Sign in to follow this  
Halhi 141

Challenge IV Cat A: Zelpunra's Tower

18262004096_303f5b48e3_c.jpg

18280278532_1c7c599b32_c.jpg

Before the war, I had a real family. I was happy. I lived an innocent life at my home near Zelpunra's Tower.

18257636446_af22585e41_c.jpg

But my parents died during the war, and now I have no true family. Gremlon, that old wizard everyone knows about, is watching over me, but it's not the same. It doesn't feel safe here anymore. I used to come to this stream to wade in the cool water; now I come here ready to fight my enemies. When will this ever end?

More pictures can be seen on my flickr

This is my entry for Category A of Challenge IV. It's one of my smallest serious builds in a long time, and I really love how it turned out :classic:. I had a lot of fun incorporating as many angles as possible in the landscaping, which was also an experiment with a color scheme I've been wanting to try out for a while.

This build was also a way for me to experiment with a new angled whitewash technique, as well as a new stonework technique. I quite like how they both turned out, although they're pretty complex :wink:.

18096198128_46a02c3b4d_c.jpg

18284224785_5d72fe5490_c.jpg

Enjoy! C&C is welcome.

Pretty well made! Really liked how you made ground. I think the water looks the best how some are slanted and such making it pretty awesome.

Excellent tower, but the landscaping on this really is the part that stands out. The river is looks very smooth, not blocky or edgy.

This is a well-textured build from top to bottom. The rocks and path make an excellent base and the tower looks great. I especially like how you closed the gaps above the arched windows - I've wondered about that technique and now I see it works. The upper section and conical roof look like something straight from a storybook and make a beautiful complete tower. The elf torsos and legs are perfect for this setting. And what child of the country didn't like wading in a creek? The water is excellent and really adds another dimension to the scene. Very good work!

Great build, Halhi, excellent job including all the different angles you managed to get into this build! :wink::thumbup: Very nice tower and landscaping, my only nit-pick would be that the top of the tower seems to extend a bit far out making it look a little top-heavy... overall though this is an awesome build! :sweet:

Nice shape overall and good color use. I really like the leaning white walls and how the tower changes diameter very smoothly!

A small piece of criticism is however that I prefer if a picture is either significantly cropped or shows the whole build, so a overall shot without cropping a small part of the build would be appreciated :classic:

Tremendous round tower design, the way it tapers is super impressive :thumbup: The section of landscape with the waterfall is gorgeous too :wub:

Gorgeous build! The landscaping is wonderfully realistic and the tower is superb!

Edited by LordDan