VBBN

2016 Action Figure Wishlist

I'd love to see a seventh Toa.

Why stop at a seventh? Hero Factory had 8 heroes in the alpha team... Why not have a seventh and an eighth Toa 0:

EDIT: "eighth" is a horrible word to try and spell

Edited by LewiMOC

For BIONICLE: more trans purple, more large sets akin to Darth Vader and Greivous, Makuta, Mask of Control (preferably in at least two colours), possibly a seventh Toa unless they save that for 2017. Upgraded Toa that don't look like veiny mutants.

For SW: more large sets, Yoda (for the olive green or sand green), otherwise I don't know.

Boba Fett. It's really strange that they chose to make Jango over him.

Also less silver/gunmetal/general metallic colors. These G2 Bionicle sets are even worse than the Mistika, whose silver was at least coherent.

I'd take colourful sets with some out of place metallic bits over completely silver and lifeless figures any day.

Earth Blue CCBS shells, preferably in 3M, 5M and the 2.0 torso shell, and I'd really like for the rounded detail shell to be recast in black, I can't get enough of them! Don't care what sets they appear in, just make it happen! :grin: Oh, and some trans torso bones so I can finally make a fully transparent figure, and maybe even some trans-clear CCBS. It could happen if they go down the armour-animated-by-ghosts route for Bionicle.

But Earth Blue CCBS is really at the very top of my wishlist at the moment, but if they just use it as a weapon colour, I won't be impressed :tongue:

When you look at series like the Star Wars sets, many of the space craft get a make-over every few years. I would love to see a make-over of Brutaka. That was by far and away my favorite Bionicle Titan set of G1. And why not? I can see no good reason why some sets from G1 can't have a make-over for G2. There's been a lot of talk (just from the snippets I've seen) of bringing back the Bohrok, so why not a masterpiece Titan like Brutaka?

Why stop at a seventh? Hero Factory had 8 heroes in the alpha team... Why not have a seventh and an eighth Toa 0:

EDIT: "eighth" is a horrible word to try and spell

Technically it had nine... But considering that two of them were completely absent for the latter two years, I don't know if more than seven would be considered sustainable.

Still, I'd be all for a seventh Toa, especially considering that by making them female, the team would have a better gender ratio than any other set-based Toa team has ever had.

Edited by Lyichir

This has most likely been mentioned, but Metru colors for CCBS shells please! He already have (limited amounts) of Metru green and red, so why not the whole gamut? Or at least Metru blue... I just want more shells in Metru colors...

I vouch for a Kardas remake. Seriously, that thing was awesome. And people always like dragons, so it'd be a good excuse to make a large constraction set.

This has most likely been mentioned, but Metru colors for CCBS shells please! He already have (limited amounts) of Metru green and red, so why not the whole gamut? Or at least Metru blue... I just want more shells in Metru colors...

I already mentioned Earth/Metru Blue, I desperately need it for my self-MOC who's supposed to be dark blue and black :wink:

Unfortunately, we won't be seeing Onewa's colour (BL Dark Flesh) anytime soon - that colour was discontinued. But instead we could get more Reddish Brown, Dark Orange and Dark Brown shells.

I already mentioned Earth/Metru Blue, I desperately need it for my self-MOC who's supposed to be dark blue and black :wink:

Unfortunately, we won't be seeing Onewa's colour (BL Dark Flesh) anytime soon - that colour was discontinued. But instead we could get more Reddish Brown, Dark Orange and Dark Brown shells.

Onewa's color was just horrible to begin with and I'm just clad that it was discontinued. If the case are they return some of the colors for shells I hope it's more of brick yellow (Chi Vardy) instead.

Edited by GK733

I'd like to see a Skakdi-like pirate or pillager, or a pirate villain wave, without the gangster theme, thankyouverymuch :P

Or a villain with a monocle for really no reason.

Onewa's color was just horrible to begin with and I'm just clad that it was discontinued. If the case are they return some of the colors for shells I hope it's more of brick yellow (Chi Vardy) instead.

Yeah, I never really liked Onewa's colour much myself (but I'm willing to bet that if Dark Brown had existed in 2004, we would have had a dark brown Onewa). I much prefer the current browns anyway (though the lighter variant of Dark Flesh is still about, but I hope we don't get shells in that colour for the next Toa of Stone :sick: ). And sorry to nitpick, but Chi Vardy's shells were Sand Yellow, not Brick Yellow. Brick Yellow is used in Obi-Wan and Grievous :wink:

Still, I'd be all for a seventh Toa, especially considering that by making them female, the team would have a better gender ratio than any other set-based Toa team has ever had.

I'm all for making Takanuva a girl. That just sounds like it... Works.

Make it happen, Lego.

More colors, definitely! I'll be okay with whatever concepts they decide to revisit, if indeed they decide to revisit any at all. But definitely more colors, and actually, y'know, USE the colors (looking at you, medium sets!).

Technically Brick Yellow is just tan, like in the classic Pohatu or the new General Grievous. Chi Vardy uses Sand Yellow, or dark tan. In fact, I wouldn't mind more Sand colors in CCBS (in moderation)—we have Sand Yellow and Jango Fett will include Sand Blue, but Sand Green (the last remaining Sand color) hasn't even appeared in constraction since Ben 10.

Make it happen, Lego.

No. A new completedy female character would be ok, but a male character from G1 turned into female... eh, not so much.

Though I don't think we'll ever get a G2 Takanuva. He was important in the original series, because of all the "hurr durr evil shadows" thing, but in G2 Makuta isn't a master of shadow anymore, so bringing Toa of Light in the series would be a bit... pointless? I mean, they could give him a completely new element, but then I'd prefer if we got a different character instead of Takanuva.

Make it happen, Lego.

I would not want a female Takanuva, largely because I don't want Takanuva at all. As far as I'm concerned, Takanuva's personality and motivations are inextricably tied to his past identity as Takua. And I don't see any way to incorporate both forms of that character without essentially copying the Mask of Light story wholesale.

However, I would love for a new "seventh Toa" to be female. And I have nothing against them being a Toa of Light, considering Light and Shadow are such primeval, fundamental, and universal symbols. Just give them a new origin story, and a new name to suit that story.

Aw. No love for fem Taka? Alright. But female 7th Toa; wholeheartedly agree on that. I love female characters, and if Transformers is anything to go by, strong female leads are on the rise.

Also, it'd be nice to see such a character to be ornamental and detailed, maybe even with an oriental inspiration to it. I'd love it if a 7th Toa was more of an ancient character from the past. Though Ekimu may already be filling that role...

I would not want a female Takanuva, largely because I don't want Takanuva at all. As far as I'm concerned, Takanuva's personality and motivations are inextricably tied to his past identity as Takua. And I don't see any way to incorporate both forms of that character without essentially copying the Mask of Light story wholesale.

I figure they could just name the character Takanuva even if he/she had a different history. Heck, the 2015 Toa share names with the originals despite having different origin stories and differences in personalities.

Though if that were the case with Taka, I suppose we get into "name-slap" territory, and people would complain about that.

I wouldn't mind a fem-kua/kanuva since the original Takanuva was pretty void in the personality department post-transformation. So if they did, it would be more for design than anything else, and a G2 Avohkii would be sick.

Aw. No love for fem Taka? Alright. But female 7th Toa; wholeheartedly agree on that. I love female characters, and if Transformers is anything to go by, strong female leads are on the rise.

Yes for more female characters, 7th Toa or not. However, I'm no so sure about changing a previous character's gender; better to just make a new one.

Also, I think Legend of Korra is a better example for female leads. But that's beside the point.

I'd also like to see more combiners (canon or not; but preferably canon).