Captain Braunsfeld

[Ch. IV, Cat A, DK] Taking the Desert King's Shilling

Ra'sh Fforh Whord had grown up from a boy to a young man. He found that the village he was living in did not offer much to him

His father kept saying that it was not time to make a change, he should take things slowly.

But Ra'sh was determined and he knew in his heart that adventure lay in store for him. But how could he try to explain?

When one day a troop of Mounted Ostrich Archers came into his village to seek for young recruits, he jumped for the opportunity.

His father was sceptical, his mother unsure of what the future would bring, when Ra'sh took the Desert King's Shilling

to become a Mounted Ostrich Archer.

800x629.jpg

And you could hear them singing:

Left a good job in the city

Workin' for the man every night and day

I never lost one minute of sleeping

Worryin' about the way things might have been

We are strong and we are cunning

Ostriches keep on running

Running, running, running through the desert

:sing::sing::sing::caroler:

800x613.jpg

Gladly he accepted the Desert King's shilling.

Little did Ra'sh know what would lie ahead of him.

800x464.jpg

His little sister wondered what a mighty warrior Ra'sh might become.

800x806.jpg

(I was asked to highlight the following detail:)

640x789.jpg

Ra'sh left his home town - would he ever come back to his home and family?

800x710.jpg

Later that day, a High Council spy was found and captured in the village.

But that was another story to be told on a different day.

C&C welcome.

Edited by Captain Braunsfeld
(pictures now on Bricksafe instead of flickr)

Excellent entry, the colors, details, photography and composition are fantastic. I am really digging your Kaliphlin style - considering all these bright, nicely detailed Kali builds from you lately, I have a feeling you will miss the end of this war! :laugh: And man, that water fountain is a real eye-catcher. Great work!

What a great architecture :wub: , combined with a great colour scheme and brought to life with some nice scenery :thumbup:

:poke: I see you... Yes, you who's hiding in the barrel!

Great Cat. A entry! I really like the colorscheme and layout of the house :thumbup:

Thanks. Me too :laugh:

Great build!

:grin:

Excellent entry, the colors, details, photography and composition are fantastic. I am really digging your Kaliphlin style - considering all these bright, nicely detailed Kali builds from you lately, I have a feeling you will miss the end of this war! :laugh: And man, that water fountain is a real eye-catcher. Great work!

Thanks - I am also surprised how much Kaliphlin "stuff" I've been building. It was like a good training session for me.

And I've tried to include different water fountains in each MOC.

There's actually a joke related to the water fountain, because the water fountain is in the bucket and the still water is in the fountain.

What a great architecture :wub: , combined with a great colour scheme and brought to life with some nice scenery :thumbup:

Thank you! Kaliphlin is all about colours!

I like that spoiler!

Another lively scene, Captain! The vibrant colors look lovely in this setting and the trees and other details look nice. The fountain is excellent (again) and I wondered about the geyser in the bucket but I see you've already explained it. The gold dome and windows are lovely. Oh, and the singing heads are just too much! Nice work.

Excellent build CB, the colors on the house are great and the landscaping is very nice as well! The rest of the build adds just the right amount of color... I'm with the others about that fountain! :wink::thumbup:

Another lively scene, Captain! The vibrant colors look lovely in this setting and the trees and other details look nice. The fountain is excellent (again) and I wondered about the geyser in the bucket but I see you've already explained it. The gold dome and windows are lovely. Oh, and the singing heads are just too much! Nice work.

"geyser" is a good term ... I was looking for the right English word.

The singing heads - I like them too - we actually have lots of funny heads for our usage. :pir-cry_happy::kahuka::dhappy:

Nice creation ! :thumbup:

:grin:

Nice build sir.

Thanks!

Excellent build CB, the colors on the house are great and the landscaping is very nice as well! The rest of the build adds just the right amount of color... I'm with the others about that fountain! :wink::thumbup:

My Kaliphlin builds turn out to be very very colourful. I need to do some gray/white Mitgardian things for a change :laugh:

The fountain is nice, I think I'm going to keep it.

Excellent combination of building and landscape :thumbup: The tan panels around roof edges look really neat :classic:

Excellent combination of building and landscape :thumbup: The tan panels around roof edges look really neat :classic:

Thanks!

Very nice! I especially like the rug.

Thanks, I might be coming up with some more rug-related stuff....

Great! I really like the colours you used and the architecture. Moreover I like the posing of the monkey :thumbup:

Great! I really like the colours you used and the architecture. Moreover I like the posing of the monkey :thumbup:

Thanks - finally someone is mentioning the monkey! :sweet: