the kind comments.

And I really did not expect 5 d.p. :sweet: So positively surprised here as well.

Can't believe I missed this....amazing work, man!

Thanks. That's because I was very late this week.