mrcp6d

The Algus Saga: The Beacon of the Bay of Storms

18281219051_25db93047f_c.jpg

18515565055_81a9afaed2_c.jpg

It snowed last night, which was strange for summer, even for Mitgardia. Erik was shoveling some of the snow off the path when Olaf saw the Beacon of Marek burning. Leaving the pea soup at the watch fire, Olaf grabbed a branch from the fire and lit the beacon of the Bay of Storms as he wondered if it had anything to do with the summer snow or the rumors of snowy white demons. Hopefully he'd see the beacons of Arcium and Daydelon light up soon in the distance.

I'd like to request UoP credit for:

• Landscape Design - studs up rocks & cliffs

Some more angles on Flickr, C&C appreciated!

Excellent details-the path and the beacon stand out. You did a wonderful job adding the white touches of snow here and there.

Excellent beacon mrcp6d, I really like the burnt wood! The rock-work is great and trees and mushrooms look very good here as well! :thumbup::wink:

This is an excellent scene. The rocks, snow, path and beacon all look great. I like the varying terrain and the inclusion of plants; they really improve the look of such settings. The details of the campfire are nice as well. Pity the fellow shoveling snow in the summer! Of the beacons so far, this is easily my favorite. Good work!

Looks like the word is spreading! Very nice job here, the rock and snow looks great as does the pile of blazing wood! :thumbup:

+1 for the UoP credits!

Excellent beacon design and good landscaping overall.

UoP +1.

Excellent details-the path and the beacon stand out. You did a wonderful job adding the white touches of snow here and there.

Thank you!

I love the rockwork, beacon and trees, great build!

Thanks Tomsche!

Excellent beacon mrcp6d, I really like the burnt wood! The rock-work is great and trees and mushrooms look very good here as well! :thumbup::wink:

Thanks Garmadon, nice to build something for the home team after the all the Kali MOCs!

UoP DoH +1

Thanks man!

This is an excellent scene. The rocks, snow, path and beacon all look great. I like the varying terrain and the inclusion of plants; they really improve the look of such settings. The details of the campfire are nice as well. Pity the fellow shoveling snow in the summer! Of the beacons so far, this is easily my favorite. Good work!

Thanks Captain #1, your detailed comments are always appreciated!

You've accomplished this snow-capped aesthetic really well.

Thanks!

Looks like the word is spreading! Very nice job here, the rock and snow looks great as does the pile of blazing wood! :thumbup:

+1 for the UoP credits!

Thanks Kai!

Nice work!

Thanks man!

Excellent beacon design and good landscaping overall.

UoP +1.

Thanks Gideon!

Love the rock work too ! :thumbup:

Nice job !

Thanks BMS!

Very nice build - colours come out great in your photography.

Captain #2, thanks much!

Fantastic work! The path and landscaping are superb. Neat detail with the soup too! :laugh::thumbup:

Peas seem an appropriate summer staple for the chilly Mitgardia :classic: Thanks LJ!

Terrific build!

Thanks Graham!

Superb landscaping, the winding path is a great touch :thumbup: Nice work with the beacon too, the rounded corners are neat, and the blackened sticks look great :classic:

Superb landscaping, the winding path is a great touch :thumbup: Nice work with the beacon too, the rounded corners are neat, and the blackened sticks look great :classic:

Thanks SK!

Great work on the landscaping! The beacon also looks great! :)

Thanks Lord Dan!

Great job! Nice touch with the blackened sticks!

Thanks LV!

Very nice beacon! I really like how you blended the rock, the snow and the dirt. Also, the fire looks really good. Not sure how I missed this!

Howcome I missed this... Awesome work mrcp6d. I like the burned woods at the beacon, a great touch! Awesome landscaping also with great layering!

Very nice beacon! I really like how you blended the rock, the snow and the dirt. Also, the fire looks really good. Not sure how I missed this!

Howcome I missed this... Awesome work mrcp6d. I like the burned woods at the beacon, a great touch! Awesome landscaping also with great layering!

Apparently, you guys were sleeping! :grin: Thanks for the comments guys! :laugh:

Another excellently detailed and composed build from you, definitely one of my favorite beacons of this chapter in the saga. That walkway is awesome as is the surrounding land- and snow-scaping. My favorite detail has to be the expression on the face of the guy shoveling snow. I had to shovel a lot of snow growing up, and I'm sure that's exactly how I looked when I did it.

Excellent rockwork! Another very nice beacon, great work!

Thanks Full Plate!

Another excellently detailed and composed build from you, definitely one of my favorite beacons of this chapter in the saga. That walkway is awesome as is the surrounding land- and snow-scaping. My favorite detail has to be the expression on the face of the guy shoveling snow. I had to shovel a lot of snow growing up, and I'm sure that's exactly how I looked when I did it.

Thanks ME! You didn't enjoy shoveling snow? What's wrong with you? :grin: Kidding, kidding! Though it is ok after it degenerates into the inevitable snowball fight.... :devil: