ACPin

[MOC] Japanese Fishing Village

Up to this day, there are certain areas in Japan where people live in fishing villages like in the past.

AC

JapaneseFishingVillage-a00-001EB.jpg

JapaneseFishingVillage-a04-010EB.jpg

JapaneseFishingVillage-a05-012EB.jpg

JapaneseFishingVillage-a06-021EB.jpg

JapaneseFishingVillage-a02-007EB.jpg

This is an excellent build. I especially like the buildings and the water plants. I might suggest some elevation to the ground though.

Great build! :wub: I am a big fan of the Japanese architecture, those huts are great! The way you portrayed the lifestyle of the villagers is nice and the waterline is just excellent :thumbup:

Maybe you could do a little bit of texturing/SNOTting on the grass, or make a path of planks between the huts, it looks a bit plain IMO. Other than that: excellent creation, brick on! :classic:

This is an excellent build. I especially like the buildings and the water plants. I might suggest some elevation to the ground though.

Got to admit that the landscape was built first for a different MOC and this was just taking advantage of using the same base/footprint in another theme.

Great build! :wub: I am a big fan of the Japanese architecture, those huts are great! The way you portrayed the lifestyle of the villagers is nice and the waterline is just excellent :thumbup:

Maybe you could do a little bit of texturing/SNOTting on the grass, or make a path of planks between the huts, it looks a bit plain IMO. Other than that: excellent creation, brick on! :classic:

Plain and simple is just what this scene is all about. Sometimes you just got to hold back on too much detailing and just let the MOC convey the simple nature of it.

AC

Got to admit that the landscape was built first for a different MOC and this was just taking advantage of using the same base/footprint in another theme.

Your water texture and the objects/rocks/sunken boats look amazing as well as the reeds.

Cool scene, you've really captured the atmosphere of a busy little village there, very good work, I especially like all the little details such as the lights and stone sculptures, the boats look really good too. This moc reminded me of a television program here in the UK a few weeks ago about how we, as humans live and work with animals, the particular episode I watched was about the Japanese fishing technique used with cormorants at night, it was very cool. Pic

I'll echo the thought that the base is pretty simple (yes, I read the explanation) but otherwise this is an excellent depiction of a culture rarely portrayed in Lego form. The buildings, water, and boats are all beautifully done and I like the fact that you've included so many figures. And the presentation is superb with that backdrop. Excellent work!

Great atmosphere. The water pattern is excellent. The green land area could be bit less flat though.

The scorpions work neatly as house details.

As usual, your MOCs are great, so ir is this one. I really like it. Nice usage of the scorpions.