Al Amarj Island has long been a popular stopping point for pilgrims, tourists and soldiers seeking a quiet posting. Known as the Pearl of the Southern Seas, Al Amarj Island is located several miles offshore of the southwest Kaliphlin coast. The island has been occupied for hundreds of years, first by natives and then succeeding waves of colonizers. At first came the peasants fleeing strife on the mainland, but the soldiers and priests were soon to follow. Then merchants arrived to take advantage of the new market while the ruling politicians arrived soon after. Each group left their own mark on the island through its varied architecture. A temple built inside the island is a frequent stop.

Since then Al Amarj has served not only as a pilgrimage and tourist site but more importantly as a headquarters for the High Council war effort. Protected by unassailable cliffs with only a single path to its top, the island is considered impregnable. Guarding its beaches and high officials are some of the finest warriors in all of Historica. In Kaliphlin's times of need the island has often been indispensable as a strategic location. In this terrible civil war, Al Amarj is again finding use as a command post and as a staging ground for espionage operations throughout the region.

17705431014_ae75e5662e_z.jpg

17705431064_f3d4446c5d_z.jpg

17705430994_23fc812fbd_z.jpg

18301509876_730cfb49bb_z.jpg

18301509896_512a9d5123_z.jpg

A select group of merchants, laborers and craftsmen are vetted to live and barter on the island. They cater to the tourists and pilgrims who visit the island as well as other fulltime occupants.

18140082718_8d8b432dac_z.jpg

18140082708_ec96232391_z.jpg

Al Amarj has long served as an important strategic location for the High Council.

18140082688_4d31b7bfba_z.jpg

(Telescope design by Gideon)

18140082658_0471b12bca_z.jpg

18140082598_658607b9e7_z.jpg

War has never touched the shores of Al Amarj, and the island has enjoyed an uneasy peace while fighting rages on the mainland. But it appears as if Al Amarj will finally enter the war. Familiar faces foretell treachery on the island. And silently, in the dark of night, it seems the Desert King is preparing to spread his conquest even here.

17742836154_7fab8491b4_z.jpg

17742836094_f101bcf1ec_z.jpg

----------------------------------------------

Hello! Really glad that, after four months, I'm finally able to share this with you guys! (So is my wife, who hasn't seen her dinner table in that time)

I started this build in February before the civil war broke out. I know Cat. B is supposed to be in one thread, but I figured it would be ok to post this separately while I prepare a few of my other entries for that category. Plus, I'm afraid I'm gonna have to tear into this build a little bit for Cat. D. You can expect to see new photos and other details of this build when my Cat. B is completely ready.

Can't really say how many pieces this is, but if you guess the exact amount I will give this MOC to you haha!

Considering the luck I've had with transporting other builds, I was very surprised that this MOC held firm for a six-hour roundtrip on Arkansas' crappy highways to a LUG display in Little Rock. There I was interviewed by a television news reporter who featured my build on the 6 o'clock news, no doubt in between two stories highlighting Little Rock's very high murder and crime rate. This is how I imagined the headlines:

"First, we'll hear an announcement by the Little Rock Police Captain on the escalating gang war in the city's north end. We also have a report on several arson-related fires in the downtown area, and why corruption charges have been filed against two Little Rock aldermen. Finally, at six o'clock, we'll talk to Patrick about his LEGO hobby."

Anyways, thank you guys so much for looking, I really enjoyed this one and I hope you do too!

I have been waiting to see this MOC Awesome Build ME :thumbup:

Edited by Dr.Cogg

:wub_drool: :wub_drool: :wub_drool: :wub_drool: I have no adjectives to describe this build. It's simply gorgeous! I love the rounded section in the rockwork and the main building is stunning! Neat detail with the guys carrying the fish too :thumbup:

This build will take many views to truly appreciate :classic:

Simply spectacular. The overview photos are amazing. I don't know what it is about coastal arches but they get me every time. The undisturbed natural rock, rock walls, vegetation, water, and buildings all look just about perfect. The big tan building just soars into the sky atop its rocky perch and it looks absolutely beautiful. All the figures and details are lost in the first photos which just shows how big and detailed this really is. When I realized you were the builder I knew I had to ratchet up my expectations. You should print a large size photo of this and have it framed and then hang it in a prominent location.

As for the piece count... hmm. I think you used... lets see... I know - 37 pieces. No, 38. Yep. It was 38 pieces.

Superlatives just fail to do it justice. Excellent work!

I think I've said all what I have to say in Flik'r... But IT'S JUST AN AWESOME BUILD ! :wub_drool::wub: :wub: :wub:

All the details, the minifigs posing and the water, and the rock work are beautiful !

Congrats guy ! :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

Absolutely stupendous. A wonderful interplay of volumes, with lovely use of colour and texture. A true masterpiece. Spectacular. :wub: :wub: :wub:

:wub: :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub:

One of the best MOCs I have ever seen. That circle tower blends so great with the rockwork....

The tan tower contrasts so well with the rockwork...

An amazing piece of art for sure! Amazing details around and superb photography! Just lovely!!

:wub: :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub:

Wow. Great work as usual. I'm working on (about 50 pieces short at the moment) a nocturnus build to be a part of my Osric Farwind story that is a very similar concept. Needless to say it won't look anywhere near as nice as this. Amazing build man!

Absolutely stupendous build MassEditor, the rock-work is superb and the seamlessly built in wall is fantastic! :wub: Excellent job with the vegetation and trees as well, they and the building add the perfect amount of color here! :thumbup::sweet: Truly quite a capital build!

Gideon and you are Master's in this architecure. I tried myself in this roman style (with a touch oriental) but I failed. You are shaping Kaliphlin for upcoming builders! You motivate me, to create MOC's with a nice colorscheme like this here.

Once more I love your presentation! Pictures are perfect! A setup-Pic (maybe exclusiv for GoH^^) would be great.

And yes, this is one of the best MOC's ever! Will soon be Frontpaged(EDIT: Happened 20 Minutes after this comment^^) ....

Edited by marcu22

Wow! This is an absolutely fantastic MOC, I just love how it all fits together and the landscaping and water look so inviting! :wub: The tan building looks fantastic but the way you've merged the stonework into the rock really steals the show! So many great details to look at too! :thumbup: Amazing work!

:wub_drool: I just can't name all the single things that I like about this extraordinary build! I'm a conformist! :thumbup:

OH MY GOD!!! Speechless. Like the Eurobricks homepage description says, it really is stunning. :drool: :drool: :drool:

Excellent job my friend. AMAZING!!! :drool: :drool: :drool::thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

Edited by Legocity2713

Jawdropping awesomeness... the rocks, the flora, the sea around, the superb circular battlements that encompass the rocks, the small little details like hidden doors and stuff and above all the magnificent central kaliphlin tower. It all tie in fascinatingly!! Congratulations

I am very impressed with your creation. It is simply how I would envision such a thing. My hat off to you sir!

A fantastic creation. I too am very impressed.

Amazing combination of different techniques and great choice of colour.

... I am sooooo envious.... :grin:

:thumbup: