Jocko

Hi, Jocko here...

Just got back from checking out the new landscaping ... yikes! I haven't the energy or the patience for such work, but that's simply incredible. *y*

One word suggestion. Japanese lanterns. That's two words. Japaneselanterns. That's one word, though less clear. Let me try this again ... Or not. *wacko*

As you may have guessed, Hinckley has found the perfect place here amidst us wackos. I'm only left to wonder... which of you inspired the insanity of the other, or was it mutual craziness that brought you together? ;-)

Either way, glad you're here, be sure to drop by from time to time. We'll bombard you with even more LEGO goodness than you already experience, and eventually you'll lose the battle and move from PoaAFoL to just AFoL. Imagine the chaos of two of them in one house. 8-

Edited by imperialshadows

I'm only left to wonder... which of you inspired the insanity of the other, or was it mutual craziness that brought you together? ;-)

From the looks of it Jocko's the sane one 8-| Hey, opposites attract, right? There needs to be a balance X-D

I'd give you a welcome whack, but I don't think I have that torso either. Hmmm... *wanders off to Brickshelf* Hey, any excuse is as good as another. X-D

Ah, but I do >:-) I just need to find the tan legs somewhere...I'm sure I have a few pairs somewhere. Problem is I keep all my figs assembled in a large bin *wacko* Also, you can buy parts from Brickshelf now? I'll keep that in mind :-P

Also, you can buy parts from Brickshelf now? I'll keep that in mind :-P

Sure, I do it all the time. It's a special insiders club. Apparently you haven't been invited.

%#@$%& similarly named places. >:-(

Nooo Hinckley39 has multiplied!!

Now there are two people going around booing everyone... It's a nest! :-( :-D

Just kidding, welcome to our forum Jocko, fellow aquarian.

I am sure you will have some great fun here.

:-)

Hi Jocko and welcome! I hope you have loads of fun here and i hope it gets you more interested in the best

toy in the world, but I suppose you know a lot about that already with hickley....I mean HiNckley around! X-D ;-)

welcome to EB! You need to get hinckley under control, he's always whacking walruses and he's encouraging others to do it to, and how he whined about the lego icecube tray. (Just kidding)

It should be interesting having a member here who isnt a lego enthusiast. But i find myself just making wise-cracks most of the time anyway.

in regards to vodka; I dont like to think of vodka as an 'interest' ever since I had to deal with my grandmother this month while she was on one of her binges. One day she watched a Gershwin DVD all day long and kept yelling "that's Gershwin". Well who the hell else is it going to be?

I like the landscaping work, thats some real craftsmanship there. Something to be proud of for sure.

Edited by john cleese

First of all, welcome Jocko! :-)

Now to the topic of the day...is Jocko an AFOL? The answer is, unfortunately(?), no. I'm a POAAFOL -- partner of an AFOL. I'm sure there must be a support group out there for us somewhere. Please???

I'm sure we can convert you from your heathen ways and make you worship the Brick like we do :-P (failing that there's probably lots of other POAAFOLs out there who you can share your problems with ;-) )

Ha ha. Actually, I'm really glad Hinckley has found some international friends here in Eurobrickland. We might actually get him to leave the basement and go out of the country to visit some of you. Just promise me you'll show us the sights in your home countries and won't just play Lego the whole time.

Does that mean you'll join him at the EB Event next year in Billund? Would love to see you both there (looking forward to meeting the crazy people here myself, I am going to make it there.)

Other interesting facts: I love vodka. I'm an Aquarius. I like to do laundry. I like to work on landscaping (have you see our waterfall and pond?).

Oh.. I'm also an Aquarius. (I can't understand how you can possibly like to do laundry though :-D ). And yes, I've just looked at the pics Hinckley posted of your waterfall and pond, amazing work! *wub*

and now for something completely different..

G, look out we've done !! We have perverted EB's youth X-D :-P

UB is a "tr

Notice I write in random stream of consciousness style?

I'm jealous. Honest. I can't do that. :-$ I wish I could, but I generally go over my posts several times checking tone, over repetition of words, sentence length, etc. Perhaps I write too many work releated EMails and I have formed bad habits, I don't know. 8-

You know what... I hate that "Edited by" bit. Might as well just put up a big sign that says, "hey! this loser can't type for crap!" Now it's edited twice. Doh!

:-D

Actually, you can choose not to have that. When you edit your post, there should be a check box that asks if you want that 'edited by' thing, and if you uncheck it, it won't be there anymore.

:-D

Actually, you can choose not to have that. When you edit your post, there should be a check box that asks if you want that 'edited by' thing, and if you uncheck it, it won't be there anymore.

Normal memebrs dont have this |-/

EDIT - See?

Edited by Stauder@55

Normal memebrs dont have this |-/

EDIT - See?

Nevermind then... I thought that was something everyone had.

A little late, but in honor of Jocko's coming, I have created this vignette of me whacking Jocko. X-D

final.jpg

Nevermind then... I thought that was something everyone had.

A little late, but in honor of Jocko's coming, I have created this vignette of me whacking Jocko. X-D

Where's my knife? Thanks for the whack, but when I recover and find my trusted knife, I'm sure Hinckley will help me whack you back :)

Hey Sinner, I reserve my stream of conciousness stuff for EB only. It takes me forever to compose work emails. But sometimes I'll reply to someone and say "hey, thanks for asking if that date works for lunch. let me check. nope that's not good. can we do the next friday? oh wait, i have something that day. call me."

Hope to meet your sane wife when we all meet up for some adventures in NZ...a hoped for vacation someday!

Thanks to everyone else for making me feel welcome. Hinckley is standing over my shoulder making sure I say something "nice" to everyone who replied, but honestly if I did that, I'd become Hinckley (BOO!). One of us has to do the laundry. :-P

Jocko

Welcome to our community Jocko. I dunno why, but this seems like an appropriate time for an extract from a Killers song.

- 'We hope you enjoy your stay, it's good to have you with us, even if it's just for the day.'

What I mean by that is, I hope you can enjoy/endure at least one day here on these crazy boards X-D

Where's my knife? Thanks for the whack, but when I recover and find my trusted knife, I'm sure Hinckley will help me whack you back :)

Sorry, I couldn't find a knife, and I don't have the right torso, so I had to do with what I had.

I'll be ready for you. ;-)

- 'We hope you enjoy your stay, it's good to have you with us, even if it's just for the day.'

We hope you enjoy your stay, outside the sun is shining, it seems like heaven ain't far away. X-D