EDIT> I resubmitted this MOC to Ideas and this time it was approved!!

https://ideas.lego.com/projects/2236f271-714c-4dea-a538-f3feb1293658

I've made various renditions of Mulder and Scully over the years but I decided to take the next big step, custom printing. Usually I used existing parts or waterslide decals but this time I forked out to get my designs printed on the LEGO parts. Mulder and Scully of course needed somewhere to work, So I recreated Mulder's office as well.

18134728132_b5631f3db3_c.jpgLEGO X-Files by Brent Waller, on Flickr

18134709242_8b1f59ac7e_c.jpgMulder's Office by Brent Waller, on Flickr

17952018919_775d60c717_c.jpgI Want To Believe by Brent Waller, on Flickr

17952003169_c3aab482fb_c.jpgWe don't need no stinking badges by Brent Waller, on Flickr

18111754746_4c0df0fd00_c.jpgThe Truth Is Out There by Brent Waller, on Flickr

18138229225_24c4f2d5d8_c.jpgX-Files by Brent Waller, on Flickr

17950358718_4e145f18fc_c.jpgNobody down here but the FBIs most unwanted by Brent Waller, on Flickr

17950505220_9bb95b921f_c.jpgMulder and Scully by Brent Waller, on Flickr

18134715902_37dbd19bbe_c.jpgMulder and Scully by Brent Waller, on Flickr

The parts I had printed were:

• Mulder's Torso
  • Scully's Torso
  • Both ID Badges
  • 4x X-"Files" (different case files on each)
  • Mulder's Desk name sign thing
  • Samantha Mulder photo frame

The I want to believe and spaceman posters were printed stickers as they went across multiple tiles

Edited by WetWired

Very very good, if I was TLG I would definitely think about this instead for example of that "game" from the Ideas page that made it lately... :thumbup:

Edited by bublible

Wow, I love this! It would be perfect as a set if it weren't for the whole "mature themes" thing (although saying that, I started watching The X-Files from about age 8). The attention to detail is brilliant, even down to the tiny photos on their badges, and it's very appropriate for the subject matter.

Looks excellent, well depicted. This really appeals to me at the moment, as I'm currently going through the entire series.

An X-Files Lego theme would probably be the same as the upcoming Scooby Doo one but grittier and with more detail. Too gruesome though, I can't see it happening, but I'd be keen!

This is pretty epic!

Wonderful lighting! It gives the mysterious and creepy vibe of the show

Beautiful minifigs and set! Timely as well, since it looks like Dave Duchovny and the band are getting back together for another X-Files series.

Fantastic presentation, the figures, the scenes, the parts, the poster...it sounds trite, but it's true...everything is awesome.

It seems like every time I look at the photos of Mulder's office, I see something I didn't see before. It's so intense with dense detail, just excellent.

I'm going to have to sit down and have a smoke...

16008757700_e2a60daffb.jpg

This is not happening. by SPARKART!, on Flickr.

Those look great. The office is really impressive and I love the Lego version of the poster.

Looks excellent, well depicted. This really appeals to me at the moment, as I'm currently going through the entire series.

An X-Files Lego theme would probably be the same as the upcoming Scooby Doo one but grittier and with more detail. Too gruesome though, I can't see it happening, but I'd be keen!

Hah, me too, a podcast called "X-Files Files" got me rewatching the series, which I haven't since it aired, I was obsessed with it back then (my still current username comes from the name of an episode of the show)

I'm actually looking into getting these made en masse so other people can get ahold of them, Mulder, Scully, 2x guns, 2x ID badges and 2x Flashlights as a package.

Fantastic presentation, the figures, the scenes, the parts, the poster...it sounds trite, but it's true...everything is awesome.

It seems like every time I look at the photos of Mulder's office, I see something I didn't see before. It's so intense with dense detail, just excellent.

I'm going to have to sit down and have a smoke...

16008757700_e2a60daffb.jpg

This is not happening. by SPARKART!, on Flickr.

Haha that's awesome, one of my favourite episodes

I'm actually looking into getting these made en masse so other people can get ahold of them, Mulder, Scully, 2x guns, 2x ID badges and 2x Flashlights as a package.

whaaAAATT? Really? That would be amazing. I'd be very grateful if these were available for sale.

whaaAAATT? Really? That would be amazing. I'd be very grateful if these were available for sale.

I've ordered most of the parts I need, but they still have to arrive and I need to finalise the designs before getting them printed. I need to nail down Mulder's and Scully's faces too as unfortunately the heads I used aren't readily available in bulk. So I'm auditioning some new ones, this is the one I'm contemplating for Mulder (still waiting on one to arrive to try for Scully)

mulderpossible.jpg

It comes with the cheek lines but I can remove them if the consensus is that it's better without. It's a pain to do though. Alternatively if the consensus is that the old face is considerably better I can recreate it digitally and print it onto blank heads. Not ideal though as it adds to the cost, so it'd have to considerably better. Any feedback is appreciated.

I think he looks better with either a smirk or a squint. Dana is more difficult on her own because her main feature is her nose... and we all know about minifigs with noses.

It comes with the cheek lines but I can remove them if the consensus is that it's better without. It's a pain to do though.

I like the version without the cheek lines. Seems more Mulderish to me that way.

That's awesome! For my 2c I like the new faces better. Probably lean towards 'no lines' as it still captures Mulder's look. I'd be keen if you are printing a bulk lot.

count me in for a set of them!

i really like your torso designs and all the printed tiles :sweet:

too bad the "i want to believe" poster is (1*4 and 2*4 i guess) a STAMP

after watching an old episode yesterday, i asked myself if the new blackwidow hair-piece would be best suiting for scully...

i guess THAT x-file can be closed :laugh:

scully's head is galadriels without the cheek lines, isn't it?

i tried 2 other heads for scully, but sadly these aren't available in bulk either:

http://www.bricklink...p?P=3626cpb0953

3626cpb0953.jpg?1

http://www.bricklink...p?P=3626cpb0958

3626cpb0958.jpg?1

i like the Philip Swift headpiece better withouth the cheek lines.for mulder, but i kinda feel the need for beard stubble on his headpiece.

there are only 2 headpieces to consider with beard stubble: indiana jones (doesnt fit quite well) and the starlord (works better for krycek)

you should consider having mulder's head (or even both?) printed :thumbup:

Edited by Hoschiebaer

I found a bricklink seller who had the scully heads in stock, so I'm all set now! I just need to spend several hours removing the cheeklines from both minifigs :|

It's too mature for LEGO Ideas unfortunately

They might claim that, but it's really not. It's less "mature" than LOTR (think of how much death... including orc heads on pikes in Two Towers); there were a few episodes of X-Files that were pretty disturbing (Fox even banned re-running "Home" for a while), but by today's standards it's a fairly tame show - the vast majority of the episodes were not "TV-MA" by any stretch.

I have to point out (as I did defending the efficacy of LOTR before TLG announced it) that there have been plenty of disturbing things in the movies that they've made sets for - they even made a "Darth Vader's Transformation" set; they made a "Flying Wing" set from Indiana Jones (remember what happens to the mechanic?).

IMO, on themes like this, TLG simply uses the "maturity" excuse as an easy way out... if they don't think it'll make money, they won't do it.

I, for one, would buy X-Files sets of your quality and detail in a heartbeat.

They might claim that, but it's really not. It's less "mature" than LOTR

That's true, but also, it's not just about the content... LotR, Star Wars and Indiana Jones are all aimed at a crossover market of both adults and children. As far as I know, The X-Files was just aimed at adults.

LEGO tends to make products for the kids of the present, and although I watched The X-Files as a kid (around the years that it aired), I can't imagine that many kids do so nowadays and LEGO have no way of finding out if they do.