So I assume you've done all the basic calculations for thrust, drag, weight and lift to work out if you have a fighting chance ?

@Corvette3 It would be a turbofan style ducted fan

@whale2 construction hasn't started yet and won't for about another year, first I have to order the parts then I can post pictures of the construction

When I have access to a computer I will post pictures of the print outs I've made of the Airbus A300 so far

The cool thing about this project is that it will have the original AmericanAirlines livery

So, are you wanting to replace the engine core with a LEGO RC motor that turns the fan?

How do you plan on controlling the aircraft once it is in the air?

It will not be in the air so he has to plan rather how to steer it's wheels... :D

Max...

Edited by MaxSupercars

It will not be in the air so he has to plan rather how to steer it's wheels... :D

Max...

Haha very funny

So, are you wanting to replace the engine core with a LEGO RC motor that turns the fan?

How do you plan on controlling the aircraft once it is in the air?

Yes I'm replacing the core with a motor and I'm controlling the flight surfaces with Lego pneumatics

Well it might work, the turbofans on commercial airliners are high bypass (wikipedia quotes 12:1 as a typical figure), so it might not be a problem that this lego version has no reactive thrust from the jet turbine. Right?

Well it might work, the turbofans on commercial airliners are high bypass (wikipedia quotes 12:1 as a typical figure), so it might not be a problem that this lego version has no reactive thrust from the jet turbine. Right?

Well currently I am looking for a small group of engineers to do research for this product that is going to be created through AutoCAD, and through that research we will have answers

Hey guys, I contacted Bright Bricks earlier to see if they can help me with the construction of the aircraft, they are known for their projects like this one

I like your enthusiasm.....BUT, having been involved with aviation for many many years i'll add this. The chances of you making a scale airbus is high, the chance of getting it to fly is zero. People have made lego cars that can carry a person, i'm sure a boat would be possible too but LEGO just isn't cut out to make something that will fly.

I'm thinking of scaling this up, i've been told it will allow me to travel forward in time and see if my predictions are right :wink:

post-139084-0-99664900-1434411973_thumb.jpg

I like your enthusiasm.....BUT, having been involved with aviation for many many years i'll add this. The chances of you making a scale airbus is high, the chance of getting it to fly is zero. People have made lego cars that can carry a person, i'm sure a boat would be possible too but LEGO just isn't cut out to make something that will fly.

I'm thinking of scaling this up, i've been told it will allow me to travel forward in time and see if my predictions are right :wink:

LOL!!! nothing is gonna stop me from trying I still have faith in my product

LOL!!! nothing is gonna stop me from trying I still have faith in my product

Maybe... gravity?

Maybe... gravity?

True... But then it's got wings and jet engines so :/

What I have to do is make a lightweight structure, but rigid, that's the main engineering problem with the airplane right now, but I have faith that me and my friends will be able to overcome that problem

True... But then it's got wings and jet engines so :/

This is not enough.

This is not enough.

i know it's not enough but we're still trying to figure out how we're going to design it in a way that it will fly

The main problem you will have is thrust. With enough thrust you can make anything fly - even concrete blocks. There is no viable way to get enough thrust from Lego components. :wink: