17657208534_edac5d581c_c.jpg

Erak had been replenishing the firewood supply of the little cabin near Daydelon's beacon, when he was surprised to see a bright flare in the distance. He quickly realized it was the Beacon of the Bay of Storms, and dropping the firewood, he hastily grabbed his torch and ran for the beacon. Once it was lit, he realized the significance of what must be happening, for even during the threat of civil war in Mitgardia, the beacons had not been lit...

16456938814_7e60214237_z.jpg

16891831460_22f5af2852_z.jpg

17077890692_e0859e8bfb_z.jpg

16871991387_6ab31d5df3_z.jpg

I used my new rockwork technique again here, with much more noticeable results. If you're interested in seeing how it's built, check out this album on Flickr: link

I hope you guys like this one, it was a super fun build :classic:

Fantastic snowscape! The beacon looks great too, I really like the angled pillars. Also love the way you attached the flame to the torch!

Lovely scene yet again! The beacon and its enclosure are very nicely done (especially the decorated pillars) and the rocks and snow look fantastic. The small details like the ladder and trees/shrubs are good as well. Your minifig looks more appropriately dressed for the setting than some. The variety among all these builds has been nice and this is one of my favorites. Good work!

Fantastic rock-work SK, the snow is superb as well, and the ladder, wood, and torch are excellent! Stupendous architecture on the beacon itself, this is certainly my favorite on so far!

This has been public for a while, but it's still an amazing MOC! The shaping of the snow is absolutely fantastic--the best you've done so far IMO, I really need to get some more tiles so I can try your block wall technique--it looks really good here even in the limited space, I love how "overbuilt" the ladder is--perfect for Mitgardia :laugh: , and finally, I don't know why I haven't built that fig yet! It's a perfect civilian parts combo and I have them all! :grin:

Gorgeous build buddy. :thumbup:

New rockwork is gorgeous and I love all the little details you managed to add into the beacon housing itself. I never even thought of using technic for rockwork. You're a genius, SK.

Edited by mccoyed

Amazing work :wub: . I love the way you made the snow and the rockwork. Moreover the beacon looks great, too

Beautiful build, I will certainly be studying this impressive rockwork technique. The overhanging snow is such a wonderful touch and really makes this build pop. The beacon itself is quite elegant too. I really like those angled supports. Love to see this story progress! I think the fact that these beacons were not lit during the Mitgardian Civil War really says something about the danger which now approaches... Can't wait to see where this goes!

Edited by MassEditor

Nice beacon, SK!

I repeat what has been said: Excellent rock technique, great beacon tower, wonderful hanging snow.

Fantastic little scene! Your rockwork technique looks very interesting, and the result is great! And the architecture on the beacon is great as well. Awesome work!