Sign in to follow this  
mrcp6d

[O - I06] Lava Wyrm Encounter

Tags: Exploration

17702249013_cf0e46a0a6_c.jpg

--Weekly Explorer's Transmission--

--Log of Eagle-Eye Silver--

I was sent by Lord Business to explore Yetornius, and spent a few days skimming the tortured volcanic surface with my jetpack. Octan Corp's intelligence apparatus suggested a moderate alien presence, but until day 6 when I stopped at a supply drop (I’ll have to thank the logistics team, the Octan flag was a welcoming and highly visible indicator!) to refuel the jetpack's awesomnium tanks that I saw any life whatsoever. Luckily I had just finished topping off the tanks when the lava wyrm exploded out of a relatively cool magma pipe. It seems the life forms of this planet avoid the lava seas living instead among the cooler zones where there is more stable ground. I'll have to report this to our science teams. Both Dr. Long and Comrade Commander will be interested to look into how this gigantic creature survives on this hostile world.

--End of Log Entry--

Some builder's notes: I found I was woefully unprepared to do a build with lighting from below. I've got nowhere near enough trans orange, yellow and red pieces! I tried to compensate by going with a more "solid" landscape rather than the large expanses of lava a lot of the rest of us have built. I've had the ice cream pieces for quite some time for uses just like this, but I was surprised at just how fragile the connections are between them. It's almost as if TLG is toying with us by giving us a connection that almost, just barely, functions until you look at it wrong! Photography here is pretty "meh" too, I need to get some other colors of poster board--I think an orange would have been good here.

A couple more on Flickr. C&C appreciated!

Great build all around! I like the rock technique and the mudguards forming the entrance to the tube.

This build is crazy cool!

Thanks guys!

I think your photography is fantastic! Great lava effects and cooled molten lava! Excellent lava wyrm!

Haha, love the use of ice-cream for steam vapor! In general, it's a great build, nice looking surface, cool wyrm, etc!

Also, I like that your estimates for the usage time of the jetpack is almost identical to what I envisioned in my build this week. ;)

Absolutely fantastic! I love the smoothness of the cooled lava. The lava wyrm is perfect as is the jetpack. The border is nice as well. :sweet:

I think your photography is fantastic! Great lava effects and cooled molten lava! Excellent lava wyrm!

Haha, love the use of ice-cream for steam vapor! In general, it's a great build, nice looking surface, cool wyrm, etc!

Also, I like that your estimates for the usage time of the jetpack is almost identical to what I envisioned in my build this week. ;)

Absolutely fantastic! I love the smoothness of the cooled lava. The lava wyrm is perfect as is the jetpack. The border is nice as well. :sweet:

Great build! The lava and exhaust are awesome!

Thanks folks!

wow the exaust smoke really look great, it captures the action moment perfectly! great dragon too :)

Very nice build mrcp, the combo of black and grey looks great! :thumbup:

wow the exaust smoke really look great, it captures the action moment perfectly! great dragon too :)

The judges awarded you 4 points.

Very nice build mrcp, the combo of black and grey looks great! :thumbup:

Thanks all!

Great build - love the jetpack and rockwork!

Edited by Big Sal

Very very good build. The wyrm is suitably scary and the jetpack vapour well worth the effort you put into balancing it, I can imagine that was frustrating!

Great build - love the jetpack and rockwork!

Wow, Great build! Excellent work on the Lava Wyrm. Very dragon like. The Lava build looks awesome.

Very nicely done!

Thank you all!

Very very good build. The wyrm is suitably scary and the jetpack vapour well worth the effort you put into balancing it, I can imagine that was frustrating!

Thanks man. There is some clutch power between the ice cream pieces. Some fun examples. (In addition to mine :laugh: )

Great build Mrcp6d, excellent job on the wyrm, and the jetpack and landscape are very nice as well!

Great build Mrcp6d, excellent job on the wyrm, and the jetpack and landscape are very nice as well!

Wow, cool. Jetpack action is perfect, lava wyrm is a really dangerous beast!

Thanks guys! I think the jetpack will be a recurring thing for AG, the lava wyrm? I hope not! :grin: