VBBN

2016 Action Figure Wishlist

Making this to try to cut down on some of the 2016 speculation/wishlisting/etc that been taking some of the 2015 threads off point.

Share your thoughts as to what you hope to see in 2016 Action Figure-wise.

Boba Fett. It's really strange that they chose to make Jango over him.

Also less silver/gunmetal/general metallic colors. These G2 Bionicle sets are even worse than the Mistika, whose silver was at least coherent.

Trans-purple armor, cause that is an awesome color and we need more of it.

Also a purple mask.

Yeah, more purple. And I'll echo the need for Bohrok. Those things had style.

Most of all, though, I want a few Rahi. Maybe even just one $40-$50 set with lots of alternate models.

CCBS Bohrok.

No. If they weren't 80% prefab gearbox like the originals were, they'd be kinda neat... but I want to see something new, not just rehashed ideas of old. This a reboot, after all.

Anyway, my hopes for 2016;

BIONICLE

Parts

Personally, I hope we see those leg armour parts from the Star Wars figures in Bionicle. I'd imagine those things would look quite smart with prints/stickers. Also, a new armour addon of some description would be more than welcome - preferably something that isn't too specific in purpose like the addon included with the skull troop is. In regards to colours, I'd love to see more trans purple and trans apple green, and of course more dark azure. Oh, and gearboxes must stay!

Sets

It's inevitable that we're getting a new troop of baddies next year, but in regards to what kind of baddies, I'd like to see something of a different theme. This year, it's been all skulls and bones and halloween spookiness, so it'd be cool for 2016 to take a different direction - maybe slime themed characters? Armour resurrected by ghosts? Or even a troop of beasts?

In regards to good guys, reflecting on Hero Factory, we might just be seeing that Toa again. If that's the case, I'm more than happy for it. I'd love to see them with more ornamental armour, kinda like that worn by the fire team in the 2014 Chima Ultrabuilds. Can't really think of what else they'd do for a group of goodies, though - a band of villagers, maybe?

Star Wars

Parts

Recolours are where these Star Wars sets really shine, so that's what I'd really be hoping for. Things like sand green or more tan would be excellent.

Sets

I'd love to see Boba Fett, and maybe a less conventional character like a Battle Droid or a Droideka. A Stormtrooper would be cool to see too.

Other

I'd be really interested to see another contraction theme somewhere along the line, be it licensed or otherwise. Maybe Ninjago? Or Superheroes again?

Edited by LewiMOC

I'd like something with a transformation or secondary mode, like the Vahki or the Bohrok. And the dino-riders mentioned in the 2015 thread would be cool.

No. If they weren't 80% prefab gearbox like the originals were, they'd be kinda neat... but I want to see something new, not just rehashed ideas of old. This a reboot, after all.

Reboots include new ideas, but they also need homages/reiterations (or, as you put it, "rehashes") of iconic concepts from the original, otherwise it's just a new line with the old name slapped on it. Why do you think we had the Toa Mata this year instead of a whole new team?

Besides, all the villains and small sets this year were new. I want to to see a few more throwbacks at G1.

Edited by The Outsider

I'd prefer if they didn't reuse the SW armor shell. It's ridiculously smooth, too long and it doesn't have any connection points for add-ons. The SW add-on is definitely something I want to see, though. And lime green. There were like three sets that had 5-length shells in lime green, which is rather ridiculous.

Ninjago stuff would be cool. Those knockoffs had exactly the right idea for what CCBS versions of the main characters should look like.

Oh, those things are ace. Would definitely recommend you buy 'em if you can. Lots of nice recolours.

... but I want to see something new, not just rehashed ideas of old. This a reboot, after all.

This made me laugh, because we literally got a mask hunt, which is a rehashed idea of old. Not that I'm against that in any way though.

However, I do agree with you, I would love to see more ornamental armour pieces. I basically want the connection of the Toa with their element grow stronger every wave ( at least for this 3 year arc), and it would be awesome if this could be shown in the armour of the Toa.

-Iben

Edited by Iben

Yeah, some sort of armor piece that shows elemental power coursing through it could work great in tr. colors. And it could be reused as roots for plants.

This made me laugh, because we literally got a mask hunt, which is a rehashed idea of old. Not that I'm against that in any way though.

-Iben

What about Bohrok but with different shooting mechanic? I stumbled upon these http://41.media.tumb...fs1co1_1280.png | http://36.media.tumblr.com/2aecfc1daa7214f1fe3f196b8f286500/tumblr_no6db0k0G71qlfs1co1_1280.png neat concepts by twotriickhoofbea2t, if only they'd able to go into a ball.

Edited by GK733

What about Bohrok but with different shooting mechanic? I stumbled upon these http://41.media.tumb...fs1co1_1280.png | http://36.media.tumb...fs1co1_1280.png neat concepts by twotriickhoofbea2t, if only they'd able to go into a ball.

OMGTHOSEAREAWESOME!! :wub_drool: :wub_drool: :wub_drool:

Now back on speculation: I would also like to see reboots of other Action Figure themes, like Exo-Force or Knight's Kingdom II. The latter would be especially well done with CCBS, since it would give a better impression of an armor-wearing human (I even had a new idea for the head: a new piece mimicking a chainmail-wearing head, combining the mask attachments from BIONICLE G1 and G2 head pieces; different human faces that would attach like the G1 masks; and helmet visors that would attach like the current masks).

And finally, some way to integrate CCBS into LEGO Dimensions (maybe chibi sets like Jangbricks'?).

Edited by The Outsider

More female constraction figures.

This. Even if they can't make the figures themselves more feminine (which I would rather they not try too hard, for fear of getting into Roodaka territory) I would at least like for them to be female within the story.

Yesssss, more females. I never saw why gender was an issue(let's not start this conversation again btw). The fans who like story really don't see a gender problem(and those who have one should get over it because it's kind of immature), and the kids who only care about the action figures only care about, obviously, the action figures. I for one love having variety amongst both genders in fictional works and such.

Also if they do make more I would like them to have strong personalities, not the stereotypical-has-to-be-objectified-because-it's-an-action-theme but it's a toy sooooo that won't happen anyways, thankfully. c_c

Edited by MakutaOfWar

The fans who like story really don't see a gender problem(and those who have one should get over it because it's kind of immature), and the kids who only care about the action figures only care about, obviously, the action figures. I for one love having variety amongst both genders in fictional works and such.

Actually, that's not true. Young boys typically prefer playing with male figures than with female ones... unfortunately. But I'd love to see more female characters (especially a female villain), however, I'm afraid that they'll end up looking like masculine monstrosities like Gali Mistika or Hahli Inika... I mean, Lego pulled out the female look just fine with Gali 2015, but hey, it's Lego, so... you never know.

Edited by Voxovan

^Even if they don't know wheather they're male or female? My post was about the kids who "only care about the action figures". It's not like the boxes have "female" on them so to a kid it could go either way. :P Besides it'd be a good lesson about equality otherwise. This isn't the 1950's anymore. XD

Edited by MakutaOfWar

I'd like a whole bunch of sentient nonhumanoids. On both sides. Bugs, dinosaurs, bugasaurs, I'll take the lot.

Or just a whole wave of "Bohrok" who take cues from the different swarm villains of G1/Hero Factory. But not as swarm characters.

EDIT: And yes, more girls please.

Edited by CabooseBM

Just give me CCBS Takanuva.

Oh yeah, this.

Even if it's not Takanuva, I'd love to see a seventh Toa.

More female constraction figures.

Yes to this! If they're making an all-new Toa team for Bionicle, it's the perfect chance to make the gender ratio a little bit more even. Even having 2 out of 6 be female characters is not a bad start.

This applies to Star Wars too, I hope we get someone like Ahsoka Tano.