Hi, I would like to show you my "Lego Exhibition Turntable",

Thank you for your feedback.

Very nice! I guess the hailfire wheels and soccer balls solution can't be as easily motorised.

Edited by DrJB

I guess the hailfire wheels and soccer balls solution can't be as easily motorised.

Yes, it can (see 4:38):

I'd say the big problem is actually acquiring two HD wheels, given their rarity and subsequent prices.

Edited by Sariel

Nice design, and very powerful.

BTW, I already noticed you have quite a few 57585 and 10288 when seeing the porcupine.

I do too, close to 200 total. I started building dodecahedrons and shapes similar to soccer balls. The parts above and various angled connectors fit the job.

Edited by DrJB

I like your large soccer ball (picture below, from the links you provided). I've built smaller versions, but because axles are short, it is very difficult to bend them. What length axles are you using? 12?

I wonder if you can attach a go-pro in the middle and record the view from the center of the sphere, as the ball is rolling.

639592LEGOMarsBallRover.jpg

Edited by DrJB

Yes, for the big ball, I have used axles 12.

This does not work. I am thinking about the other Ball, may be in september, I will see.

I give you an idea, think about Gyro Boy. :wink:

What is a go-pro ?

I don't understand how to put image here. It does not work. Can you help me ?

Edited by oracid

Oh, yes, I have thousands of 57585 and 10288. With axles, this pieces are my favorites.

That is what I thought :classic:

If I had enough of them I would probably also build some models of molecules/footballs. DrJB any good examples without bending axles?

To embed an image you can simply click the "image icon" next to "Link" and "Unlink" and paste the url. Like so:

140690sIMG9669.jpg

edit: This only works if the image is already hosted somewhere, like yours.

Edited by PeterF

"To embed an image you can simply click the "image icon" next to "Link" and "Unlink" and paste the url. Like so:"

That is what I do, but it does not work. The buttons are not enable and I can't even close the little Windows which appear.

I have a PC with Windows 8.1 and Internet Explorer

Ok I have found how to put images...

Here, you can see a new version with weels. This version goes slower. This is better.

In the previous version the load was 8 bottles of 1 liter, in this new version, the load is 8 bottles of 1,5 liter.

So, the new load is 12kg !

680876sIMG9898.jpg230220sIMG9900.jpg

Nice & practical - what are the part numbers for the wheels & tyres used on the improved version?

Just wanted to say thank you to Oracid for this post, I built 3 of the V2.0 turntables and used them at a recent Lego show.

They worked faultlessly for two days solid displaying some supercars I built.

Some AFOL trainspotters made the usual comments about 'microwave oven motors' - however none of these were present!

Even some visitors spotted the turntables were made from Lego Technic - brilliant!, I used laser cut 2.0mm stainless steel as the deck.

Sure I'm going to build more now....

Cheers OMR

I'm really happy that this turntable is operational in your exhibition. Do you have some pictures to show us ?

The reference for wheels and tyres are 3482/3634, here :

http://www.bricklink...c.asp?P=3482c03

3482c03.jpg

these wheels are great but I find the hubs crack and break on the old grey ones - (black and yellow ok so far) though with enough wheels 12kg is 2 kg per wheen which is over what you would need anyway

@OneMoreRobot. You are a beginner, as I can see. :wink:

@Rockbrick. Thank you, I did not knew that.

Although this is now old, I would like to thank @Oracid for posting the video, I reverse engineered, made the design in Stud.io ordered parts and have finally built!  I just need to cut a tabletop to use with it.   Our exhibition is in 2 weeks and this will be a central showpiece.  Merci Beaucoup Mon Ami!

2 hours ago, BennyT19 said:

Merci Beaucoup Mon Ami! 

Thanks to you.

Let me show what you have done when posted.