Hello all, I have come here with deep regret today...I am planning a trip, to drive all of america aver several months, And I realize i will need some dosh, To do this i see no alternative but to sell my life's collection :( , Before i jump in to anything i wanted to share this to see if anyone had ideas about bulk sales/ big buyers or other stuff, So here is my collection, Any advice on sales/value would be great :D

18127227470_13686b1054_c.jpgDSC00916 by Jazz Baker, on Flickr

18288170766_38f962bae6_c.jpgANYONE WANT THE LOT? by Jazz Baker, on Flickr

18126846418_88fa3f7366_c.jpgANYONE WANT THE LOT? by Jazz Baker, on Flickr

18314652835_774ebcf0a5_c.jpgANYONE WANT THE LOT? by Jazz Baker, on Flickr

18310739452_e4d8b67879_c.jpgANYONE WANT THE LOT? by Jazz Baker, on Flickr

18288224516_51c9d3b54f_c.jpgANYONE WANT THE LOT? by Jazz Baker, on Flickr

18128450229_9c96258384_c.jpgANYONE WANT THE LOT? by Jazz Baker, on Flickr

18314643695_ee4ffd743c_c.jpgANYONE WANT THE LOT? by Jazz Baker, on Flickr

18310730072_8c24824b27_c.jpgANYONE WANT THE LOT? by Jazz Baker, on Flickr

18126904560_014e2befa5_c.jpgANYONE WANT THE LOT? by Jazz Baker, on Flickr

17694009693_9801ca2c9c_c.jpgANYONE WANT THE LOT? by Jazz Baker, on Flickr

17692014894_e881c3b40e_c.jpgANYONE WANT THE LOT? by Jazz Baker, on Flickr

17692012304_2cbda73329_c.jpgANYONE WANT THE LOT? by Jazz Baker, on Flickr

17691973344_8704dbddb5_c.jpgANYONE WANT THE LOT? by Jazz Baker, on Flickr

18128431829_2c2795c876_c.jpgANYONE WANT THE LOT? by Jazz Baker, on Flickr

18310714012_f7965fa5a6_c.jpgANYONE WANT THE LOT? by Jazz Baker, on Flickr

18316059681_6bbef8254c_c.jpgANYONE WANT THE LOT? by Jazz Baker, on Flickr

18310709272_bb3fd3a7ac_c.jpgANYONE WANT THE LOT? by Jazz Baker, on Flickr

18310704272_ba1bfef880_c.jpgANYONE WANT THE LOT? by Jazz Baker, on Flickr

18126803128_60dbd344b0_c.jpgANYONE WANT THE LOT? by Jazz Baker, on Flickr

18126873780_b57315ac3c_c.jpgANYONE WANT THE LOT? by Jazz Baker, on Flickr

18126871330_48b9eed6b6_c.jpgANYONE WANT THE LOT? by Jazz Baker, on Flickr

18288179306_2503e6705b_c.jpgANYONE WANT THE LOT? by Jazz Baker, on Flickr

18126866570_06c8296d94_c.jpgANYONE WANT THE LOT? by Jazz Baker, on Flickr

18316035371_4904edb8fc_c.jpgANYONE WANT THE LOT? by Jazz Baker, on Flickr

18288173306_fc203408ba_c.jpgANYONE WANT THE LOT? by Jazz Baker, on Flickr

18288166626_369a3636ca_c.jpgANYONE WANT THE LOT? by Jazz Baker, on Flickr

The pictures really dont show the extent of the stuff here, It is almost all complete, and most boxes+instructions are around, Cheers guys, take care

First off... There's been some real commitment to the Lego cause there... and a lot of money invested... I just hope you've got some enjoyment from it over the years.

It's a huge collection so finding someone who will buy everything might be more difficult... it may also mean getting less for each item when sold as a whole.

It may seem like a daunting task but I'd separate all the larger sets out and get them as complete as you can with boxes and instructions ready to sell individually then if there's a pile of stuff at the end of that you may want to create an 'assortment' lot for sale.

I'd definitely separate things out to make the most of it and achieve more funds for your trip.

Wow, thats a huge collection. I can't see many people having the money or the space for a collection that size. I would imagine only someone purchasing to sell on at a profit would be interested in buying the whole lot. In which case i imagine they will want it at a big discount. I'm more recently into lego so have no experience of buying and selling lego or indeed anything else but feel sure you will get more, by splitting the sets, maybe even by splitting them into themes. Star war sets, modulars etc. The other thing i've noticed is that a number of the models are still in the shops, can't imagine buyers would pay rrp for those, being they are secondhand and postage will have to be paid, when you could order online, new with free P&P. Postage here in Uk is expensive. Maybe consider selling the older models first as you may well get a higher return for those.

Having said that if you decide to sell individual models or in small groups, please put prices on here as i'd love a few if i can afford them and would show my husband the Star War ones to see if he is interested. Totally get why you would want to sell the collection as a whole simply due to the hassle. I've amassed a huge papercraft collection but gave car boot loads away rather than face the hassle of ebay!

How much money do you plan on spending on your trip? When is your trip? It looks like you have a lot of really good sets that command higher prices on the aftermarket. You will get the most bang for your buck selling each set individually on eBay. Selling that way is also really time consuming though. If time is an issue, selling bulk would be your best bet, you will get significantly less though over selling the sets individually.

If you sell sets individually, I'm interested in a few.

Edited by Sir_Basil_Ashton

Do I WANT to buy it? Yes. Can I afford to buy it. Probably not. I would be interested in some of it if you are willing to split the collection up. And good luck with selling it.

Are you sure you're not going to regret this even more when you come back from your trip in ((x) amount of) months?

Well, either way, what would you ask for either Orthanc alone or all of your LOTR sets, or even some?

Edited by General Magma

USC/Giant sets like the Helicarrier and the Sandcrawler usually skyrocket in price on the aftermarket once they're discontinued (the Haunted House alone is selling used for $350+ on Bricklink), so you may want to hold off on a few of them for now. If you have all the sets for one particular theme, you could sell them as a lot as an enticement for collectors. And this is just a personal opinion, but you should probably keep at least five of your favorite sets in case you ever decide to get back into the hobby.

Hey all, Thank you everybody for loads of really great advice, I think your right and splitting it up a bit would be a good idea, Preferably i would like to do it in orders of over £100 to begin with, but i will be happy to split things, I might hang on to some newer things until they are more valuable or in case i have a change of heart one day, But really anythings ready to go, I'm in the UK and would be happy to hear what everyone's interested in :)

Once again, thanks for everyone's advice, really appreciated

The superheroes and lego batman stuff is of interest to me. Do you have the old batcave by any chance?

I would possibly be interested on a few pieces if the price was right but I am figuring the shipping cost to the us would bring that cost up more then I would want to spend

I would be interested in the lot. I’ve the capital and the space to deal with it. But it’d mostly be for resale and realistically, you’d be unlikely to get more than 50% of the individual value if you sell in one lot.

So my advice

Firstly figure out how much you need for your trip, as you may not need to sell all of it and if can store cheaply whilst away, do so.

Then Inventory it: incl. figs / boxes / instructions.

Look at some of the high value sets and sell individually; The modulars, the high end SW sets, the HP sets and anything that has retired. – Check the Brickpicker price guide and don’t accept the first low ball offer. As these are high value and likely to be high weight you’re going to need to sell UK or maybe EU. Otherwise shipping and insurance will hurt. For the less valuable / smaller sets / figs bundle as others have suggested.

If you can sell anything locally through LUGS or Gumtree do this, as selling this lot is going to take time, so any easy cash transactions will help and will save costs in fees and shipping.

If you’ve an inventory of items, asking prices on any individual items or sets let me know, if you just want any further advice on selling just contact me. I’m UK based – SE England. I’m a set rebuilder and sell a fair amount of used and rebuilt sets.

Either way good luck

I dont get it. You've been buying like almost every licensed set the past few years and now you want to get rid of it? The Helicarrier is brand new. I think it's odd.

Are you sure you want to sell ALL that stuff? Lots of money and perhaps good memories and time sure went into that. Maybe you can consider it carefully or just sell not all of it?

Edited by Mott the Brick

Has anything actually been sold or spoken for? Do you have an updated list of items for sale? It's been about 3 weeks now.

Edited by Deathleech

Have been trying to respond to all who PM me, As of yet the HH, Town hall, Fire station, Mini VW, Hogwarts and Diafon alley have confirmed buyers, However it is difficult to organize as i try to hold sets for those who ask but not all deals work out, For all interested in things a PM is really better than on the forum as it allows all our discussion to be personal and tied up in one place, Other than that lots is still here and all ready :classic: :classic: :classic:

And Borex, can the bull