UniqueBuilder

CITY VEHICLE COMPETITION 4 - Firetrucks!

Finally, what you've all been waiting for: The Firetruck competition! *wub*

The contest will have three categories, which are as follows:

Category 1: Engines. For those who don't know much about firetrucks, an engine is a truck with a pump and no aerial device (ladder). Quite simply a regular firetruck. ;-)

Category 2: Ladder trucks. A ladder truck is simply a truck with a ladder mounted on top of it. It may have a pump, but it's not required. Ladders come in many different forms. :-)

Category 3: ARFF Engines. (Airport Rescue and Firefighting) An ARFF engine, or an Airport engine is a big, heavy-duty truck used at airports. It's typically yellow or lime green, but they come in all colors, really. :-P You can also enter a plain engine/ladder with some special mods and colors to look like airport trucks. ;-)

Rules:

-Entries must be done by October 5th, the deadline may be extended if see fit.

-One entry per category per user. You may enter all of the categories, or just one or two; but only one entry per category. ;-)

-No modified bricks (this includes painting)

-Stickers are allowed (both custom and official)

-You may enter a MOC/MOD you've done ages ago, but a new one would be best. ;-)

-Digital entries are allowed, but the renders must be GOOD. (LDD is okay)

-Minifig scale only

-The creation may resemble a real-life firetruck, or it may be pure fantasy. (no spacey things though :-P )

-When posting an entry, please specify which category you are entering, and be sure to post it in the Entries thread. ;-)

That's it! Have FUN !! ;-)

Fire On! smil45f1c8edb1fa2.gif

Edited by UniqueBuilder

Whats next a Ambulance Vehicle Competition? actuly that would be good *y* .This is a good idea i might have to do one but i'll probable wait till a ambulance one comes along. Cant wait to see all those sweet mocs :'-)

This seems like a neat contest, but you might want to wait until the other one ends before starting up another.

As I told you earlier I would love to enter this contest, but Sir Dillon might have a point; could you delay this until after the City contest? 8-| I think you will get more entries then. Additionally, I think you should clarify if decals/stickers are allowed. Other than those whinges, good idea! *sweet*

Ah, great, another contest! This time I will win!

The firetruck I am entering is a model I made some time ago shortly after the release of the new Firestation and has been discussed here on Eurobricks in this thread.

It is, although equipped with a ladder, still a regular firetruck as used by the firedepartment in my homecity of Amsterdam Holland.

(Click to enlarge)

p3164168.jpg_thumb.jpgp3164153.jpg_thumb.jpg

May the best firetrucker win! :-)

Edited by simonwillems

Ah, great, another contest! This time I will win!

Indeed. I suspect you might very well win, but I will still give it a try! *sweet* I think my best chance is to do something very different.... 8-|

Man, now this is a contest I'm completely unsuited for ... Hmm. There's always bricklink, I guess.

Evil, evil contests, making me spend money on LEGO. ;-)

As I told you earlier I would love to enter this contest, but Sir Dillon might have a point; could you delay this until after the City contest? 8-| I think you will get more entries then. Additionally, I think you should clarify if decals/stickers are allowed. Other than those whinges, good idea! *sweet*

I could extend the deadline by two weeks. ;-) And thanks for reminding about the stickers; I'll edit the rules. ;-)

It is, although equipped with a ladder, still a regular firetruck as used by the firedepartment in my homecity of Amsterdam Holland.

p3164168.jpg_thumb.jpgp3164153.jpg_thumb.jpg

May the best firetrucker win! :-)

I've seen that baby before Simon, and I still love it. *wub* Ground ladders are okay for engines. :-)

I could extend the deadline by two weeks. ;-) And thanks for reminding about the stickers; I'll edit the rules. ;-)

I will do my best to produce an entry, and my pleasure! *sweet*

i'm working on it :-)

Hi everyone, this will be my MOC...Sorry I don' t know how to post a picture here....Here is link....Thanks You Fire Pumper :-D

Some introduction to it. I try to Mod this fire pumper as similar Singapore fire pumper which is dennis fire pumper..........

Edited by MengShu1985

xwingyoda made a really nice tutorial about deeplinking here. ;-)

When you've figured it out, you should post your MOC in the Entries thread! :-)

Edited by UniqueBuilder

When I saw this competition, I felt it was a great opportunity to get one of my old projects finished: The Rosenbauer Titan from 1987.

I consulted UniqueBuilder to know if it was OK to have it be 8 studs wide (since I think that is the right size for this kind of ARFFs).

Here is the first prototype. There are a lot of small details that have to be corrected for the final version, so I'm not posting it in the entry thread now.

prototype1jv5.jpg

Well, it would reduce your chances of winning.. Search harder, my reviewing friend! ;-)

Ill search but If I cant find it would interviewing the resident mommy raise my chances X-D :-P ... Ill try to find it, but I keep most of my lego in a big tub, I just keep the built models/Mocs Outside on a shelf, so finding the parts is a advanture on its own...

When I saw this competition, I felt it was a great opportunity to get one of my old projects finished: The Rosenbauer Titan from 1987.

I consulted UniqueBuilder to know if it was OK to have it be 8 studs wide (since I think that is the right size for this kind of ARFFs).

Here is the first prototype. There are a lot of small details that have to be corrected for the final version, so I'm not posting it in the entry thread now.

prototype1jv5.jpg

ITS A BEAST!!!! 8-