Sign in to follow this  
Dannylonglegs

[O - G07] Outstanding in her Field

Tags: Science, Exploration, Vehicles

Earlier, on H05.

//"Log date 317, this is Dr. Danielle Long, Recording from the surface of Planet H05. My second day on this miserable planet has been much more eventful than the first. After receiving a transmission from one of our Engineers, Big Z, as the crew calls him, I was able to devise a method by which a prospector on this planet might reliably discover Awesomnium without the use of our advanced detector technology. The key to finding sub-surface deposits of Awesomnium is a very distinctive "bush." Found planet-wide, this bush only grows in Awesomnium rich soil. I've gathered several specimens for research aboard the O.C.S. Axle, and tested the surrounding soil with Sc119, or as the crew calls it: Hound. I'll be returning to Orbit shortly. Dr. Long signing off."//

17356548663_627016a765_z.jpg

Conclusions Drawn

---------------------------

Later, aboard the O.C.S. Axle.

18062272020_af95dc58ae_z.jpg

"Greetings, Comrade."

"Greetings, Danielle. Have you gotten a chance to look over my Science Outpost request? I've detected very promising readings from a sector on the Northern Pole of H05."

"I did review your work. Excellent adherence to protocol. We did send out a scouting mission lead by Horsleben, and work is underway for a permanent mining facility to be installed... however your request is being denied."

"Wait... but why? I'm fully capable of working planet-side on this."

"I know you are... but we're needed elsewhere. The Axle always follows the primary fleet... and the fleet is moving out."

"You mean...?"

"Yes. Domination has been achieved. H05 is ours. Now we begin firming our control over the nearby planets."

"So... Where does this leave me?"

"We will be needing a lab on G07 to test the water there for potability, in addition to performing routine environmental studies. This will be your new assignment. Go over the plans with Big Z. He's disembarking from the Axle shortly. I'm sure you'll have much to discuss."

"So, Octan's reach is extending. Excellent."

"You know what they say: Kawashita thinks red is the color of domination, and MANTIS thinks green is. They're both right!"

Later still, on G07:

//"Log date 322, this is Dr. Danielle Long. Preliminary reports from Hennigan II show bountiful water resources, but inedible biomass. This will have to be researched. Samples collected. Etc. I have my drones working on that now. There are more pressing matters, however. One of our explorers has reported an... "Unknown Artifact..." which is Octan code for a really interesting anomaly... Potentially produced by highly intelligent non-human lifeforms. That's why we send the explorers out first. They have a knack for picking up on interesting finds. Some say it's fate, or luck, but I don't believe in any of that. I will be inspecting this report, and employing the assistance of an explorer by the name of Jacques LaRose, one of my fellow executives. I've dispatched an Sc212 drone to locate him. Shouldn't be too hard. Dr. Long out."//

18223620756_0108a43c19_z.jpg

Arial Observation and Personnel Location

//"This is Dr. Danielle Long: Status update: In transit to location of G07 anomaly aboard one of our Scientific Personnel and Equipment Transporters. None of the hostile "butterfly"-like lifeforms have been observed, however I have noted several large arthropoidal creatures camouflaged in the grasses. They appear bovine and docile. We should be arriving at our destination soon."//

18264848795_938b84ec13_z.jpg

Take Me to the River

18261290732_5845b63097_z.jpg

Take Me to the River

18077392110_0a65e3d1c9_z.jpg

Take Me to the River

18063772838_9d32d20845.jpg

Out Standing in Her Field

Sorry for the multiple Vigs. I got a bit carried away. Also sorry for the mediocre pictures of the centerpiece carrier craft. I didn't have much time, but I'll upload better ones later... probably too late for the judging, mais c'est la vie. Updated with some better pics.

~Dr. Long

Edited by Dannylonglegs

Excellent work on everything, I like the use of incorporating other build scenes for the progression of the story. Nicely done there! You did a good job at capturing the vast grass plains on Hennigan II.

Excellent piece of landscaping. Luv the smoothness of the vessel also.

Great work on the landscaping here! The equipment transporter looks pretty neat too! :thumbup:

"You know what they say: Kawashita thinks red is the color of domination, and MANTIS thinks green is. They're both right!"

:laugh::rofl::thumbup:

excellent story and builds, don't worry about pictures mine are in need of work as well. drones are coming along nicely :thumbup::classic:

An excellent series of builds! I really like the forced perspective of the LaRose walker scene. :thumbup:

Nicely done! I really like how the grass turned out!

Love the series of builds, great story as well! The final picture with the grasslands in fantastic. Well done on the landscaping. Nice craft as well! :sweet:

Thanks all for the comments! I personally love fields, so I tried my best to capture that feel (d). I would have made it an even larger base, but I realized that I would be limited by the small grass pieces. I used almost all of them into this (except for maybe 20 more scattered all over the place.)

Also thanks for the complements on the robots and the ship!

True story about the microbuild. It was build specifically to showcase a piece I realized halfway through the building that I don't have. :laugh: let's just say there's a reason we didn't see any butterflies!

:laugh::rofl::thumbup:

Glad to see someone enjoyed that joke! I gave the best line of my build to Zaael! :laugh:

~Insectoid Aristocrat

Edited by Dannylonglegs

Excellent story! And way to include other Octan players! I love the forced perspective in the vignette representing shmail's build! And you do a great job capturing the feel of dense grassland!

Glad to see someone enjoyed that joke! I gave the best line of my build to Zaael! :laugh:

~Insectoid Aristocrat

Haha, it's a great line! :excited: