Anybody know a hair piece that would look better on a Lando figure than the generic Lego hair piece they used for him?

The one on Finn from the force awakens.

Columbus

I always liked the look of the Dracula/Sinestro hair piece on him... the shape isn't quite right, really, but I liked it. The Finn hairpiece isn't too shabby. Both are superior to the standard Male Hair Lego gave the old versions of him...

I know this isn't a purist figure as it's a custom print but I just wanted to post it to show Ironfish the Finn hair used for Lando:

26693934475_ae2df0f402_z.jpg

Edited by Robianco

I know this isn't a purist figure as it's a custom print but I just wanted to post it to show Ironfish the Finn hair used for Lando:

who did that print? Edited by LuxorV
Please do not quote images from the same page, and especially the post above yours. Thank you.

who did that print?

One of our very own... Phoenix Customs. It didn't do very well in presale so only around 20 were printed.

One of our very own... Phoenix Customs. It didn't do very well in presale so only around 20 were printed.

what do you mean by presale? You mean he went out to ask how many was interested? I got so disappointed I couldn't get a hold of one actually when I saw it presented in the british sw fb group =(

what do you mean by presale? You mean he went out to ask how many was interested? I got so disappointed I couldn't get a hold of one actually when I saw it presented in the british sw fb group =(

He always has a presale for his figures... The presale cost is lower than the normal cost. He shows the cgi render for interest. I was probably the first one to buy presale but that and the Bespin Luke didn't get much interest so only printed around 20 of each. The Luke is incredible.

It's possible Luke & Lando didn't get as much interest because there was all that speculation about a "UCS Cloud City" awhile back, before we knew it was Hoth, and/or knowledge of the Carbon Freeze set perhaps causing many to think Lego was finally gonna revisit Cloud City in a big way (meaning new Bespin Luke & Lando would be givens). That's one reason I, personally, didn't jump on the Luke design (which, yeah, was fantastic! Especially having that Luke hair dyed dark tan...I'm using the medium dark flesh version from Nexo Knights on my ANH Luke right now; it's better than tan, but not quite as perfect as dark tan would be!). It's been a long wait for updated Bespin Luke & Lando... and looks to be longer still, now! :sceptic:

Gosh, I haven't checked this thread in forever. But anyway, I knew as soon as I saw the leaks of the TFA Millennium Falcon set back in July, that that Finn piece would be perfect for Lando, and thank you for the great picture! Edited by LuxorV
Please do not quote images from the same page. Thank you.

27094210673_f2b40d439c_z.jpg

27094211033_c52d3eb614_z.jpg

27094263913_8558c50623_z.jpg

So here's the Phoenix Customs Luke with both faces photographed... I've also included my original purist version. Apologies for those that don't think the custom images should be here but it was just in answer to a request and as a comparison to my purist version.

Edited by Robianco

Well, those custom figures certainly are fantastic, but I had to pass on them when I saw the prices. The quality may be very good but I'm not spending $80 on a single minifig, especially not when it comes without exclusive molds, but even then...

I'll wait for LEGO themselves to revisit these figures and then I'll see about all of that.

Edited by General Magma

Well, those custom figures certainly are fantastic, but I had to pass on them when I saw the prices. The quality may be very good but I'm not spending $80 on a single minifig, especially not when it comes without exclusive molds, but even then...

I'll wait for LEGO themselves to revisit these figures and then I'll see about all of that.

I'm sure I didn't spend anywhere near that on it but then again I jumped on the pre-sale quickly. Just checked and it was less than half that.

Can you post a picture of Luke?

I'll try to remember to snap a pic tonight!

In the meantime, a couple additions...

Talon Karrde, made with a Tony Stark head, Superman hair, a POTC torso (with arms swapped for dark green), and brown legs.

27611916192_32a9ec4541.jpg

And after someone bringing it up the other day, this morning I threw together a custom Kix, after he's awakened from stasis in "The Crimson Corsair & the Lost Treasure of Count Dooku" and joins the Corsair's pirate crew. Panaka head (my go-to "clone head"), pirate bandana, Skiff Guard Lando torso, 501st clone legs, and dark bley hands. I still have to read the full story for myself, so I'm not sure if they ever described what he wore at all.

27637817541_85652830a6.jpg

Ah, jealous of that fig. I managed to snag a Luke but missed the pre-order for Lando. If I may suggest, the wavy black hair used for poe works nicely as an alternative to the Finn hair :classic:

For those of you who read the books, here is Rae Sloane

Nice. New Dawn is the best Star Wars book I've read, and she was one of my favorite characters.

Edited by LuxorV
Please do not quote images from the same page, and especially the post abov yours. Thank you.

I really like her too and I'm glad she keeps popping up in other books, I really hope she shows up in Rebels or Rogue One.

On 6/25/2015 at 2:56 PM, Venkefedo said:

In response to a question in the SW section about parts for Carth Onasi, I realized I had all the parts I suggested so I tried throwing 'em together... the torso may not be ideal, and I'm still flip-flopping on the hair, but overall I think it works pretty well.

19148048732_af8ee3def8.jpg

I couldn't resist making a Brask, from the upcoming mobile game "SW: Uprising" (I didn't have a Temple of Doom figure whose dark red torso would offer a decent printed purist option, but until I can print a decal or get one of those I figured this'll do)

18966223738_cd84799815.jpg

Done a Bastila Shan? She's far and away my favorite character from that game.

9 hours ago, Skier1215 said:

That face...what is that face?

That face is Jor-El, father of Superman.

Has anyone tried using syndromes arms from disney Cmf on the tank trooper from rogue one ? After looking at some pics wondered how they would look