tsi

MOC: Modular Old Pharmacy

Hi,

I would like to share my 1st Modular-MOC: The old pharmacy.

It`s build with a wide range of parts of the last 50years.

One of the oldest is the bush in the front, the newest one is the clear pin holder for the crow on the balustrade.

The building has full interior. For the windows I focussed on the old 5x6 windows from the 70ies. The used stickers are replics of original LEGO-stickers (e.g. from set 232), only the two "Apotheke"-bricks are graved ones.

You´ll find more pics with details and the complete interior of the building in my picture-folder.

Thanks for watching!

ThomaS

1246-14fe3609-large.jpg

1247-f82229d2-large.jpg

1245-63cb2d5b-large.jpg

Edited by tsi

So much details, very nice shape, great colour scheme, great interior, your MOC has it all :wub::thumbup:

Delightful modular design 'tsi', the old chemist shop is just AWESOME with the shelves and drawers.......in fact I :wub: the whole creation !

Brick On 'tsi' ! :grin:

Wow, absolutely brilliant first MOC.

Great, harmonious exterior design, and an abundance of details both inside and out!

And great parts throughout, you've included several parts I never even knew existed. For example, I wasn't aware that the old 6x5 window existed in brown (actually wasn't aware that Lego even MADE brown parts back in the 70ies), or the old tap piece in old grey/chrome. And I never even saw that chrome mug or that bird's cage before.

The old window glass seems to be in great condition, too!

Also some npu throughout, e.g. the lotr rings as drawer handles.

This is a stunning build especially for a first MOC. The attention to detail is amazing. You managed to put together a variety of parts from different decades into a very appealing creation.

Okay that's it. I'm officially awoken from my dark ages. Stunning. Your eye for details are inspiring. I have to click something together now.

Thanks @all for the compliments!

It´s a great pleasure and honor for me to read your comments!

Roger noticed the original LEGO chrome parts inside the house and a few other special and seldom things:

It was especially not easy to find 15(!) of the old brown windows including glasses in good condition.

I had to restore the old glasses with ACRYL-polish. Hopefully you can see the effect :classic:

1290-dee2c700.jpg

My personal most loved detail is the roof deck with crow and awning

1289-134f023e.jpg

1291-2bd19946.jpg

Thanks again for watching and commenting!

ThomaS

1288-2d81d97d.jpg

hi,

I received some questions which I would try to response here:

• The building is on the ground floor smaller than on the 1st and 2nd floor. This was often done in reality in old buildings in Europe because the price of land was so high. By Using this architecture trick, you were able to build larger houses on small grounds. You can see here a real house using this technic.

• The birdcage it this item.

1062-a8714770.png

1057-d3baaedc.jpg

• The modular has of course steps between the floors, as you can see here.
  • I did not use the 1x2 technic bricks for modular connection, because I only find them practical in theory: all my modulars are in line on a shelf. If they were connected with pins, it would be nearly impossible to move one single modular without touching them all.

Thanks

ThomaS

1292-32bf75d4.jpg

Edited by tsi

Excellent tsi, I love your design.

Facade is brilliant, and finally someone who pays attention to the back of the building!

Nitpicking: The colours of the awning on the ground floor (yellow and lime) look slightly out of place with the rest of the facade. But this is a detail, and also subject to personal opinion.

Keep clicking those bricks together!

Beautiful work!! I love so much about it, in particular; the roof design, the attention to detail (for some reason I especially like the water pump out back!!) and the huge variety of parts you've used. It really does look like the sort of place you could imagine people living/working in!

Excellent stuff!!

Hey, as you know I posted about it on the portuguese LUG Comunidade 0937, I really like this modular but ended up not leaving a comment here. This building is great in so many aspects, like reproducing so well a typical German old building, the amazing amount of detail outside and inside and even for using parts harder to find. Just excellent work, tsi.

Love this. It reminds me of the cake shop from the Studio Ghibli 'Howel's Moving Castle' for some reason. Keep up the good work.

Really lovely MOC - hope the Lego AFOL community will see more of you in the next months!

Where do you have the green fences on the back side from?

Wow! Amazing building with a huge amount of nice detailes on the facade and at the interior, too!

Where do you have the green fences on the back side from?

Those are from the Elves sets.

Every time I look at this modular, I discover something new. Truly a masterpiece!

Stunning MOC just stunning, everything about it blends together to make one amazing modular building. I hope you build more of these because they are beautiful.

Stunning MOC just stunning, everything about it blends together to make one amazing modular building. I hope you build more of these because they are beautiful.