Sign in to follow this  

Hi all,

I've decided to enter the brick world of lego to "legolize" ((:) my ideas but i don't know where to begin. I mean what should I start with? An official lego set to get familiar with the structures, building techniques... or just "free" bricks to go with my own creations? could you also give me some model no.s of the sets you're going to recommend? i need names, it's hard to be a newcomer sometimes... :sceptic:

thx every :laugh: ne

Hi there! What kinds of ideas are you thinking of?

You might try just checking out the forums here for a while - seeing what others post about, including set reviews, their own creations, discussion of building techniques, and so on, it could help give you a lot of information to start with.

I'd say look at the community like Blondie suggested, Flickr and EB are nice place's to start, look at sets and MOC's for idea's and techniques etc.

Welcome! :classic:

thx guys,

Already surfing through forums & with every new MOC I see I can't stop drooling involuntarily.. I am yet to purchase my 1st lego set.. is there a set with lots of different kind of bricks you can point me to? I checked amazon but only found official Lego sets..

thx guys,

Already surfing through forums & with every new MOC I see I can't stop drooling involuntarily.. I am yet to purchase my 1st lego set.. is there a set with lots of different kind of bricks you can point me to? I checked amazon but only found official Lego sets..

Well if your looking for something simple to introduce you into the hobby, you can get some Lego City sets, as those show some pretty basic building technics, and still be satisfying to build.

Get one that you like, with plenty of sets released every years, there's many options! I would say,go to your local store and look for sets on sale that please you.