Sign in to follow this  
saibot

75021 gunship mod

Hi,

Just wondering if anyone has modded the new gunship, so the lift up panels on the front (under the cockpit) would be 8studs accross, which would then be the same size as the dropship. (could then drop in 8x6 panels are use the space decals from the dropship) I took the front apart the other day and worked out the piece's needed but just not sure if it would look out of place.

thanks

Use LDD to give yourself a view of what it would look like, then you can judge for yourself the best path to go with it :)

I replaced the plate by tiles and put a smaller sticker (scan, photoshop, print).

Not too bad.

Hi guys, i had the same problem with the doors, so it took some time to do it but i moved the whole inner structure 2 studs to the back in order to fit the old 8x6 one piece doors from the old gunship. IMHO it looks as good as the standard doors, but you can fit the stickers more easily. I will post pictures later today.

thanks for the replies. I had the piece's picked out to make that cargo area 2 studs wider, but I wasn't 100% sure if doing that made the front long odd. I look forward to seeing some pics of your mods.

There is one problem with my mod however, you have to disasemble almost the whole gunship because i moved the spine of the ship 2 studs back. Unfortunatly i wont be able to take a photo of that because its in side the ship, but if you like the mod just pm me and ill explain how i did it. Oh and pics will be here in a couple of hours, im not home right now :)

Even though I think the 6 stud plate is more proportional compared to 8. I do not totally hate the way this looks :classic:

I replaced the plate by tiles and put a smaller sticker (scan, photoshop, print).

Not too bad.

Hi, any chance you could post a jpg of the scan ? would like to try that option aswell.

Hehe, the funny thing is that i made that mod because i tought that it looked more proportional with the 8x6 plate :laugh: