Sign in to follow this  
goatman461

[O - G08] Live Bait

Tags: Vehicle, Spaceship / Airplane, Exploration, Science

Pilot and interim CEO John Hannibal barely escapes the "jaws" of one of the most dangerous denizens of Xerillian, G08.

18462071252_0d93d534ba_c.jpg

The pressure is on the would-be executive as he struggles to keep his corporation afloat. Where will he steer the Octan's scientists, chomping at the bit for more challenging pursuits, trusting Octan leadership to deliver a path to success?

Hannibal has made his decision. Now he gathers a supply of the most ruthless, hungry beasts that Octan has faced thus far, risking his own life to lure this particular creature. As he flies low among the dunes, the giant worm is close behind him. Hannibal brings his speeder closer to the sand, sacrificing his speed and kicking up a large wake of sand. The worm speeds up and closes in. He's almost there. Almost there...

The worm lunges at Hannibal as the speeder dives into LaRose's newly discovered cave. It is uncertain what stuns the giant worm more, bursting through the rock at full speed, or the disappearance of its would-be meal. An Octan cargo ship quickly pulls the beast out of the hole and into a secured container. Soon Hannibal will deliver his bounty of death to I06, the future home of a new training facility unsurpassed in its rigorous curriculum and exceptional faculty. The future of Octan is bright. Nothing can stand in its way.

18385974311_3485f4bd2a.jpgimage by Ryan McBryde, on Flickr

Edited by goatman461

Mmmh! That is a gorgeous dune worm! The mouth is wonderful, and the shaping on the body is excellent! Also the colour choice is great! I love how you did the burst of sand! The implied motion in this scene is gorgeous! And the speeder is great too! All round excellent build! You make Octan proud, glorious leader! :grin:

~Insectoid Aristocrat

Excellent speeder goatman, the trans-blue hints and flex-tube are great! Very nice landscaping and worm as well! :thumbup:

That little speeder could use some more green and red. Red is the fastest color, so it could come handy in situations like this!

The worm is really nice too. Makes me want to read Dune again...

Lovely build! The use of the trans studs for the sand wake is particularly good, I never would've thought of that but it's very effective. Octan's new CEO is leading from the front!

Great symmetrical snotting (is that a word? :wacko:) for the worm and a nice little craft!

That little speeder could use some more green and red. Red is the fastest color, so it could come handy in situations like this!

The worm is really nice too. Makes me want to read Dune again...

WAAAGH! Someone else likes WH40K? :wink:

Thanks for all the comments

Well if he was too fast the story would be boring. There is a little bit of color that I didn't realize was unseen in my edited shot. I added another angle in a spoiler tag above

Really good job on the worm! That mouth is spot on! :thumbup:

I'm glad to work for a corporation where the CEO is not afraid to risk his life to get a major project going!

The worm is gorgeous! The speeder is beautiful! And the use of the trans 1x1 round plates is ingenious!

And, of course, there's the whole deal with the forced perspective being awesome and all that.

Love the little bike - the controls and the whole front are a particular favorite of mine - feels very functional and stream-lined while remaining sleek. The worm is gorgeous too - I love the "interior teeth" and the slight angle on them, look like they'd suck you right in and shrewd you up! Lovely dynamic action too. :thumbup:

Superb beast, very cleverly built. Looks absolutely ferocious. I'm really digging that speeder and sandscaping too, as well as the effect created by the 1x1 trans rounds. Great scene!

The worm is great, as is the the entire scene, but I think what really makes it for me is the angle of the photo. It really gives the sense of motion and the urgency to get away. Well done!

WAAAGH! Someone else likes WH40K? :wink:

Oi git, dis 'ere iz da truf fer sure!

I do love the side view of the speeder though. The small traces of the Octan auxiliary colours really spruce it up!

~Insectoid Aristocrat

Another awesome build! The speeder design is great and I really like the use of the blue flextube to show your flight path.

<snip>

There is a little bit of color that I didn't realize was unseen in my edited shot. I added another angle in a spoiler tag above

I hate it when I build little extra details, only to find that they're not visible once it's time to start photos.

This build has everything going for it, great vehicle and great creature and great landscaping... but what really stands out is the unusual angle of the photography!